Marko Arnautovic

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

prophet:marginal
Has liked: 828 likes
Total likes: 1963 likes

Re: Marko Arnautovic Signs

Post by prophet:marginal »

Peaches wrote:If it’s true that Chelsea want him the most, then set the price at Loftus-Cheek + £25m. Then pay the release clause for Maxi Gomez.
On what planet is Arnautovic worth £25M more than RLC?

Sorry, but that's implausible in the extreme.
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2596 likes
Total likes: 1729 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

prophet:marginal wrote:
On what planet is Arnautovic worth £25M more than RLC?

Sorry, but that's implausible in the extreme.
Possibly -

However , one is in the form of his life and has made the likes of Manchester United and Chelsea take notice , the other can't get game at his parent club .

Arnautovic is now a Top Striker while Loftus-Cheek is a midfielder playing for Chelsea Reserves , a top striker will always fetch more money than a reserve midfielder .

I'm guessing .

Loftus-Cheek cannot get much of a game at Chelsea, because a new coach has come there with his old midfield, basically.

Practically the opposite applies for our player; he has barely any proper competition for his place in the team. He is in good form, but he is also close to 30, worried about repeat injury in his knee and a player from overseas, when every squad needs to have a fair quantity of home-grown talent in it.

What he hasn't done is somehow increase his value 100%, since signing for us. Given that RLC would probably command a fee of £25M in his own right, that's the reality of the earlier proposition.
stu1
Has liked: 657 likes
Total likes: 1024 likes

Post by stu1 »

If we were to sell Arnie, why would we sell for a similar fee to what we paid, it makes no sense. If anyone wants to buy Arnie they should be paying approx £35-£40m.

The only team in the top 6 that ‘need’ Arnie is Chelsea. When you then factor in Arnie’s persistent knee injury, I’d be surprised if anyone bids enough for us to seriously consider their offer.

Everyone claimed that we should have sold Payet for a lot more than the fee we eventually got.

I agree with your point, that we should overprice him, so that it leads to nobody taking the bait, but do our owners?
Peaches
Has liked: 90 likes
Total likes: 793 likes

Post by Peaches »

Claret and Hugh (Sullivan’s mouthpiece) have said we will start the bidding at 50m. Chelsea have a transfer ban coming and are looking to spend up to £250m in January before it hits. They are prepared to spend £50m pounds on a 27 year old left back so £50m on a 29 year old striker isn’t out of court and they have said they will not stand in Lostus-Cheek’s way if he wants to leave because he isn’t getting 1st team opportunities and will be less likely to in January. Besides his obvious talent and goal scoring, Arnautovic is attractive to big 6 teams because he is eligible to play in Europe this season.
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

prophet:marginal wrote:Loftus-Cheek cannot get much of a game at Chelsea, because a new coach has come there with his old midfield, basically.

Practically the opposite applies for our player; he has barely any proper competition for his place in the team. He is in good form, but he is also close to 30, worried about repeat injury in his knee and a player from overseas, when every squad needs to have a fair quantity of home-grown talent in it.

What he hasn't done is somehow increase his value 100%, since signing for us. Given that RLC would probably command a fee of £25M in his own right, that's the reality of the earlier proposition.
I think Arnautovic has more than doubled his value with us. He cost us £20 million, after hitting 22 goals for Stoke in 4 seasons. He’s now got 16 in a year.

He’s gone from a semi-effective winger to one of the statistically most effective strikers in the league. If he’s worth £20 million after handing in a transfer request with that record at Stoke he’s got to be worth at least £50 million to us now.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1887 likes
Total likes: 1599 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

problem is mate, you can only get what someone has or will bid..

bit like a house really.. you might want 400K or more, you might even think it's worth it. trouble is, if there aren't any takers at that price you're stuck with the house. if you really want another house to replace that one, you need to sell. sometimes you "compromise" and take less than you wanted, but more than you paid and want to get into the new gaff.

at least with a house there is usually more than one buyer and the house doesn't get any say on who the buyer is. Arnie might "only" want to go to say ManU. he doesn't HAVE to agree terms with Chelsea or whoever else is bidding. the club unlike the old days, cannot chose who it wants to do business with. it's entirely the player nowadays. if a player only wants to go to "x" club, and "x" cub want him, they'll end up compromising with the buying club. less than what we want, but maybe a little more than the initial bid.

we all saw how the Payet deal played out. there really isn't much difference. all the power is Arnie's, or whoever the player might be.
sicknote
Plumbing the depths
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 154 likes

Post by sicknote »

He doesn’t start against norn Ireland
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1887 likes
Total likes: 1599 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

sicknote wrote:He doesn’t start against norn Ireland
:thup: :thup:

bloody good job...rest that knee - before he gets injured and we can't sell him !!!!!!

:lol:
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 136 likes
Total likes: 2343 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

sicknote wrote:He doesn’t start against norn Ireland
they have zilch to play for so makes sense for all concerned

It wouldn't surprise me if he retires from international football at some point in the next couple of years. Like many players with mixed heritage I don't think playing for his country is that important to him
GaryP
Total likes: 71 likes

Post by GaryP »

Interviewed after.

"Whatever agent does with clubs is none of my business"

Utter b*llocks.
Pob!
Has liked: 1012 likes
Total likes: 675 likes

Post by Pob! »

GaryP wrote:Interviewed after.

Utter b*llocks.
Yeah! That interview didn't fill me with confidence either.
He is without doubt edging for a move without saying yes or no.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1780 likes
Total likes: 2058 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

GaryP wrote:Interviewed after.

Utter b*llocks.
The agent is employed by the player and acts on his behalf. If a player isn't happy with what his agent is doing, he has an easy solution.
S-H
Has liked: 5724 likes
Total likes: 9641 likes

Post by S-H »

Of course he's going to be vague, in case a move doesn't materialise, shows at least he has some respect for us (the fans) well that's what I'm choosing to believe anyway. :)
BondsoBob
Has liked: 577 likes
Total likes: 523 likes

Post by BondsoBob »

Sounds like he's already gone to me. Oh well. Another one bites the dust. :x
stu1
Has liked: 657 likes
Total likes: 1024 likes

Post by stu1 »

BondsoBob wrote:Sounds like he's already gone to me. Oh well. Another one bites the dust. :x
Calm down, there’s still a high chance he’ll be playing for us this time next year.
steps
Has liked: 98 likes
Total likes: 245 likes

Post by steps »

Saw the interview. Said he didn’t want to talk about any speculation and we’ve got a big game coming up against Man City. He does his talking on the pitch or something.

Not sure why people are losing their s**t over nothing really.
steps
Has liked: 98 likes
Total likes: 245 likes

Post by steps »

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... ia-victory" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
sutts07
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 538 likes

Post by sutts07 »

'My agent and the clubs'
Implies that his brother is touting him around but that doesn't mean he has any interest though.