Tv Fixtures - and other date and venue changes

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Tv Fixtures - and other date and venue changes

Postby Johnny Byrne's Boots on Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:34 pm

:thup:
Johnny Byrne's Boots

Postby Pop Robson on Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:03 pm

Package E: Friday/Monday Max of 4

1 to go then
Pop Robson

Postby westhamshares on Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:57 pm

now that the "calm down" scallywags looking in their bins for something to eat are into the group stages of the chumps league does that mean our recently revised KO time for the liverscouse game will definitely change again or is it dependent on the draw ?

or is that now there thru' the date if confirrned ?
westhamshares

Postby preston on Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:05 pm

I've took it that now they are through the fixture is confirmed. I've booked my trains on that basis!
preston

Postby westhamshares on Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:17 am

see that we have a number of changes announced yesterday but cant see if details of these have been posted elsewhere

man city now sunday 3rd December at 4pm
chelscum home now 12,30
arsenal home now Wednesday 13th December at 8pm

seems like the whole of November and the start of December we are on tv for every game - 7 games on the front - have they got the "wrong" united :D
westhamshares

Postby westhamshares on Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:20 am

are the games on 30th December and 1st January nailed on at the dates and times currently scheduled ?

have Sky made their fixture announcements for the new year weekend games as I can only see fixtures until 28th December but BT have gone to 31st December.
westhamshares

Postby Big George on Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:15 am

The remaining broadcast selections and fixture amendments for December and January will be announced no later than 27 October.

Well it looks like that turned out to be b*llocks then
Last edited by Big George on Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Big George

Postby Cottee on Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:19 am

They've already announced the remaining live games for December.
Cottee

Postby westhamshares on Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:30 am

I'm not convinced that Sky have announced their fixtures for the new years weekend
westhamshares

Postby Big George on Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:33 am

Cottee wrote:They've already announced the remaining live games for December.

That quote "The remaining broadcast selections and fixture amendments for December" is taken from the PL website and tied in with what Scudamore told us when WHUISA went to the PL HQ.

Even at first glance you can see there are no Sky selections for 30/31
Big George

Postby westhamshares on Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:52 am

that is my point sky have no fixtures for that weekend by btsport do

the missus wants to book something for NYE and I need to know where I need to be and when.

c'mon sky pull your fingers out some of us need to make travel arrangements.
westhamshares

Postby simon1982 on Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:31 pm

So our 2 biggest games of the season first Spurs. Is Chelsea both 12.30 kick offs. What's the point anymore. Boring!
simon1982

Postby Big George on Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:59 pm

The Premier league and the broadcasts were suppose to tell us by last Friday about the rest of Dec and January, they seem miles away.

Under PL rules they have to let us know 6 weeks before the games so it will be in the next fortnight but its not good enough.
Big George

Postby westhamshares on Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:22 pm

I really need the bar stewards at SKY to confirm the new years weekend fixtures, the missus wants to go away and I wont book anything until I know that the current dates and times are cast in stone or they have changed from what they are now so I can properly plan - is that too much to ask !

if anyone from SKY or the PL is reading this

how bl**dy difficult is it to go to the end of December with the fixture times and not leave 1 very crucial week when lots of people make travel arrangements and transport and hotel costs skyrocket. :evil: .
westhamshares

Postby Big George on Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:44 pm

westhamshares wrote:I really need the bar stewards at SKY to confirm the new years weekend fixtures, the missus wants to go away and I wont book anything until I know that the current dates and times are cast in stone or they have changed from what they are now so I can properly plan - is that too much to ask !

if anyone from SKY or the PL is reading this

how bl**dy difficult is it to go to the end of December with the fixture times and not leave 1 very crucial week when lots of people make travel arrangements and transport and hotel costs skyrocket. :evil: .

I think we know where we are in their list of priorities
Big George

Postby sicknote on Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:05 pm

Spurs away, probably a TV game after the two 3 2 results this season, and with Wembley arena having 2 shows (peter pan no less which will be sell outs) on the 29th and 30th is expect the police and clubs might like a lunchtime kick off on the 31st if it’s available, that will put the West Brom game back a day to the 2nd of jan ,

Obviously just my thoughts looking at it WHS but seems unlikely Wembley will have both the Spurs game and a big event at the arena on the same day
sicknote
Plumbing the depths

Postby Big George on Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:25 pm

sicknote wrote:Spurs away, probably a TV game after the two 3 2 results this season, and with Wembley arena having 2 shows (peter pan no less which will be sell outs) on the 29th and 30th is expect the police and clubs might like a lunchtime kick off on the 31st if it’s available, that will put the West Brom game back a day to the 2nd of jan ,

Obviously just my thoughts looking at it WHS but seems unlikely Wembley will have both the Spurs game and a big event at the arena on the same day

I’ve heard whispers about this too.

So that would mean for the second year on the trot, no Boxing Day home game and no New Years’s Day home game.

Entirely possible
Big George

Postby Doc H Ball on Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:43 pm

I don't know if it's my slippers and pipe memory, but wasn't Boxing Day always either at home or an away derby?

Swansea last year and Bournemouth this meaning family feuds in my household.
Doc H Ball

Postby the pink palermo on Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:50 pm

westhamshares wrote:the missus wants to book something for NYE and I need to know where I need to be and when.

You need to be at the football , so that's easy enough .

Hasn't your missus got a friend or sister or even someone she bumps into on the high street that you could arrange for them to have a weekend away together while you are at the football ?

Failing that offer her the wait in the car outside the ground wherever we are playing option but make it clear she can't run the engine to keep the heater on unless she sticks some petrol in it .
the pink palermo
Huge noggin

Postby preston on Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:20 pm

Big George, do you know whether the Newcastle game on the 23rd might change. It looks like sky have announced fixtures to that date, but not BT.
preston

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion