Tv Fixtures - and other date and venue changes

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Fixtures - first three home games now all moved!

Postby sharphammer on Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:57 am

Newcastle away still on the saturday august bank holiday weekend....its not all bad :raver:
sharphammer

Postby bongo on Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:02 am

The Huddersfield game is the one that really gives me the hump it is bad enough that the first three are away but to then move the first home game to a Monday :thdn:

Also a bloody long way for Huddersfield fans on a Monday night!
bongo

Re: Fixture changes

Postby rare as rockinghorse shat on Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:09 am

sanchoz wrote:No thought at all for the Huddersfield fans with arranging a London away match on a Monday evening.

westham,eggyandchips wrote:Are you seriously bothered about Hudds fans travelling to London on a Monday night? :shock:

It absolutely matters.

In fact, this one small detail on this one Monday night is more important to me than who wins the entire league.
rare as rockinghorse shat

Postby HarlowEssexHammer on Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:31 am

Only the first two home games moved; Swansea on 30th Sept is staying as a Saturday 3 o'clock
HarlowEssexHammer

Postby E7Iron on Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:18 am

Absolute ball ache for the Huddersfield fans that. In the interest of the fans it should of been

Man Utd - Huddersfield
Everton - Huddersfield
Man City - Huddersfield
Liverpool - Huddersfield
Burnley - Huddersfield
Stoke - Huddersfield

West Ham - Chelsea
West Ham - Arsenal
West Ham - Palace
West Ham - Brighton
West Ham - Watford
West Ham - Tottenham

I really don't understand how an arrangement cannot be made so the fans are taken into consideration.
E7Iron

Postby westhamshares on Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:00 am

All fans particularly those who go to away games should be bothered about the total disregard for the travelling implications of night games

If we lived in a country with a proper public transport system it would be fine but we don't hence the reason why some clubs whom id rather not mention without swearing put on trains for their fans - our two bob owners make it clear repeatedly that they don't care about us

On an equally controversial but less emotive matter why are BT showing brighton and Stoke twice and West Ham not at all - is the same person who picks the order of games for the bbc now working for them :D
westhamshares

Postby Kialos on Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:25 am

westhamshares wrote:All fans particularly those who go to away games should be bothered about the total disregard for the travelling implications of night games

If we lived in a country with a proper public transport system it would be fine but we don't hence the reason why some clubs whom id rather not mention without swearing put on trains for their fans - our two bob owners make it clear repeatedly that they don't care about us

On an equally controversial but less emotive matter why are BT showing brighton and Stoke twice and West Ham not at all - is the same person who picks the order of games for the bbc now working for them :D

Well said to this and to the other posters on here supporting football's loyalist fans.
Kialos

Postby swisstony101 on Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:09 pm

Great another home game moved to a Monday night for the pleasure? of the TV viewers. Looks like my daughter is going to have to wait even longer for her first home game this season as getting back home at gone midnight on a school night is simply not justifiable for a 9 yr old. Hope the club will reduce its prices of an adult upgrade for her season ticket, like they did last year...Fuming
swisstony101

Postby Carlton'sGoal on Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:20 pm

The Huddersfield fans should be happy with what they've got. They're back in the promised land, travelling to a world class stadium, to watch world class footballers. If anything they should be thanking Sky for giving them the opportunity and the means to go and watch football by giving their club so much money.
Carlton'sGoal

Postby Kialos on Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:42 pm

sharphammer wrote:Newcastle away still on the saturday august bank holiday weekend....its not all bad :raver:

It is if you want to do the trip on the train. Tickets already £130 odd day return. Bank holiday weekend hasn't helped in that regard.
Kialos

Postby Alfiehammer on Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:24 pm

westhamshares wrote:All fans particularly those who go to away games should be bothered about the total disregard for the travelling implications of night games

Last year I was at Brighton vs Newcastle on a Tuesday night. Brighton are local, but I was almost glad the toon one for their fans which travelled a ridiculous journey for a Tuesday night game
Alfiehammer

Postby mjustincredible on Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:57 pm

bongo wrote:The Huddersfield game is the one that really gives me the hump it is bad enough that the first three are away but to then move the first home game to a Monday.

Amen to this. Always look forward to the 1st Home Saturday 3pm, thought waiting until September 9th was bad enough, then this FFS. Then the Tottenham game got moved to 12:30 to dilute the atmosphere. Got to wait until Saturday 30th September!!! Headbanger
mjustincredible

Postby sutts07 on Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:14 pm

HarlowEssexHammer wrote:Only the first two home games moved; Swansea on 30th Sept is staying as a Saturday 3 o'clock

Southampton @ home moved to an away game.
Huddersfield @ home moved to a Monday.
Spurs @ home moved to mid day.

It will be almost October before we have a 3pm home game (30th Sept).
sutts07

Latest Fixture Moves for TV - Oct/Nov - Two Fridays

Postby bubbles1966 on Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:40 am

Friday night football returns to London Stadium for the meeting with newly-promoted Brighton & Hove Albion on 20 October with an 8pm kick-off.

Slaven Bilic's men will host Liverpool at 5.30pm on Saturday 4 November*, before heading to Watford after the international break on Sunday 19 November at 4pm.

There is another home Friday night assignment for the Hammers when Leicester City visit east London on 24 November at 8pm.

Finally, the away game at Everton remains on Wednesday 29 November but will now kick-off at 8pm.

Read more at https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/201 ... PHqB63j.99
bubbles1966

Location: .......well.......since my baby left me, I found a new place to dwell...

Re: Latest Fixture Moves for TV - Oct/Nov - Two Fridays

Postby Slacking student on Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:42 am

Slacking student

Postby HammerMan2004 on Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:42 am

I make that three 3pm Saturday home games between now and Christmas day.

That's mental.
HammerMan2004

Postby Slacking student on Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:45 am

Until the 1st of January there is only 3 games at home that kick off at 3pm on a Saturday, Chelsea included so probably 2 in reality.

With 2 Friday night games and countless others midweek or late on a Saturday or Sunday. God I hate sky
Slacking student

Postby Slacking student on Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:45 am

HammerMan2004 wrote:I make that three 3pm Saturday home games between now and Christmas day.

That's mental.

Yep 3 with one being Chelsea so probably going to be moved in all likelyhood
Slacking student

Postby Estuary on Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:47 am

Slacking student wrote:Until the 1st of January there is only 3 games at home that kick off at 3pm on a Saturday, Chelsea included so probably 2 in reality.

With 2 Friday night games and countless others midweek or late on a Saturday or Sunday. God I hate sky

We're the audience to a TV show now.
Estuary

Postby HarlowEssexHammer on Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:51 am

£33 return to Burnley on 14/10 just booked; get on it early, Hammers
HarlowEssexHammer

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion