Marko Arnautovic

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1985 likes
Total likes: 1660 likes

Re: Marko Arnautovic Signs

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

I would agree with the City Bin Dipper comparison and it may be easier to score at Spuds..but I honestly think Kane is an instinctive striker whereas Arnie is a converted winger with not a "real" fox in the box' type...

I glad we have him, don't get me wrong, fits us like a glove..

[youtube]<iframe width="723" height="542" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4D2qcbu26gs?ecver=1" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/youtube]
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by Jumby »

I love the confidence, bordering on arrogance, it's brilliant and hilarious, especially when we're winning!
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

no arnie no party the main man and our best player.

becoming the new di canio for the fans and arnie loves it !

not fully fit yesterday but still played well.

now lets see him eat a few seagulls next Friday !
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2491 likes
Total likes: 4396 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

He's always been a good player but over the last 10 months he's become one of the stars of the Premier League and is one of the most complete centre forwards.

He has more pace, trickery and creativity than some of the £60m+ lot, and it was good that he took his solitary opportunity yesterday.
wivenhoetim
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 25 likes

Post by wivenhoetim »

..Actually thought he was slightly off his game yesterday, on the back foot a couple of times, coming back from injury, and yet still a beast of a performance, which says everything really. His strength and hold up play was phenomenal, and in stark contrast to Lukaku who I thought had a shocker. Above all a leader and talisman for both the team and the fans, and an absolute nightmare for opposition defenders. Worth his weight in gold ..and some.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

things is his movement helps everyone else.......

didn't think Lukaku was awful, his header that his the base of the post goes in, and it's a whole different game..

Lukaku didn't get much in the way of good service from the midfield, his best (and theirs) came from Ashley Young..
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2486 likes
Total likes: 2713 likes

Post by sendô »

His movement is key. When you play one up you need a striker that can get about, get to the ball first and then hold it up.

Compare him to Carroll who never got anywhere near anything.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

basically why we only had one way to play with Wor Andy playing....

he couldn't run the channels effectively enough consistently enough to give us a wing directional out ball.

not a specific on AC but merely stating the obvious.

when Arnie gets the ball at his feet and a head of steam, he must literally make defenders shyte themselves..

wonder if that's why Lindelhof came off, straight down the tunnel only to appear 5 minutes later..wasn't injured it seemed....

:D
Yabish
Has liked: 19 likes
Total likes: 20 likes

Post by Yabish »

he's most similar to the Diego Costa that won the league with Chelsea
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Yabish wrote:he's most similar to the Diego Costa that won the league with Chelsea
Without being any way near as much of a c*nt.
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

ARNIE IS UP THERE WITH THE BEST.

auguero wouldn't score the goals he does in our team. kane scores for fun at spuds

only two that are better at scoring than him for me.

augero is the best in my opinion. salah having a dip in form after his first season., whereas augero and kane do it consistently evry season.

if arnie stays fit he will break the 20 goal barrier hopefully
Al Fisti
Has liked: 119 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Al Fisti »

Think he played well again against a strong Tottenham team in the defence.

Was unlucky not to score and apparantly frustrated
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 769 likes

Post by Billydinho »

Unpopular opinion but he's not a proper striker and that is one of our problems.

Against Wolves, Brighton and now Spurs he's missed a sitter which an out and out striker would score which has cost us at least three points.

I love the bloke but the messiah he is not.
bubbles1966

Post by bubbles1966 »

He's scoring more goals per minute than Kane, Bill and he looked the better of the two yesterday - similarly Lukaku the other week.

The centre halves keep missing free headers at set pieces, and Snodgrass, Anderson, Noble, Antonio etc just don't look like they have a goal in them.
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 769 likes

Post by Billydinho »

But you put those three chances in front of Kane and Lukaku and we'd be a lot further up the league.
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 689 likes
Total likes: 2031 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

He isn’t the problem. World class saves from a World Cup winning goalkeeper stopped him scoring. He has 4 league goals in 8 league games. The problem is getting goals from elsewhere. We are becoming reliant on Arnie to find the net, that when he doesn’t that’s the first place people look. With Yarmolenko injured we will struggle more with goals from elsewhere. Hernandez has to come back into the side. We looked more threatening with him and Arnie both playing.

Arnautovic has 15 goals in 39 matches. No problem there.
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

Needs to be moved wide, deep or supported by a second striker. Dzeko or Giroud in January transform this team. We all love Arnie and as Moyes’ star man he was great for us but he’s not an out and out striker, he never has been, he’s missing chances that proper strikers would score and of his 4 goals they’ve all come from positions where he’d still be if we played a second striker.
bubbles1966

Post by bubbles1966 »

Billydinho wrote:But you put those three chances in front of Kane and Lukaku and we'd be a lot further up the league.
They - certainly Lukaku - wouldn't be able to create them, imo. Can you imagine him trying to play some of the deft flicks and back heels Arnie plays?

We have gone from having a wide range of scorers over the last three years to relying on one player.
Al Fisti
Has liked: 119 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Al Fisti »

Think with his power, pace, strength and technique he combines more to a class striker than any otter in the league

wouldn‘t swap him for Kane, Aguero or Lukaku
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 144 likes
Total likes: 2406 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

bubbles1966 wrote:
They - certainly Lukaku - wouldn't be able to create them, imo. Can you imagine him trying to play some of the deft flicks and back heels Arnie plays?

We have gone from having a wide range of scorers over the last three years to relying on one player.
the point is that Lukaku and Kane's primary role is to score not create. They are out and out strikers. Having said that both create their fair share.

Arnoutovic can still create lots of chances moving a bit further wide, or deep. He can create them for Hernandez. I would like to see him in a role similar to Aubeyemang at Arsenal. Nominally positioned out wide but gets in the box a lot to support Lacazette

Arnoutovic has done very well playing up front on his own. but that doesn't mean that as a team we can't improve by tweaking his a role a little bit

of course, against the top teams it may leave us far too open playing Arnie and Hernandez, but against the lesser teams where we are likely to dominate possession under Pelligrini we need them both in (all IMHO of course)