Marko Arnautovic

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Diogenes
Has liked: 480 likes
Total likes: 1203 likes

Re: Marko Arnautovic Signs

Post by Diogenes »

I thought he played well yesterday. Opinions eh.
My_Sobriquet
Has liked: 89 likes
Total likes: 92 likes

Post by My_Sobriquet »

Diogenes wrote:I thought he played well yesterday. Opinions eh.
Did you watch on a stream or at the ground?

Not a dig I watched on a stream (I live a million miles away) but I know when you watch live you get a different perspective on things, from my stream I thought he was horrendous.

As an aside, I didn’t really appreciate just how intelligent Deccers off the ball movement and reading of the game was till I saw him live.
Diogenes
Has liked: 480 likes
Total likes: 1203 likes

Post by Diogenes »

I'm a STH so always see it live, but your right, live viewing as opposed to TV viewing does give you a different perspective where you tend to see a wider perspective than just following the ball which you tend to do on TV.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 486 likes
Total likes: 1491 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

Marko Arnautovic has told reporters that we wanted to clear up the fake news regarding his transfer.

He says it's not correct, it's not a transfer it is a real tattoo.
Kialos
Has liked: 1552 likes
Total likes: 769 likes

Post by Kialos »

I thought he was OK yesterday, as effective as anyone else, but he's not the same player as he was before Christmas. I didn't want him sold, wish we could see him back at his best.
OohAahButler
Has liked: 570 likes
Total likes: 294 likes

Post by OohAahButler »

Anyone else starting to get the feeling he’s going to stay? I just can’t see anyone coming up with an offer to match what was on the table in January, let alone exceed it. And most of us felt at the time that £35m wasn’t enough. And who’s going to offer him more wages?

If he commits to us again, would he be forgiven? Could he find a way back to the pre-Christmas Arnie?
Noble Man
Has liked: 35 likes
Total likes: 34 likes

Post by Noble Man »

If he commits to us again, would he be forgiven -NO? Could he find a way back to the pre-Christmas Arnie - NO?[/quote]
BondsoBob
Has liked: 583 likes
Total likes: 530 likes

Post by BondsoBob »

Really hope the useless lazy c*** f@@ks off anywhere.
Can't stand players who don't want to play for us.l
OohAahButler
Has liked: 570 likes
Total likes: 294 likes

Post by OohAahButler »

BondsoBob wrote:Really hope the useless lazy **** f@@ks off anywhere.
Can't stand players who don't want to play for us.l
Yeah. But where?
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

That is the problem unless he hits form in the last 3 games then who will pay more than 25m for him? he is 30 and moody and playing poorly.

we need to get rid of him but not sure who will take him now he is damaged goods. 35m at Christmas seems miles away. I reckon he will go for 20m. also get rid of another non committed player in Hernandez.

replace with Gomez and Abrahams younger fitter and hopefully more committed !
Absolutely Hammered!
Has liked: 63 likes
Total likes: 255 likes

Post by Absolutely Hammered! »

I think he has massively missed lanzini this season as they had a real chemistry late last year but that isn't the only reason he has been poor. Having watched him closely his first touch and his overall passing game is generally quite poor and when he isn't in the mood his hold up play is non existent and would rather fall to the floor and complain to the ref now as opposed to trying to outmuscle a defender. I find this odd as he has the strenght of 5 scaffolders on roids when in the mood so there are no excuses when losing 1 on 1 battles. Im alao unconvinced by his finishing and positional awareness too. I really thought he would press on this year but the more i watch him the more i come to realise he isn't the striker i thought he would be.
Blow Bubbles

Post by Blow Bubbles »

Absolutely Hammered! wrote:I think he has massively missed lanzini this season as they had a real chemistry late last year but that isn't the only reason he has been poor. Having watched him closely his first touch and his overall passing game is generally quite poor and when he isn't in the mood his hold up play is non existent and would rather fall to the floor and complain to the ref now as opposed to trying to outmuscle a defender. I find this odd as he has the strenght of 5 scaffolders on roids when in the mood so there are no excuses when losing 1 on 1 battles. Im alao unconvinced by his finishing and positional awareness too. I really thought he would press on this year but the more i watch him the more i come to realise he isn't the striker i thought he would be.
Don’t bother yourself trying to work it out, it’s more simply than you think. Blokes a ****.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6757 likes
Total likes: 2352 likes

Post by Colours never run »

He really is a bellend. He had it so good here, it's laughable to see how it's now all predictably panning out.

