Leicester in bother? Non whu

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Leicester in bother? Non whu

Postby trevshead10may1980 on Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:14 pm

kayahammer wrote:I've lived in Thailand since '97 and show me someone who isn't corrupt. It's usual in pretty much every country in the world. But now the military have been in power for a bit they are putting on a show of battling corruption, and trying to do the right thing.

The old boss of Man City, the vile Taksin (who's been on the run on his diplomatic passport for years), is way worse than these King Power guys. They'll apologize, grease some palms somewhere and the story will most likely vanish.

If you've got plenty of money over here, you're fine, whatever you do (just ask the heir to the Red Bull fortune who ran over a copper in his Ferrari, dragged him 100 yards up the road, left him dead, and still hasn't been bought to justice all these years later).

Love living here though :D

Excellent post mate. Whereabouts in Thailand are you living? I lived there from 95-2002, and visited many times before that.
trevshead10may1980

Postby fmgod on Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:53 pm

MADRID (AP) — Police say they have arrested Spanish Football Federation president Angel Maria Villar, his son and another federation executive as part of an anti-corruption probe.

A source close to the investigation carried out by Spain's Guardia Civil tells The Associated Press that Villar and the other two men were detained on Tuesday morning during raids at the federation headquarters. The police source wanted to remain anonymous due to the ongoing investigation.

Villar is also a senior UEFA vice president.
fmgod

Postby kayahammer on Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:23 am

trevshead10may1980 wrote:Excellent post mate. Whereabouts in Thailand are you living? I lived there from 95-2002, and visited many times before that.

I live in Nakorn Pathom mate. Very peaceful and tranquil. And the football comes on Saturday night, so perfect (once the wife and kids are bundled upstairs). Where did you live?
Last edited by Up the Junction on Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Large quote removed.
kayahammer

Postby kayahammer on Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:24 am

Those days are long behind me :wink: .
Last edited by Up the Junction on Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Double quote removed.
kayahammer

Postby trevshead10may1980 on Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:10 pm

kayahammer wrote:I live in Nakorn Pathom mate. Very peaceful and tranquil. And the football comes on Saturday night, so perfect (once the wife and kids are bundled upstairs). Where did you live?

I lived in Lamai, Koh Samui for 3 1/2 years and then Bangkok for about the same length of time. Sat/ Sun footy nights in Lamai were great, supporters of about 15 different teams packed in the Monkey Bar having good natured banter. I miss those days.
trevshead10may1980

Previous

Return to General Discussion