OS to host rugby match - in MARCH

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: OS to host rugby match - in MARCH

Postby rottiel on Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:18 pm

The next level...
rottiel

Postby NorthBankAlliance on Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:51 pm

No less than the club deserves!
NorthBankAlliance

Postby Diogenes on Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:52 pm

I don't see the problem. It's no different to what the new Spurs stadium will have with their NFL games. I'm sure if we had our 'own' new ground the owners would still look to be doing the same sort of thing. I also like rugby and look forward to seeing a top game there. I believe we have to accept we have what we have and a successful stadium is in everyone's best interest rather than an unsuccessful one with all the potential negative connotations that would continue to ensue. I'm not saying we have to like it, but neither am I King Canute.
Diogenes

Postby bubbles500 on Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:06 pm

Spurs new stadium is purpose built with a retractable pitch.So they could literally host a NFL game on same day.Which I think they intend to do.Plus spurs are getting around £50m for their non spurs events we won't get a penny.
bubbles500

Postby brownout on Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:07 pm

Brady was adamant at the SAB meetings that West Ham would have the right to veto any events in the stadium during the football season.
So either she lied or the club are happy for the rugby to go ahead.
brownout

Postby Mega Ron on Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:07 pm

bubbles500 wrote:Spurs new stadium is purpose built with a retractable pitch.So they could literally host a NFL game on same day.Which I think they intend to do.Plus spurs are getting around £50m for their non spurs events we won't get a penny.

From who?
Mega Ron

Postby sanchoz on Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:07 pm

The new stadium has been designed from the outset for multi-use, including a structurally engineered fully retractable pitch – the first for any stadium in the UK – to ensure that the football-playing surface is always in peak condition.

Underneath the grass field will be a synthetic grass surface that would be used for NFL games and other events. This innovative solution also allows greater flexibility in the scheduling of games, reducing the set up time required to prepare the ground for other events.

http://new-stadium.tottenhamhotspur.com/nfl/
sanchoz

Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch

Postby Up the Junction on Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:08 pm

Diogenes wrote: I believe we have to accept we have what we have

Diogenes has spoken. All you dissenters, sit down and shut up.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Postby HammerMan2004 on Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:23 pm

Jesus. What a stadium. :x
HammerMan2004

Postby Captain Slaphead on Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:29 pm

brownout wrote:Brady was adamant........
So either she lied or .............

I think we all know the answer to that one
Captain Slaphead

Postby bubbles500 on Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:32 pm

From who?[/quote]

Did read an article about e-sports events .Dont know to much about them tbh but apparantly they are huge events said they would expect £2-3m from each event.Think they can pretty much host whatever they want concerts boxing etc .But they can do e-sports themselves so keep all the money.Plus the Already in place NFL deal.
bubbles500

Postby bubbles500 on Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:37 pm

bubbles500

Postby mjustincredible on Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:40 pm

I will attend this likely - Although seeing the Quins at the Stoop is always an enjoyable experience, love that ground (and the bar underneath the main stand :wink: )
mjustincredible

Postby Colours never run on Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:29 pm

So not only are we having to accommodate Athletics this season by having 3 of our home games rearranged, we also have to put up with Rugby carving up the pitch at the business end of the same season as well. If the Board had a veto, they are bang in the wrong to allow this. They need serious questioning over this and why they allowed it, if they were allowed too at all..
Colours never run

Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Postby bristolhammerfc on Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:42 pm

mjustincredible wrote:I will attend this likely - Although seeing the Quins at the Stoop is always an enjoyable experience, love that ground (and the bar underneath the main stand :wink: )

One of my favourite away trips to watch Bristol play last year
bristolhammerfc

Postby BromleyHammer on Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:07 pm

As a Quins season ticket holder, I've avoided going to the sarries "home" game at Wembley on account of it being full of day trippers, so will probably give this one a miss too. It's the same too, when we have our Big Game at Big Stoop, just trollied adults who have more interest in getting a beer every 5 minutes than actually watching a game of rugby. Roll on September at the Stoop.
BromleyHammer

Postby WHU_Del on Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:10 pm

Happyhammer52 wrote:Maybe this is why the current groundsman is leaving in September, can't imagine sorting out the turf after a rugby match would be easy.

Old Wembley would often have the Rugby League Challenge Cup Final and then the FA Cup Final on successive weekends.
WHU_Del

Location: In the words of William Morris: 'I come not from Heaven, but from Essex'.

Postby bubbles500 on Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:57 pm

Old Wembley would often have the Rugby League Challenge Cup Final and then the FA Cup Final on successive weekends.[/quote]

Feeling Spurs are playing day after challenge cup final this season.Sure I saw on twitter yesterday they moved a game to Sunday from the Saturday .Modern pitches are much tougher a week will be fine.
bubbles500

Postby mushy on Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:25 am

What do you actually get for the 'deal of the century'?
£2.5 million doesnt appear to get you much, I doubt very much if there is any veto in that fee.
You pays your money and you takes your chances, we paid peanuts.
mushy

Postby 61dicksey on Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:21 am

I reckon this will not be the highest scoring game at the O/S next season :oops:
61dicksey

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion