OS to host rugby match - in MARCH

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: OS to host rugby match - in MARCH

Postby SRXT on Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:25 am

As some have mentioned, can't see the pitch getting ripped up. If you see a pitch getting torn up on TV, that's because it was a **** pitch to begin with. The players in rugby need it to stay firm to set scrums etc. anyway.

Westpac Stadium in Wellington is the stadium for rugby, football and cricket, and it's always in cracking condition.
SRXT

Postby ashbanki on Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:01 am

The Ospreys share the Liberty Stadium and played 15 times there last season.I would be more concerned about the British Grand Prix - Suppose the stadium could be the pits!
ashbanki

Postby Rio on Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:26 am

SRXT wrote:As some have mentioned, can't see the pitch getting ripped up. If you see a pitch getting torn up on TV, that's because it was a **** pitch to begin with. The players in rugby need it to stay firm to set scrums etc. anyway.

Westpac Stadium in Wellington is the stadium for rugby, football and cricket, and it's always in cracking condition.

Absolutely. The only ground I've known to suffer from hosting rugby & football is Rodney Parade in Newport. That has a history of being awful in the first place and no money to improve it.

The dissent about one game is completely ridiculous
Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here

Postby hammerman11 on Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:07 am

hopefully I will get tickets for the match. Time for a tie in with sarracens ?

It wont ruin the pitch and they have a week to repair it.
hammerman11

Previous

Return to General Discussion