Joe Hart signs

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Joe Hart signs

Postby EvilC on Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:13 am

fmgod wrote:Also during that time

PFA team of the year
2009–10 Premier League
2011–12 Premier League

Premier League Golden Glove:
2010–11
2011–12
2012–13
2014–15

Clearly shouting counts for a lot more than I thought it did.
EvilC

Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...

Postby fmgod on Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:21 am

I think that's a bit harsh, he was very good for a few of them seasons, tbh the media rate De Gea and I can't stand him, world class shot stopper absolute useless at commanding his area, coming for things, puts so much pressure on his defence yet is seen as one of the best in the world, baffling.

I think the key thing for Hart is he was mostly under Mancini's managerial reign at City, Mancini made them ultra solid, probably the best they have looked defensively. This might of made Hart and a few others like Kompany look better than he was.
fmgod

Postby westham,eggyandchips on Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:22 am

brooking_1980 wrote:Feel sorry for Hart, move hasn't really worked out for him. Hoping he will go to another club, regain some confidence & form.

This.

The situation with Joe is that no matter how and why we concede goals, its somehow his fault.

Sad really.
westham,eggyandchips

Postby fmgod on Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:24 am

westham,eggyandchips wrote:
The situation with Joe is that no matter how and why we concede goals, its somehow his fault.

Sad really.

At what point do you look at Hart though, last season he conceded tons in Italy playing for a half decent side, also made the most mistakes in the league.
fmgod

Postby HammerMan2004 on Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:30 am

He can't possibly want to sit on the bench for the next 3/4 months. Have to wonder if the loan will be cut short.

Sullivan will be gutted after harping on about how amazing he is on whufc.com when he signed.
HammerMan2004

Postby fmgod on Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:35 am

It hasn't worked out but was a totally logical signing, we had no number one keeper as Slav didn't rate Adrian, sold Randolph and got England's number one on loan in a world cup year, seemed totally logical on paper.
fmgod

Postby Puff Daddy on Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:37 am

HammerMan2004 wrote:He can't possibly want to sit on the bench for the next 3/4 months. Have to wonder if the loan will be cut short.

Sullivan will be gutted after harping on about how amazing he is on whufc.com when he signed.

Sully made the same mistake just about everybody watching football makes when assessing a goalkeeper. Looking purely at him saving shots and not the other key elements of goalkeeping, like positioning, his footwork, commanding his 6 yard box and organising his defence
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton

Postby fmgod on Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:49 am

Puff I agree with but by the same thing though, his fellow pro's voted for him in team of the year twice, not saying there isn't a bit of English bias in it but people in football obviously rated him very highly too. I know I beat this drum so often but I think Hart is such an example of English players being so over rated by the media and fans in general, part of the reason City are so good is they only have two, both absolute blistering pace stretching the oppositon oh and Delph but all the quality works is done by the "foreign players"
fmgod

Postby RichieRiv on Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:51 am

Ask any regular England traveller what they think about Joe Hart and they'll tell you he should be anywhere near the national squad. England's no.1 - my arse.
RichieRiv

Postby fmgod on Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:57 am

RichieRiv wrote:Ask any regular England traveller what they think about Joe Hart and they'll tell you he should be anywhere near the national squad. England's no.1 - my arse.

To be fair not much competition :lol: We're West Ham though, he should've of been good enough for us, obviously hasn't worked out for both of us but nothing to say he won't go Palace and do okay, maybe everyone just needs to accept he is probably an average/good premier league midtable sort player and that is that.
fmgod

Postby Albie Beck on Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:02 am

fmgod wrote:It hasn't worked out but was a totally logical signing, we had no number one keeper as Slav didn't rate Adrian, sold Randolph and got England's number one on loan in a world cup year, seemed totally logical on paper.

Trouble is the game isn't played on paper - or a computer. Something the Sullivan clan are yet to fully take on board.
Albie Beck

Postby chalks on Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:46 am

comebackjoecole wrote:Wasn't Robert Green trying to leave West Ham the minute he joined?

No, that was Dean Ashton
chalks
Sliding down his pole

Postby claretandblue82 on Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:20 pm

chalks wrote:
No, that was Dean Ashton

Why was that?
claretandblue82

Postby libero on Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:22 am

fmgod wrote:It hasn't worked out but was a totally logical signing, we had no number one keeper as Slav didn't rate Adrian, sold Randolph and got England's number one on loan in a world cup year, seemed totally logical on paper.

Not for me it didn't. Because I could see that Joe Hart wasn't as good as Adrian, simple as that.
Not sure Joe Hart was even better than Randy even - who was sold after Hart signed remember

Problem was that Slav lost the plot with the 'keepers last season. He dropped Adrian too soon for a couple of clangers and kept Randy in for far too long after many more mistakes. Slav's stubborness re his 'keepers engendered an uncertainty that shouldn't have been there because we had a good goalkeeping situation: a good first team 'keeper in Adrian (not top 6 maybe but better than most) and good back up in Randy.

This false uncertainty led to us making a ridiculous mistake in signing a goalkeeper clearly on a downwards slide - and wasting a fortune in wages in the process

I've made it abundantly clear that I'm not a Moyse supporter, but I admire his decisiveness and logical thinking in dropping the hapless Hart and restoring the inspirational (if not perfect) Adrian :thup:
libero

Postby jacko on Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:28 am

I think he’ll go if he isn’t in the first team soon. It’s a World Cup year.

We need a new number 1. But it can wait till the summer.
jacko

Postby Captain Slaphead on Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:46 pm

jacko wrote:I think he’ll go if he isn’t in the first team soon.

Can he though ? I was under the impression (quite possibly mistaken) that a season-long loan couldn't be recalled halfway through ?

And that there was some dim-and-distant regulation about only being registered for two clubs max in a season -- which I assume he's "achieved" through Man City & WH ?

Happy to be corrected though
Captain Slaphead

Postby fmgod on Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:02 pm

libero wrote:
Not for me it didn't. Because I could see that Joe Hart wasn't as good as Adrian, simple as that.
Not sure Joe Hart was even better than Randy even - who was sold after Hart signed remember

Problem was that Slav lost the plot with the 'keepers last season. He dropped Adrian too soon for a couple of clangers and kept Randy in for far too long after many more mistakes. Slav's stubborness re his 'keepers engendered an uncertainty that shouldn't have been there because we had a good goalkeeping situation: a good first team 'keeper in Adrian (not top 6 maybe but better than most) and good back up in Randy.

This false uncertainty led to us making a ridiculous mistake in signing a goalkeeper clearly on a downwards slide - and wasting a fortune in wages in the process

I've made it abundantly clear that I'm not a Moyse supporter, but I admire his decisiveness and logical thinking in dropping the hapless Hart and restoring the inspirational (if not perfect) Adrian :thup:

I agree I've always rated Adrian, think he is perfect for us, always has been. People expect us to have Lev Yashin in goal sometimes

He lost the plot full stop not just the keepers, I think this was indicative of him in general and how we was going wrong
fmgod

Postby rciron on Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:42 pm

[quote="libero" )It hasn't worked out but was a totally logical signing, we had no number one keeper as Slav didn't rate Adrian, sold Randolph and got England's number one on loan in a world cup year, seemed totally logical on paper.

I've made it abundantly clear that I'm not a Moyse supporter, but I admire his decisiveness and logical thinking in dropping the hapless Hart and restoring the inspirational (if not perfect) Adrian :thup:[/quote]
Dave, what was the inside story on Moyes at sociedad?
rciron

Postby yakandyeti on Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:55 pm

Captain Slaphead wrote:Can he though ? I was under the impression (quite possibly mistaken) that a season-long loan couldn't be recalled halfway through ?

I think it has to be mutually agreed. Even if we want rid my guess Man City would only take him back if there was someone else lined up to pay his wages and we’d only let him go if we could line up a reasonable second choice goalie we’d throw into a relegation fight if something happens to Adrian. As for two clubs a season is it playing or registering?
yakandyeti

Postby Vienna on Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:28 pm

I really can't understand why Moyes keeps saying this:-

“Joe will play on Sunday, but Joe will play a lot of Premier League games this season as well.

Does he not expect Adrian to keep playing well, has he no faith?. Hart is right up there as one of the worst keepers we have ever had.
Vienna

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion