From the Treatment Room

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: From the Treatment Room

Postby bubbles500 on Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:31 pm

Was thinking about Lewen appointment today and if it's not a case of after the horse has bolted.As in he is just tidying up others mess.Cant be a coincidence now there is something fundamentally wrong ,no idea who is to blame,but someone is.
bubbles500

Postby johnnyb on Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:31 pm

I said a while ago how long would it be before we were told most of the players injured last season would not be fit for the start of the new season. Well we weren't told but its obvious that will now be the case with most of them. I am particularly just sick to the stomach of reading and hearing that Andy Carroll and Diafra Sakho are still not fit. For crying out loud how much longer must we put up with this ridiculous state of affairs? We are a Hernandez injury away from being completely toothless yet again.
johnnyb

Postby bubbles500 on Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:33 pm

Out of the listed Injuries how many are picked up in pre season?

Most have been since last season[/quote]

More than half ,we were down to 4 injured,now up to 9 or 10.
bubbles500

Postby mumbles87 on Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:35 pm

I make it 5 of them injured before pre season

Ogbonna
Reid
Carroll
Sakho
Antonio
mumbles87

Postby bubbles500 on Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:41 pm

Ogbonna was supposed to be fit,but looks like he's injured again.Anyway it's pretty irrelevant.All that matters is we ve played 3 poxy pre season games and lost 4 or 5 players..Have to also wonder who's bright idea it was to play 4 games in the space of a week as well.
bubbles500

Postby Westbourne Bill on Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:43 pm

Anyone thinking Gary Lewin will bring about a transformation in our fitness and injury levels should be aware that he failed to achieve that at Arsenal. Even since he left them their regime for avoiding and treating injuries is regularly criticised by a top Dutch sports scientist whose name I cant remember but who is often interviewed on Talksport.
http://www.gunnerstown.com/arsenal/2014 ... ss-record/
Westbourne Bill

Postby libero on Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:48 pm

mumbles87 wrote:I make it 5 of them injured before pre season

Ogbonna
Reid
Carroll
Sakho
Antonio

Ogbonna and Reid played the 90 minutes against Burnley in the last match of last season, which would make them match fit in May - crocked in July. Carroll and Sakho don't count as they are always injured, Antonio yes, his injury dates from last season

Which means in a couple of weeks of careful preseason planning we've only injured 7: Kouyate, Lanzini, Ogbonna, Reid, Noble, Feghouli and Collins.

Obviously despite the overhaul of the treatment room we're keeping in the spirit of how we do things at West Ham

Our new signings must be terrified
libero

Postby Burnley Hammer on Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:11 pm

libero wrote:Ogbonna and Reid played the 90 minutes against Burnley in the last match of last season, which would make them match fit in May - crocked in July. Carroll and Sakho don't count as they are always injured, Antonio yes, his injury dates from last season

Which means in a couple of weeks of careful preseason planning we've only injured 7: Kouyate, Lanzini, Ogbonna, Reid, Noble, Feghouli and Collins.

Obviously despite the overhaul of the treatment room we're keeping in the spirit of how we do things at West Ham

Our new signings must be terrified

Surely Ogbonna only has a knock or else they wouldn't have had him on the bench tonight? And have we had confirmation of Nobles and Collins injuries? Is Feghouli genuinely injured?
Burnley Hammer

Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham

Postby hammerman11 on Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:15 am

forget carroll and sakho - they will never be fit and should be sold/got rid of asap.

ogbonna - minor knock
noble - ?
kouyate - knee out back early september
antonio - hamstring misses first 2 games back end of august
lanzini - minor knock

5 important players for us especially lanzini and antonio.

fitness and training have been issues for a while.

we still have our 70 year old fitness coach !
hammerman11

Postby Hammer Laffers on Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:19 am

This is one thing I'd criticise Slav for. The team never look fit and are blowing out of their arses after 70 minutes every game. We haven't looked fit for the past 2 seasons imo.
Hammer Laffers

Postby hammerman11 on Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:41 am

tactics,fitness,training,injuries all problems for us over last 18 months.

why do we get so many injured. forgetting carroll and sakho we still have too many.

big season ahead for us. 4 players have joined with good levels of fitness how long before they succumb to the west ham way ?
hammerman11

Postby Up the Junction on Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:32 pm

Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Postby hammerdivone on Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:39 pm

He can't be, bubbles500 says he's injured :wink:
hammerdivone

Postby DDHammer on Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:03 pm

Gary Lewin on the OS today:

The majority of our players have now completed a full and comprehensive pre-season programme. Those that haven’t, due to injury, are playing a bit of catch-up but it is important that they still do the equivalent of a pre-season and are not rushed back too soon.

Andy Carroll has stepped up his rehab recently and we are hoping to have him back in full training in the near future.

I never like putting times or dates on a player’s return from injury because it has to be assessed day to day and things can change, but we are looking at days not weeks with Andy, in terms of being back on the training pitch.

Cheikhou Kouyate is at around the same level – he is now working very hard out on the pitches and is close to joining in full training, as is Manuel Lanzini, and we hope that both will be available again before the international break.

Diafra Sakho and Winston Reid played in the Under-23 match at Tottenham last weekend and both came through it fine. Diafra has now had a full week of training, which is very positive for him, and we can now start to look at getting him some match time.

Mark Noble and Pedro Obiang, who both ended the season injured, have had a full pre-season and, although Mark missed a couple of days with a minor toe problem, they are both now fully fit and ready for the season.

Finally, Michail Antonio is also getting very close. He has trained all week with the first team and is going to play on Friday night at Dagenham for the Under 23s against Everton.

All being well, he will train fully again next week and be available to Slaven for selection. Again, we have had to be careful with Michail – he is an explosive and powerful player who relies heavily on his hamstring muscles – and so we need to progress him in the right way.

Michail is a fantastic athlete – he looks so fit and there is a temptation to throw him straight back out there, but that wouldn’t be the right thing to do.

Dom Rogan, Fraser Young and Eamon Swift in my team have done a fantastic job with Diafra, Winston and Michail through pre-season to get them back to training, working on a very tight timescale.

Obviously we all want the players to be back as quickly as possible, but it is my job to ensure that they return at the time that is right for each individual. It is a balancing act, and you can never be 100% certain, but we make that judgement based on what we believe is right for the player.

What I would say is that the vast majority of Premier League clubs are exactly the same. Obviously supporters only follow their own clubs and we are only interested in West Ham United, but if you’ve read and seen some of the injury problems that other teams have been having over the past few weeks, they really are no different to us. It is part and parcel of the modern game.

In the eight weeks or so that I have been here, I can honestly say that we have a fantastic set-up here. We’ve tried to make a few small adjustments behind the scenes that everyone has been responsive to, the players have been great, and everyone is really looking forward to the start of the new season.
DDHammer

Postby YorksHammer on Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:17 pm

DDHammer wrote:All being well, he will train fully again next week and be available to Slaven for selection. Again, we have had to be careful with Michail – he is an explosive and powerful player who relies heavily on his hamstring muscles – and so we need to progress him in the right way.

Michail is a fantastic athlete – he looks so fit and there is a temptation to throw him straight back out there, but that wouldn’t be the right thing to do.

I don't think this bit can be reinforced enough - the exact reason why Antonio has spent the pre-season injured is because last year we thought he was a fantastic athlete and played him far too early after his initial hamstring tweak.
YorksHammer

Postby bubbles1966 on Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:19 pm

Slav says Kouyate and Lanzini back in two weeks.
bubbles1966

Postby Johnny Byrne's Boots on Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:26 am

@davidgold -Good to see Antonio back
-How did Samuelsen play tonight?

David Gold‏Verified account
@davidgold
I thought he had a OK game but Martin told me he felt he was poor but would improve with games. Good luck Martin. dg
Johnny Byrne's Boots

Postby hammerleroy on Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:46 am

DG is Antonio back? Didn't see him in the lineup for Everton. Perhaps he's been added to the first team squad for OT but I can't believe that. :scarfer:
hammerleroy

Postby Col Hammer on Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:59 am

hammerleroy wrote:DG is Antonio back? Didn't see him in the lineup for Everton. Perhaps he's been added to the first team squad for OT but I can't believe that. :scarfer:

Antonio had a 70min run out last night so too soon for Sunday
Col Hammer

Postby hammerleroy on Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:24 am

Cheers Col, missed his name somewhere! :lol:
hammerleroy

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion