Marko Arnautovic

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2597 likes
Total likes: 1729 likes

Re: Marko Arnautovic Signs

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

He spent 4 years at Stoke , he seems a lot happier here than he was there and if we have plans to add more quality to the squad during the next couple of windows AND he's happy with what he's earning then why would he want to move ?
If it was for Trophies then why would he have stayed at midtable Stoke for so long ?

Can't blame him for asking for a rise , personally I think he deserves to be the top earner , perhaps his brother is short of a bob or two , 10% of 50m ain't a bad little earner [ or whatever percentage agents charge ] . And there was that story a year or so ago .
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1975 likes
Total likes: 1465 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

GaryP wrote:
Couldn't give a toss if he stays or goes. Good player for us but not as good as he thinks he is.
Agreed. Get a £40-50m for him lively, before that knee problem worsens.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1887 likes
Total likes: 1599 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

unless is has slipped loads of people's notice..

last season we scored a grand total of 48 goals. of which Marko Arnautovic scored 11. about 23%.

not including assists.

this season we have scored 14 or which he has scored 5. about 36%

easily replaceable ? at least with the philosophy of our Axis of Evil..and their mantra "Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn now and again...."

and of all the suggestions on here, while some are way out in left field, does ANYONE trust this mob to take 50M (Anderson plus a 5M profit) and reinvest it wisely.

In January.

I know I don't.
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:unless is has slipped loads of people's notice..

last season we scored a grand total of 48 goals. of which Marko Arnautovic scored 11. about 23%.

not including assists.

this season we have scored 14 or which he has scored 5. about 36%

easily replaceable ? at least with the philosophy of our Axis of Evil..and their mantra "Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn now and again...."

and of all the suggestions on here, while some are way out in left field, does ANYONE trust this mob to take 50M (Anderson plus a 5M profit) and reinvest it wisely.

In January.

I know I don't.
I trust Husillos and Pellegrini. You just have to hope if he is sold, it’s for a few reflective of his worth to us (north of £50m), and it’s with the blessing of Pellegrini.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Jackhammer

we get 50M north of and I'll donate 25 quid to the BMF. that's cash money, not part exchanges..oh go on then, including p-e's. (and not inflating the price of the player coming in so it doesn't look like we've been buggered - no kiss, no flowers, no jar of Vaseline.....)

then, if and when we go shopping, the opposing seller don't slap an extra 10M on the price because we are flush with money, when and if we have 1 week to integrate said new player into our system that we have spent 6 months perfecting, he doesn't need "time to acclimatise into the league/country/style of play and we don't miss a beat - then it will be money well spent.

oh and integrate into a team that is STILL playing in fitz and startz......

hold on while I go away and hold my breath.....
goa127
Has liked: 440 likes
Total likes: 291 likes

Post by goa127 »

Do I trust this mob to reinvest £50m? David Sullivan - no. Pellegrini an husillos - yes. Despite much scepticism over his transfer dealings initially they have proved to be pretty sound. I'm sure they've already got players in mind if the arnie move is more than agent/paper talk. £50m puts you in with a chance for a pretty decent striker, £25m and it's 50/50, £4m and you get Perez
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

goa

traditionally we all know how difficult it is to come up with someone in January...not sure outside of the big boys, which clubs have managed to get someone worthwhile.....

then to replace his percentages of goals of our total, the fact pretty much, that even with Pellers, he is THE player on our team. our whole focal point is really built around him, sometimes if he wasn't who he is, I would honestly have hooked him.

when he isn't in the starting line up, I honestly think to myself "we're not in with much of a chance today" - and you can see with those goal totals, no one else has so far at least, managed to get even close. Anderson has 4 I think now. last year Arnie had 11 and I would hazard a guess that no one else even got close.

we are SO reliant on Arnie getting us a goal I cannot see bringing anyone else in, especially a very short period of time hitting the ground running as they say.

summer, fine, get someone in, get them in and around the squad, Pellers getting them into the system (whatever system that might be) and us not losing ground in the PL is a HUGE ask.

it's not that I don't trust the management team. he's had all of them for about 5 months plus. and even then we are NOT playing consistently enough - there are bits and pieces - not enough to rejig the whole thing at Crimble imvho.

never a good time to "tinker" with the squad.

however if he wants out and there is a market, there is nothing that clubs can do any more. can't hold his feet to the fire because both the opportunity at the buying club and selling club might not ever happen again.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 136 likes
Total likes: 2343 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

He was involved in such a high percentage of our goals because under Moyes our entire game plan was to funnel play through him
That doesn't mean he is irreplaceable more that a style of play less reliant on one focal point is required
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

and to my mind crouchy, he is still the focal point of the team.....we might play a different style than Moyes but the team is still set up to play to his strengths.....

and I didn't say he was irreplaceable.....just irreplaceable in January...when we are STILL trying to discover an identity and find any kind of consistency......we don't always get to choose but if there was a 'ruther I'd 'ruther let him go in the summer when we would have a chance to find a "suitable" replacement not just a "replacement" and get them bedded in properly with a full pre-season with the squad.

AND we might still be struggling then..if we sit comfortably in the say 10-12 slot with a good few points on the board and in no real danger of going down, we ain't getting a European slot this year, then let him go, bank the money, play Chicharito/AC and stumble through to the summer when much better targets would be available.

imvho that is,
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 136 likes
Total likes: 2343 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:and to my mind crouchy, he is still the focal point of the team.....we might play a different style than Moyes but the team is still set up to play to his strengths.....

and I didn't say he was irreplaceable.....just irreplaceable in January...when we are STILL trying to discover an identity and find any kind of consistency......we don't always get to choose but if there was a 'ruther I'd 'ruther let him go in the summer when we would have a chance to find a "suitable" replacement not just a "replacement" and get them bedded in properly with a full pre-season with the squad.

AND we might still be struggling then..if we sit comfortably in the say 10-12 slot with a good few points on the board and in no real danger of going down, we ain't getting a European slot this year, then let him go, bank the money, play Chicharito/AC and stumble through to the summer when much better targets would be available.

imvho that is,
I don't think he will go anywhere in January. I think he might in the Summer though
Vienna
Has liked: 157 likes

Post by Vienna »

He showed you didn't he:-

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
whitechapel hammer

Post by whitechapel hammer »

Surprising stat in the guardian today around number of km run per game. Arnie came in 3rd lowest of all Premier league players.

I wouldn’t have ever considered him lazy or not working hard so perhaps it’s partly down to him playing with a knock over a number of games.

However West Ham came in 19th overall for total kms run. Imagine where we’d be if we ran a bit harder, same goes for Arnautovic I guess.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... SApp_Other" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Vienna
Has liked: 157 likes

Post by Vienna »

Tika taka, football don't run, the opposition does. :D
BondsoBob
Has liked: 577 likes
Total likes: 523 likes

Post by BondsoBob »

Fact. No one is indispensable or irreplaceable. No one.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

BondsoBob wrote:Fact. No one is indispensable or irreplaceable. No one.

bob having seen players come and go from this club in my 65 years or so supporting them, I know that.

ManU found that out too didn't they ? and Spuds ? and the Gooners ?

I haven't said they ever are or will be...however, you need to hold onto your best players if the club wants to move on to "the next level." (whatever that really means).

you don't get better by selling, selling, selling....ask Southampton now.......

if you DO have to sell however, try to get the best deal going. and at the time that suits "you" best..

no point in selling your house in a sellers market if you don't have to. wait for a buyer's market if you can.

however, if you HAVE to get out of your digs, get the very best deal that you can. sometimes that isn't possible and you have to lose money. in other words, cut your losses.
hammer1975
Has liked: 927 likes
Total likes: 1088 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

‘Ouston :thup:
Albie Beck
Has liked: 611 likes
Total likes: 638 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:no point in selling your house in a sellers market if you don't have to. wait for a buyer's market if you can.
Wanna run that by me again, 'oust? :? :)
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 757 likes

Post by Billydinho »

BondsoBob wrote:Fact. No one is indispensable or irreplaceable. No one.
Not even the ground was.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:no point in selling your house in a sellers market if you don't have to. wait for a buyer's market if you can.
Albie Beck wrote: Wanna run that by me again, 'oust? :?
Albie

not been my day for explanations !!!!

what I meant was, no good selling when everyone is selling......

you need to be selling when no one is and you can get your price -

well it made sense to me when I first typed it mate...

:oops:

maybe I should have said no good trying to buy a player when you tell everyone (or everyone knows) just exactly how much you have to spend.....

or something like that..

:D
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1975 likes
Total likes: 1465 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

^^^ :lol:

I think you should have just said....... "don't sell him YET"