Marko Arnautovic

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Ozza
Has liked: 943 likes
Total likes: 2391 likes

Re: Marko Arnautovic Signs

Post by Ozza »

Like any player that comes here and does well, will look to further themselves it’s not new and we won’t be in a situation anytime soon where we will be pushing for champs league, it’s hardly surprising.

His stock is probably at his highest and it’s (in his mind) a chance to play at a higher level, let’s be honest with ourselves, if lanzini hadn’t done his leg, had played at the WC and was doing well this season, he’d be doing the same thing.

We’re a stepping stone to the big boys and that ain’t changing anytime soon.

My only issue is our muppet owners getting the best price and investing it wisely.

Personally I think he’s awesome and would do a brilliant job at somewhere like Chelsea or Manchester United, as much as that pains me to say it.
BondsoBob
Has liked: 583 likes
Total likes: 530 likes

Post by BondsoBob »

Sorry Ozza, I repeat as far as I'm concerned if he doesn't want to play for us then bollox to him !
Ozza

Post by Ozza »

BondsoBob wrote:Sorry Ozza, I repeat as far as I'm concerned if he doesn't want to play for us then bollox to him !
I didn’t say anything different bob, just trying to put some context around it.
BondsoBob

Post by BondsoBob »

I didn’t say anything different bob, just trying to put some context around it.[/quote]

Fair enough mate. But these ' big time Charlies' really wind me up. And we've had more than our fair share over the years. Headbanger
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1983 likes
Total likes: 1660 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Ozza

it's always a Catch-22 with our owners, whoever they may be/have been...

we're not good enough to attract top class players at or in their prime. if we ever get anyone halfway decent they f**k off before they become really really good and we can't get quite good enough without them to attract top class players at or in their prime.

agreed - if Lanzini hadn't hurt his knee and had a decent to good world cup (I wouldn't guess he would have played much with their array of talent - but if results went either really well or piss poor he wold have gotten minutes) he would have been off like a shot....

and then we're back to the being not quite good enough. other than Slav's/Payet's first season we've never been much cop in recent times to ever break that trend..

this season started so poorly our better players will want to get out of the door if things don't change much, and if people think that Diop and Anderson won't be off as well, they're very much mistaken.

I don't blame players, CL football is on all over the world. as is the PL but Huddersfield/Fulham on Monday hasn't the same appeal as Juve/Manu to most...(me included).

midweek in Barcelona, Madrid, Rome, Turin, Paris, Munich, Dortmund has more appeal to most (including Arnie, Diop, Anderson and Lanzin) then going just Burnley or Bournemouth.

and playing with top class team mates..can you imagine Arnie or Lanzini watching a Masuaku lets players just waltz past him, or Oggie switch off or Cresswell lashing the ball back to Fabianski ?

what must they be thinking..."I can't wait to get out of here where I have a chance of something before I get too past it..."
Ozza

Post by Ozza »

I gave up getting wound up about players wanting to leave years ago, my emotion and hatred is all stored up for the c**** in charge of this club
Ozza

Post by Ozza »

Cuencs youre right, the frustration is that we should know that as a club, deal with it, maximise it and plan for the future..

The reason spuds are top 4 is that’s exactly their model, we all laughed at them not long ago for their league positions. They took a model of buying quality players at bargain prices (Defoe and carrick from us), getting a tune out of them and selling them for big mark ups and then investing wisely (most of the time)

I don’t trust our muppets to get 50m for Arnie and then go and invest well, f*** me we should have grabbed Madison in the summer.

We have no real strategy or long term plan as well reported, they got lucky with Arnie (thanks to Moyes) they’ll flog him for 35m after making out he’s a **** and go and spend it on a load of has beans.
BondsoBob

Post by BondsoBob »

OK then. So it's bye bye Marko and don't get your head stuck in the doorway on your way out.
Maybe a bit harsh, but as others have said it's not even 18 months ago that he was 'desperate' to get away from Stoke and come here. Headbanger
'Appy 'Ammer
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 53 likes

Post by 'Appy 'Ammer »

He may find himself frozen out.

So let him go
BondsoBob

Post by BondsoBob »

It absolutely does my head in at the amount of players that we have had over the years that suddenly decide they're too good for West Ham. :asleep:
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

BondsoBob wrote:OK then. So it's bye bye Marko and don't get your head stuck in the doorway on your way out.
Maybe a bit harsh, but as others have said it's not even 18 months ago that he was 'desperate' to get away from Stoke and come here. Headbanger
bob

honest though 18 months ago we were "on the up-ish" and "going to push on" but it all went horribly Peter Tong.........and it doesn't look like it's going to uptick any time soon..

loads on here (me included to be honest) would be happily at about 12th-14th at Crimble and in no danger of getting relegated. but again, being honest I can still see us struggling throughout the campaign and Arnie's price is going to drop maybe.

We went from getting a 40M pound man to snapping up a 2M DM which everyone here had been crying out for now for the past 2-3 seasons. and who wasn't pulling up trees either. luckily for us Rice came through. And Anderson struggled early doors, we struggled getting embarrassed by the Koppites should have won against Wolves and Bournemouth early doors on paper, whatever the review of the game lost against a pisspoor (at that time) Arsenal mob and once again (from Arnie's viewpoint) going to struggle against relegation. A good win against the Mancs was followed up yet again by disappointment.

I know he's only been here a short time but his move to CF and the goals have come in, if not exaclty flowed..someone posted he has only been beaten in a calendar year by Salah or something like that..

If he stays much longer his "reputation" is only going to decline based on our performances. A non show at Huddersfield was probably one of those straws like eventually break the camels back.

A few wins, against City with him bagging a couple, a move up the table and who knows ????

A 6-0 drubbing and his brother will be on the phone to some of the bigger boys...

:D
goingunderground
Has liked: 39 likes
Total likes: 42 likes

Post by goingunderground »

Somebody wants a new contract.
BondsoBob

Post by BondsoBob »

CA while I agree with some of what you say, but I would think we are in a better state now than 18 months ago. Results have not been brilliant but we have a decent manager and are playing (most of the time) some decent football. We are getting there. So it just p@@@@s me off when the likes of Arnie suddenly turn.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

BondsoBob wrote:CA while I agree with some of what you say, but I would think we are in a better state now than 18 months ago. Results have not been brilliant but we have a decent manager and are playing (most of the time) some decent football. We are getting there. So it just p@@@@s me off when the likes of Arnie suddenly turn.
bob, football lives are short, he wants to win something or at least be competitive - when was the last time we actually were competitive in a cup even ? Avram's year maybe ?

we're not going to push on to a European place anytime soon even with the new blokes there always some bloody hole or other than needs fixing...

it's like Whack-a-Mole....

our LB position has been a bone of contention for the past 2-3 seasons, Zaba filled the RB role, Byram and Fredericks haven't/won't. Diop and Balbuena look good as does Fab. Noble needs replacing, Obiang is off the pace, Oggie has fallen off a cliff, Yarmo and Lanzini won't see pitch time this season......our subs look like we've been shopping at Aldi and we have been "saved" by a bit of form from Rice and a revelation in the form of Diagana...who naturally enough was well off the pace last weekend.

like a chain, you're only as string as your weakest link and we've got loads of them some weaker than others.

we're West 'am, innit...

:D
Miles Standish Proud
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 58 likes

Post by Miles Standish Proud »

In just a few years I have gone from being genuinely gutted and angry about losing our best player (Scott Parker) to being almost ambivalent at the prospect.

Gold, Sullivan and Brady - sucking the life out of West Ham and its fans since 2010.
Phil S
Has liked: 450 likes
Total likes: 378 likes

Post by Phil S »

he's staying
Ozza

Post by Ozza »

BondsoBob wrote:CA while I agree with some of what you say, but I would think we are in a better state now than 18 months ago. Results have not been brilliant but we have a decent manager and are playing (most of the time) some decent football. We are getting there. So it just p@@@@s me off when the likes of Arnie suddenly turn.
You’re looking at it wrong, players like most people in a job want to get to the highest level they can, we look at it from a fans one club live or die perspective, they look at it from a limited time, wanting to win things and maximise their earning potential.

We’ll never get in the champs league on our current financial and structured trajectory, he’s 29 and if we’re all honest could and should be playing at a higher level.

He’s at his highest sellable level and our owners would wet their pants at 40m. If someone wants him and is prepared to pay the price he’s gone, it’s that simple.

Flogging Arnie for whatever price we get, does it get me humpy, not even close to watching defoe, carrick and Jc walking out of the club for peanuts ?

The only people with loyalty in football are the fans and don’t kid yourself that it’s been ever any different ever.
Last edited by Ozza on Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Swiss Pauli
Has liked: 435 likes
Total likes: 163 likes

Post by Swiss Pauli »

Well, if Hernandez is on £125k/week and Arnie is on less, wouldn't you be looking to get a better deal for your client if Arnie was your player?
sxreject1
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by sxreject1 »

Might be wrong but I thought Jose had Arnie at Inter and said he was the hardest player he ever managed. Was even madder than Ibrohimavic.

Don't sound like a Jose player to me. :hush:
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 391 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

Miles Standish Proud wrote:In just a few years I have gone from being genuinely gutted and angry about losing our best player (Scott Parker) to being almost ambivalent at the prospect.

Gold, Sullivan and Brady - sucking the life out of West Ham and its fans since 2010.

nah, we;ve been selling our fans short since the 1970's, gsb have just been passed the baton from terry brown .