Marko Arnautovic

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

ageing hammer
Has liked: 486 likes
Total likes: 1492 likes

Re: Marko Arnautovic Signs

Post by ageing hammer »

Should be a cracking game Tomos all you need is a point while we have to win.

I would fancy us if we only needed the draw but to be honest I can't see us scoring on Monday.
only1post
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 86 likes

Post by only1post »

Not knocking this guy, who I think is going to come good for us, but anyone seen his goal on Friday.
I have never seen someone score a goal for his country and look so effing miserable.
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2677 likes
Total likes: 1779 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

ageing hammer wrote:Should be a cracking game Tomos all you need is a point while we have to win.

I would fancy us if we only needed the draw but to be honest I can't see us scoring on Monday.
I think it's a shame that any ' Home ' country has to be drawn against each other in a qualifying group for the World Cup , Eamonn , it seems to happen to Wales time after time and seeing as we haven't gone to any World Cup since 1958 [ when I was just 2 years old ] we will be desperate to win or at least draw .
if we could both go through I'd be wishing you good luck ! :)
Corney Beal

Post by Corney Beal »

only1post wrote:Not knocking this guy, who I think is going to come good for us, but anyone seen his goal on Friday.
I have never seen someone score a goal for his country and look so effing miserable.

I'd forgotten but someone elsewhere pointed out quite rightly that his Dad is Serbian, so he clearly had mixed emotions about celebrating a goal which could affect their qualifying aspirations.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 486 likes
Total likes: 1492 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

Tomos mate 1958 is a heck of a long wait to get to a world cup. Wales did themselves proud in the last tournament and they are more than just a one man team imo.

As much as I would like to see us get through I would not begrudge the Welsh boys and their fans the thrill of getting to the world cup. We have experienced it and it lifted the nation at the time.The team we have at present would not get far in the tournament anyway so if we do go out I will wish your boys well.

I have great time for Welsh people and have never met a bad one yet. :)
goingunderground
Has liked: 39 likes
Total likes: 42 likes

Post by goingunderground »

Corney Beal wrote:

I'd forgotten but someone elsewhere pointed out quite rightly that his Dad is Serbian, so he clearly had mixed emotions about celebrating a goal which could affect their qualifying aspirations.
That was my understanding, which is fair play I guess. I don't really care. Good that he's scoring!
hammers92
Has liked: 314 likes
Total likes: 1777 likes

Post by hammers92 »

I’ve been very tough on this guy so far, but I’m still waiting to see if he actually does anything?
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Needs to start delivering. Not seen a great deal from him yet.
smuts
Has liked: 1532 likes
Total likes: 1489 likes

Post by smuts »

Have to give him the benefit of the doubt for today due to the sending off I suppose.
Gerblatz
Has liked: 70 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by Gerblatz »

Still too soon to really come to any kind of informed opinion about the bloke...but he doesn't inspire too much confidence...not a good sign.
jphammer341

Post by jphammer341 »

Will be amazed if he reaches Ayews 7 goals and 4 assists from 20 starts for us.

Doesnt seem to fit so far but would be more than happy to be proven wrong. As he clearly has all the tools to be effective just not sure he applies himself the way we want (antonio style)
FAH_1973

Post by FAH_1973 »

I live in Stoke (wish I didn't) and Stoke fans were not exactly glowing about him and were happy with the money they received. So far what they told me appears true. Agree it is early days and hope he will come good but was very disappointed with him on Saturday.
Al Fisti
Has liked: 118 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Al Fisti »

He is a good sign, believe me.

What I saw on Saturday is, that 2 strikers upfront and Arni as left winger is too much. He hadn´t enough space and was mostly isolated on the left side. The left wing is the best position for Arni, but only with one striker.

Arni hadn´t a good start here but he will come, that´s for sure, cause he has much quality. He has proven that in so many games for Stoke or the Austrian National Team. If you ask the Austrians, who is the best player of the country, most of them will certainly say: Arnautovic...not Alaba.

E: Think, he would better harmonize with Masuaku behind him than Cresswell. Masuaku offers more in the offensive.
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by fmgod »

The problem is he is bang average 90% of the time and then he will produce some utter magic one game in fifteen that the fans will go and on about, he has no consistent or he would be at a top club. We got absolute mugged for him but he will have some highlight reel moments, Antonio is half the player technique wise but is more effective just due to hard work and ethic
Ozza
Has liked: 944 likes
Total likes: 2390 likes

Post by Ozza »

FAH_1973 wrote:I live in Stoke (wish I didn't) and Stoke fans were not exactly glowing about him and were happy with the money they received. So far what they told me appears true. Agree it is early days and hope he will come good but was very disappointed with him on Saturday.
i thought their forums were in meltdown when he left?
FAH_1973

Post by FAH_1973 »

My comments are based purely on the Stoke fans I know - most of which are Season Ticket Holders (sad bastards). They all say he is great on his day - but those are about 1 in 5. They are also very critical of his attitude which we have seem glimpses of already.
SoulCircus
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 88 likes

Post by SoulCircus »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -more.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

An interesting interview I thought. At least he is forthright rather than the usual anodyne responses footballers give these days. Knows he still has a lot to prove.
EastBrisHammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by EastBrisHammer »

FAH_1973 wrote:My comments are based purely on the Stoke fans I know - most of which are Season Ticket Holders (sad bastards). They all say he is great on his day - but those are about 1 in 5. They are also very critical of his attitude which we have seem glimpses of already.
Most fans are critical of their players unless they are consistently very good, which is rare. Look at West Ham for example, Reid goes from world beater to average so often, same with Kouyate and many other players. Not a criticism of West Ham fans, just football fans in general.
Hockley Hammer
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 30 likes

Post by Hockley Hammer »

SoulCircus wrote:An interesting interview I thought. At least he is forthright rather than the usual anodyne responses footballers give these days. Knows he still has a lot to prove.
I found it interesting too. Didn't realise he had been unwell on top of the suspension. Be nice to see him bang a few goals in and get people on his side.

Seen some nice touches from him but the odd over-indulgence too.

At least he seems honest about himself. Be good to see this club as his best spell in football.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

He owes us a top performance tonight.