Joe Hart signs

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Joe Hart signs

Postby poplargeezer on Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:35 pm

Unfair to compare with Alan McKnight West Ham's all-time worst-ever keeper.
poplargeezer

Postby hammernsickle on Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:47 pm

Mega Ron wrote:He's not a scapegoat. He's just not very good

We are the same club that sang "England's #1" to Robert Green. Come on, dude.
hammernsickle

Postby Vienna on Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:10 pm

hammernsickle wrote:We are the same club that sang "England's #1" to Robert Green. Come on, dude.

I thought we sang England's no 6 and still Green was much better for us than Hart has been. Any shot at him I expect to go in.
Vienna

Postby Westbourne Bill on Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:31 pm

Apart from the Rooney long range goal how many of the goals conceded have been Harts fault? I can only think of possibly one vs Watford off the top of my head. Any others?
Westbourne Bill

Postby hammernsickle on Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:37 pm

Vienna wrote:I thought we sang England's no 6 and still Green was much better for us than Hart has been. Any shot at him I expect to go in.

Again, people are being ridiculous about this.

We totally sang England's #1. And we did sing England's #6 once which he found hilarious. I loved Greeny.

Maybe it's because I grew up playing keeper, and I've been behind a terrible defense and watched as forwards broke with ease past them, charging at you. It sucks. You start making bad decisions out of pure desperation. I charged a particularly cuntish forward during a three on one breakaway and dove at his legs, taking the ball but, when he fell on me, I nearly broke my neck and was stretchered off the pitch. It was beyond careless. But I felt I had no option as it had happened time and again and I was NOT going to let those ****ers score again. Being scored on gets to you, it eats at you, especially being humiliated by three goals or more. And doing something like saving a penalty, literally the coolest thing you can do, and have it fall right at the feet of the forward to simply tap in? Maddening.

So maybe I have more sympathy for a solid goalkeeper behind, lest we forget, a defense that was one of the worst in the league before he even got here.
hammernsickle

Postby warp on Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:30 pm

hammernsickle wrote:We are the same club that sang "England's #1" to Robert Green. Come on, dude.

the guy who was a hammer for years? of course we did...
warp

Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Postby Rocketron on Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:35 pm

[quote="Vienna"
I thought we sang England's no 6 and still Green was much better for us than Hart has been. Any shot at him I expect to go in.[/quote]
We originally sang No.1
Green laughed and held up 6 fingers and had gloves made with No.6 on them.
Rocketron

Postby brothernero on Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:37 pm

hammernsickle wrote:We are the same club that sang "England's #1" to Robert Green.

That was because Green was OUR Goalkeeper, a quality goalkeeper and a fans favourite. Cant recall if he ever won HOTY, but he was in the top 3 more than once.

As for Adrian, people keep saying about how many mistakes he made last season, but the only one they ever seem to mention is the Stoke mistake.

Hart is not being made a scapegoat, it's just that many think he is not a very good goalkeeper and that Adrian is better and after his efforts last season when he rightly regained his place back, he more than did enough to remain our number 1.
brothernero

Postby MadMart on Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:37 pm

From day one I have been banging on about how we didn't need Joe (DS's little ego trip pet project).
STATS:
Joe Hart - 14 games and conceded 30 goals - average = 2.14 goals per game conceded - win rate = 14%
Adrian - 4 games and conceded 4 goals - average = 1 goal per game conceded - win rate = 75%

Yes, Adrian has only played 4 games, but 2 were against Spurs and Man City - it's the same **** defence for both - and Joe Hart is costing £110,000 per week - we didn't need him Mr Sullivan and he ain't England's No.1 no more. Assuming Adrian starts tomorrow that will be Spurs, City and Chelsea he has faced - no beef against Joe Hart, my problem is with David Sullivan.
MadMart

Postby Pop Robson on Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:51 pm

Green won HOTY once and was runner up to Scott Parker twice

Didn't have gloves made that said England's No.6 ?
Pop Robson

Postby brooking_1980 on Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:32 pm

Feel sorry for Hart, move hasn't really worked out for him. Hoping he will go to another club, regain some confidence & form. We knock off £ 110k off the wage bill, which should fund a couple of solid players.
brooking_1980

Postby Jumby on Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:31 am

brooking_1980 wrote:Feel sorry for Hart, move hasn't really worked out for him. Hoping he will go to another club, regain some confidence & form. We knock off £ 110k off the wage bill, which should fund a couple of solid players.

I don't feel sorry for him at all, he knew what he was getting into and he's getting paid an absolutely ludicrous amount to do it. I'm never going to feel sorry for a multi millionaire who appears to have neglected working on his obvious weakness. To Joe Hart and the GSB, in the words of Lou Reed "you're going to reap just what you sew".
Jumby

Postby kayahammer on Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:18 am

I feel the same as Jumby.

He's come straight into the team, then been displaced because he hasn't the luxury of man City's team in front of him.

Adrian is the better keeper for our club. He's our player, loves plying for us, and is always full of confidence. Forget the terrible decision against us against Bournemouth, had it not been for Adrian we'd have conceded another 3 or 4 before their keeper decided to play slip on my arse
kayahammer

Postby fmgod on Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:17 am

He will end up at Palace whether that's January or end of season, Speroni is old and finished and Hennesey not a Premier League keeper.
fmgod

Postby chigwells finest on Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:24 am

Westbourne Bill wrote:Apart from the Rooney long range goal how many of the goals conceded have been Harts fault? I can only think of possibly one vs Watford off the top of my head. Any others?

2nd brighton goal , which killed us , i think he could've done better , not that we'd of got anything from the game
chigwells finest

Postby Puff Daddy on Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:36 am

fmgod wrote:He will end up at Palace whether that's January or end of season, Speroni is old and finished and Hennesey not a Premier League keeper.

Yeah. I can see that too. Roy rates him
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton

Postby comebackjoecole on Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:39 am

Wasn't Robert Green trying to leave West Ham the minute he joined?
comebackjoecole

Postby chigwells finest on Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:45 am

comebackjoecole wrote:Wasn't Robert Green trying to leave West Ham the minute he joined?

i just think he wanted some wage parity with some of the other players
chigwells finest

Postby EvilC on Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:05 am

EvilC

Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...

Postby fmgod on Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:10 am

Also during that time

PFA team of the year
2009–10 Premier League
2011–12 Premier League

Premier League Golden Glove:
2010–11
2011–12
2012–13
2014–15
fmgod