Mediawatch on West Ham site

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Mediawatch on West Ham site

Postby comebackjoecole on Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:43 am

http://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2017 ... ch-13-july

what exactly is the point of this? is it to confirm rumours? or is it knowingly posting fake rumours?
either way, it seems pointless to me
comebackjoecole

Re: Mediawatch on West Ham site

Postby DDHammer on Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:46 am

Probably just to bring traffic to the site, most clubs do it.
DDHammer

Postby Ozza on Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:49 am

DDHammer wrote:Probably just to bring traffic to the site, most clubs do it.

That makes sense, although they might have been better getting CH to do it, with his babe of the day
Ozza

Postby Nesticles on Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:50 am

Do they still have that poxy 'insider' column on the official website? :lol:
Nesticles

Postby Ozza on Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:51 am

Nesticles wrote:Do they still have that poxy 'insider' column on the official website? :lol:

No I think lady Brady cut it off at the knees last season
Ozza

Postby sanchoz on Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:56 am

The nadir of the mediawatch article was when it reported newspaper speculation on the managers position and replacements.
sanchoz

Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch

Postby bobd_uk on Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:27 am

sanchoz wrote:The nadir of the mediawatch article was when it reported newspaper speculation on the managers position and replacements.

This is commonplace for most clubs. I sit next to a Man U fan at work and their site regularly has ridiculous rumours posted on it, including articles about the future (or often lack of) for their managers! Had stories about Moyes being sacked almost daily for several weeks!

Not saying I think it's a good idea, just that it isn't only us!
bobd_uk

Postby Overchuffed on Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:53 am

The mediawatch articles seems to me just to be another way of disguising the Bolyen insider column.
Pointless, and does more harm than good. Not in a "can't sign players" way or releasing our targets....but more so getting fans hyped up and then angry becasue we haven't signed anyone or because effectively the OS has linked us with all these players...Giroud, iheanacho, henry whatshisname, etc etc .

It's just fuel for the Twitter generation to moan.
Overchuffed

Postby Alfiehammer on Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:15 pm

Overchuffed wrote:The mediawatch articles seems to me just to be another way of disguising the Bolyen insider column.
Pointless, and does more harm than good. Not in a "can't sign players" way or releasing our targets....but more so getting fans hyped up and then angry becasue we haven't signed anyone or because effectively the OS has linked us with all these players...Giroud, iheanacho, henry whatshisname, etc etc .

It's just fuel for the Twitter generation to moan.

I can just about live with that, even if I dont bother reading it perosnally. The manager speculation I found distasteful in the extreme...
Last edited by Alfiehammer on Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alfiehammer

Postby Overchuffed on Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:27 pm

Alfiehammer wrote:I cannot just about live with that, even if I dont bother reading it personally. The manager speculation I found distasteful in the extreme...

Anything that is presented by the club ultimately the heads of the club have to take responsibility. It's just the sort of tactics we have come to expect from GSB for sounding out how the fans feel about things. I agree anything that is "offically leaked" that discredits its current employers is incredibly unpleasant and makes us look two-bob. I have sat on the fence for a long while with regards to our current ownership - they steadied a ship (albeit after sinking it in 2011!) and no one would have touched us with a bargepole when they took over if it wasn't for their "love and ties to West Ham" ... and you only have to look at what happened to Birmingham after they left to see that their best times as a club were under them in the PL.....however I am starting to seriously lean towards wanting to see the back of them with the underhand tactics and their "best stadium migration" "take us to the next level" "affordable football" nonsense.

It's starting to remind me of Donald Trump...say something over and over again and soon enough everyone will believe it.
Overchuffed

Postby Jedi Al Khalaas on Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:47 pm

just becasue someone else is doing it doesnt mean we should
Jedi Al Khalaas
Shut that door ...

Return to General Discussion