He was regarded as the main man up front, enjoying his football like never before, adulation from a near sell out crowd home and away, his International form continuing to flourish, earning very good PL wages with the real possibility of soon improving it, top Clubs were seriously looking at him.

He was even given a rare Noble penalty just to keep him sweet for crying out loud. :lol:

And all of his own doing out of nowhere, he's now jeopardised everything for the sake of a bit more wedge or for some obscure China transfer for alleged mega money that probably wasn't quite there.

Thick as pig **** comes immediately to mind. And so very West Ham to somehow manage to f*** up a good thing. Although to be fair this ain't anyone's fault at the Club, this is all on the player and his dim agent brother.
szola
Has liked: 590 likes
Total likes: 353 likes

Post by szola »

If the lads accept having him around, he can stay.

There will always be a club who want to buy him. He is good. Not brilliant, or Champions League material, but good. Just look at his numbers.

If he plays football to earn cashmoney, you can't fault him for wanting to triple his wage.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 856 likes
Total likes: 2020 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

His age - and the attendant issue of intermittent injuries, that seem to take longer to resolve - is his biggest obstacle. He isn't top 4 material, even after the good 6 months he had under Moyes; last summer only Mourinho seemed even half-interested and that was because he wanted to show the forwards he already had that he wasn't dependent on them.

We have

1. A highly-respected coach
2. Some decent players from overseas, with whom he has already found the scoring touch (Anderson / Lanzini) who are creative and importantly younger than him, thus able to put in more running, on a match by match basis, and
3. A very large stadium to impress with his physical and entertaining style.

La Liga concentrates on younger prospects, by and large, and even that league would probably not match his present wage. Serie A? No chance.

We are his best bet, to remain in top flight, relevant, football. The whole world knows that he would last probably three weeks out in China, before wanting to fly back this way.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Another one who's been in for a lot of just criticism of late, but I have to say in that 2nd half he turned it on like we know he can when he's in the mood. The assist play was outstanding in itself and crucial for Magic Mike to devastatingly do what he did.

He's an enigma because when he's in the right place mentally, he's unplayable and you wouldn't want to see him go. My worry is can he sort himself out in the summer and behave himself next season? Because if he can, we will be a huge threat again going forward. But to manage that, we couldn't have another situation like this season where he selfishly act up for just his own ends. I'm still in two minds what to do with him in the summer.. :eh:

Ps - That moment where he delicately caressed the ball that was falling out of the planets orbit with his big plate of meat... :shock: Beautiful.
Al Fisti
Has liked: 120 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Al Fisti »

He should stay and if everybody is fit in the offensive we will go for Champions League next season :)
steveherts66

Post by steveherts66 »

If selling him gives us the funds for an out and out striker I'm up for him going
Colours never run

steveherts66 wrote:If selling him gives us the funds for an out and out striker I'm up for him going
That's what I'm trying to weigh up in my mind also. I'm leaning towards still selling him but open to the idea of him staying if he behaves himself in future and gets back to doing what he showed again at Spurs. Not the worst headache to have.
RayleighIrons
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 34 likes

Post by RayleighIrons »

Colours never run wrote:
That's what I'm trying to weigh up in my mind also. I'm leaning towards still selling him but open to the idea of him staying if he behaves himself in future and gets back to doing what he showed again at Spurs. Not the worst headache to have.
Which wont happen and he'll start being a 'ick again. I'd give him six months to start kicking off.