Hammers On Loan 2017/18

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Hammers On Loan 2017/18

Postby sanchoz on Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:03 pm

"Opposition View":

Quincy 2.0 wrote:Great first half at 6, Max already knows why he wants to buy the Reece.

TMVelpke wrote:Very good first half.

Became unsafe with decreasing power.

But overall a good performance.

Nothern_Alex wrote:Next to Cuisance the winner of the game.

GW1900 wrote:After the foul of Ekdal I feared bad ... Thank God nothing happened.

Very strong game, considering that it is only the second correct Bundesliga game for him. And that at the age of 18. Hopefully he will still get chances to prove himself.

Definitely an alternative on the 6th.

Zisel wrote:I would not have credited Oxford with this exceptionally good performance at 6.

SVBorussia wrote:For his second appearance really strong

ThomasDH wrote:2.3 minor mistakes in this .... given ... beyond that greatly improved. I really liked it today. This is again what he has already shown in the test matches. Please sign up during the winter break.

AlanS wrote:That was really very similar, like Zak! Still some inexperience mistakes, but very good overall! Taken out at the right time because his mistakes piled up.
I think he is very strong on the ball or in the passing game!

Lupos wrote:I liked it very much today.
After the last game I had criticized him, I think not quite wrong, but today you can really find only words of praise. If, after today's snapshot, you set the transfer fee, it would be a very expensive transfer for us.

3Dcad wrote:Great performance, Hecking was happy as a snow king about his performance

örnmonäh wrote:He is a teenager. Not from the statue.
So! And now aggressive - with plain text announcement - asked:
B-Youth to A-Youth to First Team ...
Who of you has really taken part? It always took me a year to get to the level.
What this baby played today .... friends ..... this duel hardness, inauguration speed, long legs, head strength .... with 25 and
200 games in the back?
Such a comeback after such an Ekdal slaughter?
Thank you very much, Mr. Oxford!

BMG1994 wrote:In addition, he is actually the center-back. He seemed to me very ball safe and you always had the feeling that he knows what he is doing right now.
I really liked his performance!

rifi wrote:Just when you consider that he, together with the also very young Cuisance, who also thinks very offensively, the headquarters occupied, I found that very mature and safe. Since I do not pick out any single scenes in which not everything was optimal - for me in total a very convincing performance.

nicklos wrote:Let's hope West Ham does not bring him back in the winter ...

where we would be with the coach. Here and there ten minutes to get to the necessary missions were indeed possible.

doldrums wrote:What they did there in the central office, that was worthy of all honor! That they do not yet determine the stroke rate, that should be clear to everyone, right? But Reece is rock hard, that's for sure. The good complement to the artist next to him!

Butsche wrote:It was a pleasure to watch him. I can not remember seeing a better six at Borussia in the last 30 years.
That was world class yesterday!

ThomasDH wrote:For the purchase price we would rather not let him play. At least not like that! We have to blame Hecking and Eber for that.

Seriously. His potential was known, the loan was very cheap and if only for a year, the risk was small and the chance that he can help us was there. The now possibly a purchase option, no one could guess. This is due to the current circumstances at West Ham. I think that works only when the ink has dried. But it would be a number that I would like.

Against Freiburg it was still a bit mixed and I have missed the sovereignty of the test matches. On the whole the performance was ok. Especially for the first use with the associated nervousness. Yesterday he was really strong. Hecking has taken a big risk with the double six and the two guys have absolutely rewarded that.

And apart from everything: Happy Birthday, Reece! Thank you for being with us!

Quanah Parker wrote:That was a really good game.
The young man has it. Please add it to the shopping cart. Thank you

GW1900 wrote:Do not know if someone has already posted it:

36 passes played, 35 of them arrived In
addition 3rd in the won two combats (15) and 3rd in the running distance.

Ruhrgas wrote:I trust our Max a lot, but not that we bind Oxford. A swallow does not make spring. And if he is consistently as good as he is against HSV, we can do that, West Ham will veto it.

Heidenheimer wrote:Well, there was a change of coach at West Ham. Which is often forgotten that the Premier League in England takes a very different position than ours. The clubs have the money to stock up on both finished and young players.
Oxford has not yet * worked * to be considered indispensable and wants to sell seriously, Gladbach has already called according to the sports gazette already an amount.
Oxford itself would rather stay what amazes me the most. The boy weighs himself so surely his own chances to play at best. It may be that he sees the bigger chance with us (Bundesliga far). The offer (DE) with us to 2-3 exceptions but rather modest on these positions.
To this assessment, I also come when I see how Turkish, Greek and French 20 year olds relatively easy to come to a regular place at a Bundesliga club.
Who does he have with us * * 2 Although rock solid but rather * hip stiff * defender. The one more * fighter in front of the gentleman * the other with a good duel behavior but both pretty * unresponsive *. Actually only Elvedi before he * fear * would have to be on an IV position.
We stick * Fohlenelf * on the flag but no one is injured we belong with age * experience * while we really have some young players around us the whole Bundesliga envied.
Sure they make mistakes where you think: * Man, that should not be now * but according to their performances until now and there Oxford belongs to this we still win clearly in playing strength.

http://forum.borussia.de/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=56991
sanchoz

Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch

Postby LeonRivers on Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:19 am

Reece Oxford

Reece played 76 minutes in central midfield as Gladbach lost 0-1 at home to Leverkusen in the DFB Cup Quarter Final.

Next match: Sun 14th January vs Cologne (h)

Reece Burke

unused sub

Next match: Tues 26th December vs Middlesbrough (a)

Josh Cullen

unused sub

Next match: Tues 26th December vs Middlesbrough (a)

Robert Snodgrass

Rob played 59 minutes as Villa drew 2-2 at home to Sheffield United. He assisted Villa's second with a free kick.

MATCH REPORT:
"And things got even better for Steve Bruce's side as Mile Jedinak powered home Robert Snodgrass' wicked free-kick delivery for his first goal in claret and blue."

LIVE TEXT:

9' Snodgrass’ brilliant free-kick from out wide is met by Mile Jedinak with a bullet header. Villa are on fire and two-nil up inside nine minutes.
35' A fabulous turn by Grealish on the edge of the area sees him tripped. This looks a great chance for Robert Snodgrass’ left foot...
35' Snodgrass smashes it against the wall and Davis fouls his marker as he waited for the ball to drop in the area. Villa should have done better there.
59' Snodgrass makes way for Ritchie De Laet in Villa’s first change of the evening.

Next match: Tues 26th December vs Brentford (a)
Last edited by LeonRivers on Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LeonRivers

Postby thejackhammer on Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:04 pm

Anyone else think we could do with Snodgrass, Oxford and Burke in our squad now?
thejackhammer

Postby Jumby on Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:27 pm

Oxford couldn't do any worse than either of those clowns in central midfield yesterday. Burke looked decent for us, I'm really not sure what happened there, and Snodgrass? He can f**k off, he's a lazy peice of snail paced s**t playing well at his level.
Jumby

Postby Sir_Trevor on Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:42 pm

LeonRivers wrote:Reece Oxford

Reece played 76 minutes in central midfield as Gladbach lost 0-1 at home to Leverkusen in the DFB Cup Quarter Final.

Next match: Sun 14th January vs Cardiff (h)

Is this correct? Are they playing Cardiff? Is it a mid-season friendly?
Sir_Trevor

Postby LeonRivers on Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:11 pm

:lol: No they're not! They're playing Cologne. I'll edit.
LeonRivers

Postby LeonRivers on Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:21 pm

Reece Burke

unused sub

Next match: Sat 30th December vs Sheffield Utd (a)

Josh Cullen

unused sub

Next match: Sat 30th December vs Sheffield Utd (a)

Robert Snodgrass

Rob played as Villa lost 2-1 at Brentford

MATCH REPORT:
"Villa levelled with a neatly crafted goal of their own. Jedinak found Snodgrass before Hogan crossed for Onomah to head home."

LIVE TEXT:

7' Snodgrass hammers the free-kick against the wall and Brentford clear. That’s a disappointing effort from the Scot, who usually provides more threat from set-pieces.
41' Hutton latches onto a smart pass from Elphick and is brought down by Barbet, who becomes the second Bees player to be booked. Snodgrass’ delivery is cleared.
51' Snodgrass’ shot from distance is easily saved by Bentley before Onomah fires horribly wide with the rebound. Both teams attacking at the beginning of this half.
65' Grealish’s latest involvement sees him win a free-kick on the edge of the box... Snodgrass’ free-kick is deflected behind.

Next match: Sat 30th December vs Middlesbrough (a)
LeonRivers

Postby Jumby on Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:52 am

No point having Burke and Cullen at Bolton, it's becoming a waste of time, get them out of there.
Jumby

Postby ironilunga on Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:14 am

Jumby wrote:He can f**k off, he's a lazy peice of snail paced s**t playing well at his level.

Personally I cant think of a player in our recent history who has had more of a raw deal than Snodgrass. A proven premier league performer who was signed for West Ham at a time when the wheels were slowly coming off for a manager whose tactical naivety was slowly being exposed.

I maintain we never got to see the real player we signed due to the way he was employed, the gradual implosion of the squad and a manager all at sea.

When did we as fans start to write players off so quickly? There are players that simply need a bit of time to bed in and adapt to a new club (eg Winston Reid - currently in his 7th season for the club).

Snodgrass could not have signed at a worse time and after being poorly managed was jettisoned after 4 months. How long did Modibo Maiga get FFS.
ironilunga

Postby LeonRivers on Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:35 pm

Oxford to return from Monchengladbach loan

Reece Oxford is to return from his loan spell with German Bundesliga side Borussia Monchengladbach, manager David Moyes confirmed in his Friday press conference.

Oxford spent the first half of the season in Germany, featuring in three top flight and one German Cup matches during his loan spell.

The 19-year-old became the Hammers' youngest-ever player when he made his debut aged just 16 in a UEFA Europa League tie against Andorran side Lusitans in July 2015.

He has gone on to make 14 senior appearances to date in Claret and Blue and Moyes is looking forward to working with the England U20 international.

"Reece Oxford will come back. We will take a look at him and see how he is," the manager confirmed.

"I hope we can help improve him - I've only just met him, but I know he is well thought of here and we will work with him."

Read more: http://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2017 ... U29DDEy.99
LeonRivers

Postby prophet:marginal on Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:50 pm

Cullen and Burke started for Bolton today.

They are minutes away from a tasty three points at our old friends', The Blunts.

Well in, lads.
prophet:marginal

Postby bobd_uk on Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:34 pm

prophet:marginal wrote:Cullen and Burke started for Bolton today.

They are minutes away from a tasty three points at our old friends', The Blunts.

Well in, lads.

Heard talk of us recalling them in Jan. However, Burke starts again today with Cullen on the bench.
bobd_uk

Postby Jumby on Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:51 am

If Burke and Cullen are getting games, and Bolton are getting results, leave them be until the end of the season, if Bolton stay up and they play their part it will be a valuable experience for them.
Jumby

Postby sanchoz on Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:11 am

MARC ILES' BIG MATCH VERDICT: Wanderers 1 Hull City 0

Pratley’s injury appears to be more severe, and the skipper left the Macron wearing a protective boot on the same ankle he broke last season. For both of Parkinson’s so-called enforcers to be removed from the equation left you fearful of what might be in store, but thankfully Josh Cullen and Filipe Morais hardly missed a beat from their enterprising performance at the weekend.

Cullen and Reece Burke – who retained his place ahead of David Wheater – were theoretically playing their last game before returning to West Ham, yet both have shown in the last two games why they do have a future at the Macron.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... ll_City_0/

sanchoz

Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch

Postby LeonRivers on Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:07 pm

Reece Burke

Reece played as Bolton won 1-0 at promotion chasing Sheffield United on Dec 30th.

Next match: Sat 6th January vs Huddersfield (h) - FA Cup 3rd Round

Josh Cullen

Josh played 82 minutes as Bolton won 1-0 at promotion chasing Sheffield United.

LIVE TEXT:

82' Final change of the afternoon as Josh Vela replaces the very impressive Josh Cullen.

He was then introduced as an early sub, playing 77 minutes in a 1-0 home win over Hull City.

LIVE TEXT:

13' Early enforced substitution for Wanderers as Josh Cullen replaces the injured Karl Henry
17' First opportunity for Wanderers as Josh Cullen finds Gary Madine, under pressure, he has his shot blocked from close range.

Next match: Sat 6th January vs Huddersfield (h) - FA Cup 3rd Round

Robert Snodgrass

Rob scored the only goal of the game as Villa won 1-0 at Middlesbrough.

MATCH REPORT:
"After an uneventful first half, Jack Grealish and Robert Snodgrass had efforts saved, while Jonny Howson and Patrick Bamford went close for Boro. Villa took the lead when Snodgrass headed in from Albert Adomah's cross."

LIVE TEXT:

7' Villa’s first attack sees Onomah, Snodgrass and Hourihane work the ball nicely in midfield before Elmohamady’s deep cross is headed down by Adomah at the far post - no Villa player within range, though.
16' Snodgrass’ free-kick takes a small deflection off the wall but is easily caught by Randolph. Much better than his two efforts against Brentford.
55' Leadbitter brings down Snodgrass on the halfway line for a free-kick. Pulis is furious about the decision. Leadbitter has been booked...
57' Hourihane has now taken over free-kick duties from Snodgrass. His first delivery is ****ed just over the bar by Chester.
65' Villa worked that corner beautifully. Hourihane played it short to Grealish and he found Snodgrass on the edge but the winger’s shot was easily held.
67' Friend becomes the second Boro player to be booked for a challenge on Snodgrass.
75' Adomah runs down the left and teases a ball to the far post where Snodgrass is free and heads home. A huge goal for Villa and Steve Bruce.
FT: Robert Snodgrass seals a big win for Villa at The Riverside.

He then scored twice in a 5-0 rout of Bristol City.

MATCH REPORT:
"Scott Hogan netted a superb looping header and, although Luke Steele denied him an almost identical second, Robert Snodgrass tapped in the rebound."

LIVE TEXT:

16' Villa are looking very slow and laboured in these opening stages. Adomah and Snodgrass have only had a handful of touches between them and Hogan looks lost and isolated up top. City, meanwhile, look purposeful when they attack.
34' A brilliant team goal from Villa to double their lead. Excellent work for Chester to keep the ball in play and set up Adomah down the left. The winger crosses into the box for Hogan who plants another header towards the bottom corner, but somehow Steele manages to keep it out with a stunning save. Snodgrass is quick to react, though, and he adjusts himself to steer home.
45+1' Another well-worked move from Villa sees Adomah cross into the box. Snodgrass has sneaked in front of Magnusson but he can’t keep his header down and it flies over. Villa in complete control now.
50' And at the other end Snodgrass fires over from just outside the box as Villa catch City on the counter-attack.
60' Game. Set. Match. Snodgrass makes it 3-0 after a stunning run from Grealish set him up. The No.10 ran from the half-way line with the ball before finding Snodgrass down the left and he curled home into the bottom corner.
89' Snodgrass goes close to adding a sixth but his effort is deflected wide. Villa really enjoying themselves as three minutes of stoppage time is added on.
90' Again Snodgrass has another effort from the resulting corner but he fires over.

Next match: Sat 6th January vs Peterborough (h) - FA Cup 3rd Round
LeonRivers

Postby thejackhammer on Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:13 pm

Good to see Cullen and Burke proving their worth, hopefully they can be integrated into our squad eventually.
thejackhammer

Postby LeonRivers on Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:34 pm

Robert Snodgrass

Rob was man-of-the-match as Villa won 1-0 at Nottingham Forest, assisting the goal with a cross.

MATCH REPORT:
"Scott Hogan stooped to nod in a Robert Snodgrass cross after 18 minutes. The quality of Snodgrass' deliveries from wide positions was outstanding throughout, with his curling right-wing cross converted by Hogan for the striker's second goal in two league games. Man-of-the-match Snodgrass also provided the centre for Terry's chance and tested Forest goalkeeper Jordan Smith with a powerful free-kick just after half-time."

LIVE TEXT:

17' 1-0 (Hogan, 17) Villa take the lead. And it’s Hogan. With his head. Again! Snodgrass whips a fine delivery into the box and the striker gets on the end of it to divert it in.
24' Snodgrass whips in a fine delivery for Terry but his header crashes off the bar and Forest somehow scramble it away
38' Okay so Villa are ahead and there’s not too much to complain about. But some of their passing today has been so bad. Hutton, Adomah, and now Snodgrass all guilty of sending easy passes astray.
47' Snodgrass sends a free-kick towards the top corner but Smith bats it away. Villa almost doubled their lead.

Next match: Sat 20th January vs Barnsley (h)
LeonRivers

Postby LeonRivers on Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:17 pm

Martin Samuelsen joins Burton Albion on loan

West Ham attacking midfielder Martin Samuelsen has completed a move to Championship strugglers Burton Albion on loan until the end of the season, the club have confirmed.

The 20-year-old joined the Hammers on a free transfer from Manchester City in the summer of 2015 but has made just two appearances for the senior side despite being a standout for the U23s in recent seasons. Samuelsen has two unsuccessful loan spells with Blackburn and Peterborough last season but has caught the eye of Nigel Clough at Burton who is eager to take the young winger on loan.

An unused sub in the FA Cup third round tie at Shrewsbury, Samuelsen has impressed Moyes in training but it’s been decided that a loan move would be best for him at this stage. The club recently tied the Norway U21 international to a new contract at the club which runs until 2020 and clearly have high hopes for his future.

Full Story Here: http://readwestham.com/2018/01/17/marti ... n-on-loan/
LeonRivers

Postby Loftyhammer on Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:37 pm

I can see he started, and got booked....and Burton got walloped....but anyone know anything more about young Martin's performance?
Loftyhammer

Postby LeonRivers on Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:54 am

Robert Snodgrass

Rob played as Villa beat Barnsley 3-1, assisting the second goal with a corner.

MATCH REPORT:
"Scott Hogan claimed his fourth goal in three games two minutes later as he headed in from Robert Snodgrass' corner."

LIVE TEXT:

6' Hogan has scored again! Snodgrass’ corner meets the striker’s head and he now has four in his last three matches! ‘Scotty Hogan du du du du’ rings around Villa Park! The £12m man has finally arrived!
26' Chester is the latest to try his luck for Villa. The centre-back can’t make a clean enough contact on Snodgrass’ free-kick to make it 4-1, though. Villa are playing some excellent football.
29' A long passage of Villa possession comes to an end as Snodgrass sees his effort saved by Davies. The Scot and Elmohamady are causing Barnsley all sorts of problems down the right, as are Adomah and Hutton down the left.
62' Villa break with Hogan, Snodgrass, Grealish and Hourihane, who fires wide at the end of a neat move. Villa look a threat every time they go forward. The shackles are well and truly off!
85' Pinnock is booked for bringing down Grealish on the edge of the box. Snodgrass fires the free-kick straight at Davies.

Next match: Tues 30th January vs Sheffield United (a)

Martin Samuelsen

Martin made his debut, playing 78 minutes as Burton were crushed 6-0 at Fulham.

LIVE TEXT:

0: Nigel Clough: "He’ll be straight into the squad - he’ll take Will Miller’s place in the squad. That’s what we’ve brought him in for, to be involved."
7: Akins and Samuelsen combine but Akins’ long diagonal ball forward can’t reach Sordell and ends up in the hands of Bettinelli.
10: Samuelsen does well to harry Fulham's defense. Naylor reaches the loose ball and crosses in, but Sordell can’t connect properly.
11: Samuelsen floats a corner in. Kyle McFadzean gets up and heads to the back post, but Bettinelli claims once again.
15: Tricky Samuelsen lays it off to Akins with the instep of his foot and Akins’ shot from distance is blocked.
61: Chance! Samuelsen finds Flanagan at the back post, but he blazes over on the volley...
75: Now Samuelsen goes into the book for a challenge on Kevin McDonald.
78: Samuelsen is replaced by Sbarra. Not a bad debut for the winger.

Next match: Tues 30th January vs Reading (h)
LeonRivers

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion