Hammers On Loan 2017/18

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Hammers On Loan 2017/18

Postby Cockneyboy311 on Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:53 pm

Good work Leon. I enjoy coming into this thread and see how the loans are doing :thup:
Cockneyboy311

Postby LeonRivers on Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:02 pm

Weekend Fixtures:

Reece Oxford

injured

Next match: Sat 14th April vs Bayern Munich (a)

Reece Burke

Reece was substituted at half-time (with the score already 2-0) as Bolton lost 3-0 at Derby.

LIVE TEXT:

4' Great save from Ben Alnwick to deny David Nugent with his legs in a two-on-one scenario following a swift Derby counter-attack. Matej Vydra heads the rebound wide under pressure from Reece Burke.
46' Double substitution for Wanderers at the break as Sammy Ameobi and Craig Noone come on in place of Aaron Wilbraham and Reece Burke.

Next match: Tues 10th April vs Millwall (h)

Robert Snodgrass

Rob played 55 minutes, subbed as Villa went 2-0 down in an eventual 3-1 defeat at mid-table Norwich to all but end their hopes of automatic promotion.

LIVE TEXT:

13' Another chance almost falls for Hogan as Snodgrass crosses into the box. This time it’s Pinto who clears. Norwich defending resolutely.
55' Double change. Grabban and Kodjia replace Snodgrass and Adomah.

Next match: Tues 10th April vs Cardiff (h)

Martin Samuelsen

unused sub

Next match: Tues 10th April vs Hull (h)

Moses Makasi

Moses played 82 minutes as Plymouth beat nine-man Peterborough 2-1.

LIVE TEXT:

31' Chance. Ball is worked wide to G, who picks out Moses' perfect run. Less said about the shot that followed, the better.
82' Derek sends on the cavalry, Moses trots off and Grant is on.

Next match: Sat 14th April vs Portsmouth (h)

Toni Martinez

Toni played 2 minutes as Valladolid lost 1-0 at Gimnastic.

Next match: Sun 15th April vs Sporting Gijon (h)
LeonRivers

Postby Jumby on Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:11 pm

Leon Rivers wrote:
Toni Martinez

Toni played 2 minutes as Valladolid lost 1-0 at Gimnastic.

Next match: Sun 15th April vs Sporting Gijon (h)

Not going to plan, this one.
Jumby

Postby LeonRivers on Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:33 pm

Weekend Fixtures:

Reece Oxford

injured

Next match: Fri 20th April vs Wolfsburg (h)

Reece Burke

Reece was an unused sub as Bolton lost 0-2 at home to Millwall. He was then again substituted at half-time as Bolton drew 2-2 at Barnsley.

Next match: Sat 21st April vs Wolves (h)

Robert Snodgrass

Rob played as Villa beat Cardiff 1-0. He was cautioned at the end of the first half for a foul.

LIVE TEXT:

34' A deep corner from Snodgrass finds Adomah at the far post and, at the second attempt, the winger fires it goalwards but it creeps wide.
45+2' A corner breaks clear and Snodgrass races back to try and prevent Hoilett whipping a second ball in and fouls him. Snodgrass goes into the book.
46' Back underway at Villa Park and Villa immediately see decent claims for a free-kick/penalty turned down by Jeremy Simpson. Snodgrass was on the edge of the box and appeared to be hauled down but Simpson wasn’t having it.

Rob then played as Villa won 1-0 at home to Leeds to secure a playoff place.

LIVE TEXT:

12' Great defending from Leeds as they cut out Snodgrass’ ball into the box. Grabban was lurking and waiting for a tap-in but Pennington cleared. Villa looking dangerous when they attack.
16' Snodgrass opens up and tries to bend his shot into the bottom corner but Peacock-Farrell palms it away.
20' Dangerous free-kick. Villa have a great chance to test the keeper now as Hernandez trips Snodgrass on the edge of the area. Good chance for the winger to try and bend one in from the right.
21' Sorry for the hype. Snodgrass hits it low and hard but into the wall. On we go...
54' Snodgrass does exactly the same as he did with the free-kick in the first half. Straight into the wall. What a waste.
72' Snodgrass goes down in the box under a heavy challenge and appeals for a penalty. The Holte End want one, too, as does Bruce on the sidelines. But referee Tony Harrington is again having none of it.

Next match: Sat 21st April vs Ipswich (a)

Martin Samuelsen

With his side already 0-2 down, Martin was introduced as a 40th minute substitute in Burtons 5-0 thumping at home to Hull.

LIVE TEXT:

39. Lloyd Dyer has limped off and is being replaced by Martin Samuelsen.

He was then an unused sub at the weekend.

Next match: Sat 21st 10th April vs Sunderland (a)

Moses Makasi

Moses played as Plymouth drew 1-1 with fellow playoff hopefuls Portsmouth.

Next match: Sat 21st April vs Northampton (a)

Toni Martinez

Toni played 14 minutes as Valladolid lost 1-0 at home to Gijon, collecting his caution in the final minute of the match.

Next match: Fri 20th April vs Real Oviedo (a)
LeonRivers

Postby LeonRivers on Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:14 pm

Makasi's loan spell ended as he undergoes knee surgery

Moses Makasi’s successful loan spell at League One promotion-chasers Plymouth Argyle came to an end last week, when he returned to West Ham to undergo surgery to his right knee.

The midfielder made seven appearances for the Pilgrims, helping Derek Adams’ side climb into the Play-Off places. However, defeat at Northampton Town on Saturday means they now sit three points behind sixth-place Scunthorpe United, albeit with a game in hand on the Lincolnshire club.

Read more at http://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2018 ... 6feuwZ6.99
LeonRivers

Postby LeonRivers on Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:25 pm

Weekend Fixtures:

Reece Oxford

injured

Next match: Sat 28th April vs Schalke (a)

Reece Burke

unused sub

Next match: Sat 28th April vs Burton (a)

Robert Snodgrass

unused sub

Next match: Sat 28th April vs Derby (h)

Martin Samuelsen

unused sub

Next match: Sat 28th April vs Bolton (h)

Toni Martinez

not in squad

Next match: Sat 28th April vs Cadiz (h)
LeonRivers

Postby Cuenca 'ammer on Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:28 pm

so this loan malarkey seems to be working out well..

all either unused sub or not in squad........

would be better here, training with the first team and getting games in the u-23's, even though the level might not be great, it's better than not playing at all...

I do get it that if they're not good enough, but hell's bells, how can one keep an eye on player's development if they don't get playing time.......
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado

Postby LeonRivers on Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:24 pm

Weekend Fixtures:

Reece Oxford

injured

Next match: Sat 5th May vs Freiburg (h)

Reece Burke

not in squad

Next match: Sun 6th May vs Nott'm Forest (h)

Robert Snodgrass

Rob played as Villa drew 1-1 with Derby to guarantee a 4th place finish.

LIVE TEXT:

62' So frustrating from a Villa point of view as the forward three keep getting caught offside. Grabban is the chief contributor, but Adomah and Snodgrass have also been caught out, too. They just need to hold their runs ever-so-slightly.
81' Villa then race up the other end and Kodjia strikes the crossbar with an effort from Snodgrass’ cross.
85' Snodgrass crosses to the back post and Hutton rises but he can’t direct his effort on target.

Next match: Sun 6th May vs Millwall (a)

Martin Samuelsen

unused sub

Next match: Sun 6th May vs Preston (s)

Toni Martinez

Toni returned to the starting line-up, scoring the game's opening goal - his first for Valladolid - in a 1-1 draw with Cadiz. He was substituted at 66 minutes.

LIVE [translated!] TEXT:

1' Toni Martinez sneaks into the area and ends with left-handed to catch Alberto Cifuentes!
9' Goal chance for Toni Martínez who stops Cifuentes! Valladolid asked for a penalty for Servando's downing but the referee saw clearly that Toni Martínez was very close to the ball!
32' Toni Martínez shoots to bounce in Marco Mauro and the ball goes to corner !! He looks for it more Valladolid!
58' Great triangulation between Villa, Nacho and Toni Martínez in the area that after the pass from the back side ends the pucelano forward that overtakes his team!
64' Toni Martínez leaves and Chris Ramos enters in his place . Second change of Valladolid.

Next match: Sat 5th May vs Numancia (a)
LeonRivers

Postby prophet:marginal on Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:33 pm

My word, is Alan Hutton set for a return to the Prem?
prophet:marginal

Postby LeonRivers on Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:36 am

prophet:marginal wrote:My word, is Alan Hutton set for a return to the Prem?

:lol: He’s out of contract and leaving Villa at the end of the season, I believe.
LeonRivers

Postby spod on Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:32 am

LeonRivers wrote:when all at once he saw Wordsworth, who fouled him. The referee shows a daffodil-like yellow card.

That's a cut above the usual text update. Quite romantic.
spod

Postby Hamburger on Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:57 am

So you’re a Norwegian International and are thrown in a team of donkeys in dismal Burton with crap coaching, living in a pokey flat and you’re supposed to rise to the occasion and show how good you are? Frankly loaning ruins more players than it makes. To say if you can’t make it in a lower league you can’t do it in the PL is simply not always true. That assumes a player is individually talented but many are team players and could play better with a better team but rarely get a decent chance other than the odd 5 minute sub if they’re lucky. Then the frustration sets in and the confidence goes. End of career. A harsh world but that’s the way it is in England, our development of talent and coaching in general is appalling. Is it any wonder that we are ranked 13th in the world behind the likes of Portugal, Switzerland, Chile, Peru, Denmark, Poland and only just in front of Tunisia?
Hamburger

Postby LeonRivers on Mon May 07, 2018 11:18 am

Weekend Fixtures:

Reece Oxford

Reece returned from injury to play 21 minutes as a sub as Gladbach beat Freiburg 3-1.

Next match: Sat 12th May vs Hamburg (a)

Reece Burke

unused sub

loan expired

Robert Snodgrass

Rob played 15 minutes as a much-changed Villa lost 1-0 at Millwall.

LIVE TEXT:

75' Grabban, Snodgrass and Grealish are all introduced. About time because Villa are lacking up top. Badly. Off go Adomah, Kodjia and Hogan. All three have been poor today.
83' Brilliant move from Villa started and almost finished by Grealish. Snodgrass played in Bree down the right, he crossed for Grealish who looked certain to score but Ferguson blocked it and Millwall survive.
FT: Snodgrass (for Hogan, 75), 6.5, Tried to get at the defence but didn’t see much of the ball.

Next match: Sat 12th May vs Middlesbrough (a) - Playoff Semi-Final 1st Leg

Martin Samuelsen

unused sub

loan exired

Toni Martinez

unused sub

Next match: Sat 12th May vs Albacete (h)
LeonRivers

Postby prophet:marginal on Mon May 07, 2018 3:21 pm

If Burke's loan has expired, could we give him some time on the pitch in our last two matches?
prophet:marginal

Postby only1post on Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:10 am

Good luck tonight Toni.
only1post

Postby Sir_Trevor on Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:26 pm

only1post wrote:Good luck tonight Toni.

I see that Martinez' Valladolid won tonight's (away) first leg 0-3, so look like a good bet for promotion. Toni didn't get on, though.
Sir_Trevor

Postby LeonRivers on Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:34 am

Late Season Fixtures:

Reece Oxford

not in squad

Loan Expired

Robert Snodgrass

Rob played every minute of Villa's playoff matches. He struck the post in the first-leg 1-0 win at Middlesbrough ["Snodgrass opened up his body and curled an effort towards the bottom corner at the other end, Villa were almost home and dry. But Darren Randolph tipped his effort onto the post and the wonder save Kept the hosts in it"]. He was cautioned in both legs. He had a relatively anonymous final as Villa lost out on promotion with a 1-0 defeat to Fulham. Snodgrass is not expected to return to Villa.

