Perspective

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Perspective

Postby The Sherriff on Fri May 19, 2017 2:38 pm

These ****ers have made irreversible monumental decision, without our consultation or input. Their primary objective was never the growth or long term wealth of the football club but to increase personal fortune.

They never saved us, they haven’t bank rolled us, they seldom deliver on a promise all the while making themselves and the club look muggy more than what we currently are.

I’ve yet to hear an opposing fan comment on how great the stadium is, the only people I’ve heard give the thumbs up to that **** hole are west ham fans …. And to be fair they’re in the minority. That aint just coincidence …. It’s because the ground is unsuitable for football and actually quite ****. We’ve always been laughing stock to a degree but now we’re stuck with a debilitating asset for the next 100years.

Perspective is needed by those with the claret n blue specs on endorsing what these idiots have done to our club. Sooner they move on the better.

Everything they do is mickey mouse; the move, transfers, media, management, champions league, farewell Boleyn blah blah blah.

West Ham fans my arse. Greedy *****.
The Sherriff

Postby hammerleroy on Fri May 19, 2017 2:54 pm

Thankyou Mr Sheriff, you have summed up why at 71 years of age I decided that the final game at the Boleyn was my final live game. I walked up Green Street towards the tube station, had one final look back and decided for me that was it. And events this season just convince me that I made the correct decision. Sorry but IMO we are not West Ham United anymore and I fully expect some rich foreigner to take over from the Gullivans sooner rather than later. The next level, don't make me laugh! :(
hammerleroy

Postby 1mcavennie on Fri May 19, 2017 3:30 pm

I'm going to the Blackpool game at Wembley with a mate who supports them

This will be the third time he has seen his team at the new stadium...
1mcavennie

Postby kitthehammer on Fri May 19, 2017 3:31 pm

I think there is a lot of blame being heaped on G&S which should actually be aimed at the whole of english football and they are just following what everyone else is doing. I've witnessed stadium moves at Reading, West Ham and soon Brentford. All similar grounds to West Ham being surrounded by terraced houses, small grounds etc. It isn't all going to change overnight. But the reality is, top-end football has been changed for the worse by The champions League, Premier League, Players and Agents and has become corporate, and simply staying at upton park or if we had a better stadium to move into, wouldn't change any of that. The whole football experience has changed, it isn't just west ham. Overall, they are doing ok.
Oh and i'll add that Brentfords adult season tickets are more expensive than some of ours.
kitthehammer

Postby sendô on Fri May 19, 2017 4:13 pm

The Sherriff wrote:Everything they do is mickey mouse; the move, transfers, media, management, champions league, farewell Boleyn blah blah blah.

A problem West Ham has had with owners throughout it's history, sadly.
sendô

Postby Claret&Blue,Thru& on Fri May 19, 2017 4:32 pm

Estuary wrote: 12th is no mean feat.

Suspect we'll end up more like 15th.
Claret&Blue,Thru&

Postby The Sherriff on Fri May 19, 2017 7:36 pm

kitthehammer wrote:I think there is a lot of blame being heaped on G&S which should actually be aimed at the whole of english football and they are just following what everyone else is doing. I've witnessed stadium moves at Reading, West Ham and soon Brentford. All similar grounds to West Ham being surrounded by terraced houses, small grounds etc. It isn't all going to change overnight. But the reality is, top-end football has been changed for the worse by The champions League, Premier League, Players and Agents and has become corporate, and simply staying at upton park or if we had a better stadium to move into, wouldn't change any of that. The whole football experience has changed, it isn't just west ham. Overall, they are doing ok.
Oh and i'll add that Brentfords adult season tickets are more expensive than some of ours.

Reading moved and kicked on. But the ground is built for football, as will Brentford's. As has every club that has decided to move ... there is only one that isn't in a purpose built football stadium. Guess who?

Their decision making and greed is nothing to do with English football. You're talking about something totally different.

Nobody held a gun to the Dildos head, nobody told Sullivan to pay his preferred agent(s) all that money, English football didn't dictate to them they had to move ... they did that off their back own back and not for our gain.

What money have they put in and written off? I look at Joe Lewis with envy .. now that's a fan. Don't hear anything from him, he just does it for the good of the club and has written off millions. Red Rom has written off staggering amounts. There are lower league chairman with considerable less fortune than these ****ers and happily write off enormous sums of money for the love of their club. Our board have loaned us money with a high rate of interest.

Don't mix the ills of English football with what these two ***** have done to us. Though I don't disagree with problems it wasn't a trigger for the Dildos to do what they did .... that was pure greed - a human instinct.

So what if the bees ST's are more expensive then ours? even their current ground is better than ours.

And you think they are doing ok? perspective eh .... I think they are the single worse thing to ever happen to us and have ****ed us beyond all recognition.

No doubt you lap up what they feed us ..
The Sherriff

Postby the pink palermo on Fri May 19, 2017 9:33 pm

bab_whu wrote:They have made errors, of course, but we owe a lot to them.

You've got to be joking .

We owe them nowt .

-------------------------------------

Sheriff - 2 excellent posts :thup:
the pink palermo
Huge noggin

Postby Marky on Fri May 19, 2017 10:09 pm

The Sherriff wrote:These ****ers have made irreversible monumental decision, without our consultation or input. Their primary objective was never the growth or long term wealth of the football club but to increase personal fortune.

They never saved us, they haven’t bank rolled us, they seldom deliver on a promise all the while making themselves and the club look muggy more than what we currently are.

I’ve yet to hear an opposing fan comment on how great the stadium is, the only people I’ve heard give the thumbs up to that **** hole are west ham fans …. And to be fair they’re in the minority. That aint just coincidence …. It’s because the ground is unsuitable for football and actually quite ****. We’ve always been laughing stock to a degree but now we’re stuck with a debilitating asset for the next 100years.

Perspective is needed by those with the claret n blue specs on endorsing what these idiots have done to our club. Sooner they move on the better.

Everything they do is mickey mouse; the move, transfers, media, management, champions league, farewell Boleyn blah blah blah.

West Ham fans my arse. Greedy *****.

amazing post and thank you I feel 100% like you
Marky

Postby BromleyHammer on Mon May 22, 2017 11:43 am

Would it be on interest to anyone on here to know that since G+S acquired ownership of West Ham we have had an upward trend in league position. That's not to say we have improved season on season, we haven't, but overall the trend is positive. We should also use data to dispel the myth that we are a top ten side. Since the acquisition, we have averaged 13th place.

On a separate note, since the inception of the Premier League, we have averaged 12th place.

PS - I am not a supporter of G+S and feel we can only push on with new investment.
BromleyHammer

Postby Happyhammer52 on Mon May 22, 2017 12:30 pm

Echo Hammerleroy comments 100% the only difference being I am 26.

I am yet to venture into the Athletics Stadium, and really have no desire to, it does not appeal to me in the slightest, but more importantly, it isn't what I think West Ham are about. We have completely lost our identity. We aren't the same West Ham I grew up with, adoring.

I don't think I have ever seen so much infighting from West Ham fans, there is so many divisions and splits, it is actually quite upsetting. Maybe things will get better, but I really can't see how.

Gold & Sullivan did not save us, and the fact they herald this at any given opportunity sums them up.

I have been to two West Ham games this (last now) season, and next year I doubt I will do that. My passion has well and truly gone for a club I once would give my left bollock for.
Happyhammer52

Postby il_martello_di_genovesi on Mon May 22, 2017 12:41 pm

btajim - mcfc wrote:I see the move to the new ground as nothing but greed. Admittedly, I've not been there yet but it looks unfit for football. Upton Park was absolutely brilliant. 44,000 with an extension would've been perfect.

They clearly fancy selling it to a bored billionaire and having a final pay day. You might get lucky with a Sheikh Mansour or you might not.

Had you been there this season, you would've liked it, both my City friends did :D.

I've warmed to the stadium a bit more...it's always going to take time to get everything right. When Tottenham lost to us, the man who interviewed their manager for the website described it as a cauldron of over 50,000 fans. Pretty sure we can make it work.

The Daves have done good and bad, and I'm hoping this season makes them think they need to do more good. Not trying to undermine Bilic and investing in the squad would be a start. Perhaps I'm just optimistic.
il_martello_di_genovesi

Postby turkisHammer on Mon May 22, 2017 1:00 pm

Mayday wrote:When they took over they had a five year plan to reach Champions league

I remembered this was like yesterday.Actually almost every new owner do the same to pump in some excitement.Pathetic...
turkisHammer

Postby DaveWHU1964 on Mon May 22, 2017 1:07 pm

Sherriff - great posts :thup:
DaveWHU1964

Postby Simply Moore on Mon May 22, 2017 1:22 pm

hammerleroy wrote:Thankyou Mr Sheriff, you have summed up why at 71 years of age I decided that the final game at the Boleyn was my final live game. I walked up Green Street towards the tube station, had one final look back and decided for me that was it. And events this season just convince me that I made the correct decision. Sorry but IMO we are not West Ham United anymore and I fully expect some rich foreigner to take over from the Gullivans sooner rather than later. The next level, don't make me laugh! :(

It's sad but very true. There was something about this post which struck a chord with me. Maybe you mentioning your age and indeed walking down Green Street and having one final look back. Reminded me of going to football as a kid with my grandad (god rest his soul), holding his hand as we walked to the ground, getting butterflies in my stomach and that excitement of getting to the ground and roaring your team on. Football back then wasn't as quick or as flashy or certainly as commercial but it was ours, it was a part of our culture, every day life, family. Since maybe the sky money, its slowly moved away from that ideal and what we are now left with is a huge commercial money making machine and just another source of entertainment, you pays your money you demand a certain level of entertainment.

I bought a season ticket this season but I don't think I'll renew. It's just not the same anymore, the romance of the game for me, all that it used to mean has slowly died and whilst I was looking forward to the new stadium, I have to hold my hands up and admit I was wrong.

I don't think Gold and Sullivan are to blame entirely although they've certainly contributed, I think football in general now is souless and just a huge commercial money making machine with us "supporters" mere passengers along for the ride.
Simply Moore

Postby Mr.Jolly on Mon May 22, 2017 6:06 pm

My son likes going over now and then and will probably go more the older he gets, he's 8. Football has completely changed since i started going over West Ham in the 80's or my dad did in the 50's. Everyone seems to speak from the perspective of them 'owning' the club with it being 'my club' and 'our club'. It certainly isn't 'our' club and hasn't been for as long as i can remember. We've always had owners we moan about and do whatever they want no matter what the fans do or say. Now we can moan online it seems the vitriol is all the more venomous and personal. Some of the things people say on here about what these people have done to 'their' club is in a similar context to them having killed a family member. There's plenty to moan about the current owners but i'm going to still keep going over with my son because he will grow up supporting West Ham and what they are now and whatever they evolve into most probably. They are what they used to be, what they are and what they will be! People may not like that but things go on and change and most people hate change and that's where the moaning gets really going. I remember my Dad telling me this when i was a kid, people always say how great it was blah blah, leave your back door open etc. he then went on to tell me his dad used to have to sit awake all night cos if he didn't you'd get the coal nicked out of your shed. GS&B didn't come in with pitchforks and plan on ripping the heart out of West Ham United and sitting back laughing like a mad trio of murderers. Every team in the league wants to get to the 'next level' and they genuinely believe it, like i think GS&B do their own bull****. Hopefully they are realising that certain behaviour and bull**** alienates their customer base of which we all are. I love West Ham just like my dad does and his dad did and my son does. If they love the club, they want it to be successful, if they don't and just want to make money, the best way to do that would be to make it as successful as they can. I don't think they came in to personally crucify every paying customer/fan no matter what their long term intentions!
Mr.Jolly

Postby Sir Trevor the Brewking on Tue May 23, 2017 11:31 am

Put the 35,000+ die-hard Hammers who were at our last game at the Boleyn in the position of owning the club - how many of those would have made the decision to sell and demolish our home of 112 years, with all its memories and traditions, and move to what will never be a football stadium?

I believe the answer is 3 (three).

There was never a compelling reason to move - there still isn't. It was a move borne from opportunism and greed and history will show it to be so long after these people have left.

You don't own a football club, you merely steward it for the next generation. What these people have done is steal from future generations what we were lucky enough to know, to line their own pockets.

I want them gone.
Sir Trevor the Brewking

Previous

Return to General Discussion