Loan Expired

Toni Martinez

Valladolid have played 7 matches since the Championship ended! Toni was an unused sub in the 1st, made a 2 minute sub appearance in the second (a 5-1 away win), a 19 minute sub appearance in a 3-2 defeat at Zaragoza, unused sub in the 4th. The 5th match was the Playoff Semi-final first leg where he was also an unused sub, but he played the final 8 minutes in the 2-1 away victory in the second leg. He was an unused sub in the 3-0 playoff final first-leg win at Numancia.

Next match: Sat 16th June vs Numancia (h) - Playoff Final Second Leg
Last edited by LeonRivers on Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
LeonRivers

Postby LeonRivers on Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:45 am

West Ham youngster Martinez eager to fire Valladolid to promotion

West Ham United’s season may have ended a month ago and the FIFA World Cup is less than 24 hours away, but Toni Martinez still has a big job to do.

The Hammers youngster has spent the second half of the 2017/18 season on loan at Spanish Segunda Division side Real Valladolid, helping Los Blanquivioletas finish fifth and win through to a two-legged Play-Off final showdown with Numancia for a place in La Liga.

The first leg will be played at Numancia’s Nuevo Estadio Los Pajaritos on Wednesday evening, with the return set to take place in front of a capacity 26,500 crowd at Valladolid’s Estadio Jose Zorrilla on Saturday night.

Martinez, who has made eleven appearances for Valladolid, would love to end his loan spell by firing the Castilian club back to the top flight after a four-year absence.

“I am very exciting about being in the Play-Off final,” the 20-year-old told whufc.com. “That was our goal when West Ham and me decided that I should come to Valladolid. It's a very important match, one of the most important, if not the most, in my short career. Promotion to La Liga will be a dream come true for me and for Real Valladolid. This club deserves to be back in La Liga. When you become professional player you always want to play games like this one against Numancia. I am only focused on Wednesday's match, and then I will be focused on Saturday’s game in front of our supporters.”

With Valladolid playing with just one central striker in the Segunda Division’s leading scorer Jaime Mata, Martinez has found himself on the substitutes’ bench most weeks, but was handed a late cameo by manager Sergio Gonzalez in Sunday’s Play-Off semi-final second-leg win over Sporting Gijon. With confidence being shown in him, Martinez wants to repay that faith in the final, should he be handed another opportunity.

“I feel confident to play if the manager considers it as he did in our last game. I'm always ready to help the team whenever they need me. We are a strong team with many good players, this is our biggest strength.”

Whatever happens against Numancia, who finished one place below Valladolid in sixth in the Segunda Division table before defeating third-placed Real Zaragoza in the Play-Off semi-finals, Martinez has taken much from his loan spell in his homeland.

“Personally it's being an excellent experience. I have had the chance to play in my country, and I'm living great experiences, like the Play-Offs, and I'm very excited about it. Professionally, I've grown as a player. Segunda Division is very competitive, one of the hardest leagues in the world, in which every team can win against any rival. If you win three matches in a row you find yourself fighting in the upper part of the table and if you lose three matches you are in the lower part. We just need to win two more now!”

Full Story: https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/201 ... 4PeUIMw.99
LeonRivers

Postby Bobby Moore Out on Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:05 pm

http://www.claretandhugh.info/boss-eyes ... ason-camp/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

According to Hugh, Pellegrini is about to run his eye over the first six of the youngsters below. I think we can all agree that, barring a disastrous season next year, Rice has made "the breakthrough", but which of the following do you see cementing a squad place and a future at West Ham this year?

Reece Oxford
Marcus Browne
Josh Pask
Nathan Holland
Martin Samuelsen
Toni Martinez

Also:
Reece Burke
Josh Cullen
Moses Masaki
Edimilson Fernandes (I know he's a squad member, but I still feel he needs to push on this season or be surplus to requirements)
Sead Haksabanovic
Domingos Quina

Anyone else for whom this is a make-or-break season?
Bobby Moore Out

Postby ageing hammer on Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:14 pm

I gave my neighbour mine last summer to nail felt on his shed and he still hasn't given it back.
ageing hammer

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion