Marko Arnautovic

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

scottyboy71
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Re: Marko Arnautovic Signs

Post by scottyboy71 »

I never take this stuff at face value and suspect he's after a new contract. From alll accounts he's not impressed with the idea of signing Nasri at 80k a week (join the club).
When I see Arnie play, I see a player who loves the adoration, who know's he's a cult figure on his way to being a legend. I think Arnautovic and West Ham go together like Man Utd and Cantona did, or Henry and Arsenal and even like Di Canio and West Ham.
He looks like a player who's found his home. Or maybe it's just me.
kitthehammer
Has liked: 74 likes
Total likes: 302 likes

Post by kitthehammer »

To be honest i feel that we have become over reliant on him in the same way as we were with Payet.. I'm not saying get rid of him, it's just we need a back up decent striker and big andy you assume will be injured again for 3 months in 6 weeks time.
HammerAl
Total likes: 397 likes

Post by HammerAl »

I f*cking love Arnie and want him to stay, but I wouldn't begrudge him a move if a CL team came in for him. I would hate to see him playing for another PL club though - even seeing Kouyate in a Palace shirt makes me feel a bit weird! - but I can't see many, if any, clubs outside of the PL being able to afford him.
BondsoBob
Has liked: 583 likes
Total likes: 530 likes

Post by BondsoBob »

Right. I've calmed down a bit since last night. So it's 'que serra serra' as far as I am concerned with Arnie now.
Patito

Post by Patito »

IronworksDave wrote: It's only obvious if the person doing it isn't very good .... just saying ....
It's a fair point. Arnie's though, is very clearly run by himself, his "Instagram stories" make that clear.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 144 likes
Total likes: 2406 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

Miles Standish Proud wrote:In just a few years I have gone from being genuinely gutted and angry about losing our best player (Scott Parker) to being almost ambivalent at the prospect.

Gold, Sullivan and Brady - sucking the life out of West Ham and its fans since 2010.
I dislike the owners and their puppet mongrel as much as the next person, but not sure they can be blamed for this.

We, like every other football club in the world, have always sold our better players to those clubs higher up the food chain way before the owners came along, and will continue to do so way after they have gone

If Arnie wants to play champions league football then he will want to go somewhere where it is guaranteed, not something that may happen at some point. Even if we spent £300m it is still unlikely we would get near it to be honest

It is also a bit silly to blame the owners if Arnie does leave, given they bought him in the first place!
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2689 likes
Total likes: 1786 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

scottyboy71 wrote:I never take this stuff at face value and suspect he's after a new contract. From alll accounts he's not impressed with the idea of signing Nasri at 80k a week (join the club).
When I see Arnie play, I see a player who loves the adoration, who know's he's a cult figure on his way to being a legend. I think Arnautovic and West Ham go together like Man Utd and Cantona did, or Henry and Arsenal and even like Di Canio and West Ham.
He looks like a player who's found his home. Or maybe it's just me.

This is how I see it too - .
norse
Has liked: 380 likes
Total likes: 838 likes

Post by norse »

He's obviously too good for a club who regularly finishes 11-17th in the PL.
Ozza
Has liked: 943 likes
Total likes: 2391 likes

Post by Ozza »

We have to face facts there is an order in the food chain and we are not at the top of it even in our own league.

All we can hope for is that the players that we have here do so well that it attracts the big boys to stump up silly money, our owners get as much dough as they can and reinvest it by picking the best players that we can get of the teams below us, which we did with Arnie and as spuds have been doing for years that have seen them steadily grow.

Unfortunately our owners are scum bag, can’t plan, short term, thieving useless c****.
IG8Hammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by IG8Hammer »

I love Arnie, but I doubt he'd succeed at a top, top club. Man United could probably do with him at the moment however.

I've always had Arnie down as someone who thrives as a big fish in a small pond. What's the most goals he's ever scored in a season?

Granted, he'd no doubt score more with better players around him, but at a top club, 20+ goals every season is seen as an absolute minimum for a forward. Their work off the ball isn't given sufficient credit for, as there are other players who do the leg work for them, and if he's not scoring ever other game he'd be dropped for someone who is, become unhappy etc.

One season without a decent number of goals and they end up getting slagged off by their own fans - see Lukaku, Giroud, Morata, Welbeck, Lacazette, Batshuayi, Janssen etc.
goa127
Has liked: 451 likes
Total likes: 291 likes

Post by goa127 »

fmgod wrote:I think we always only had one buyer for Payet, he is too head strong and would've only gone back to OM anyway

This is the reality. We bought him for what turned out to be a bargain price, because OM needed cash, He was almost on loan to us for a while. Not a similar situation. Plus I think Pell could get us a decent replacement for arnie, not that I want him to go.
wendall

Post by wendall »

You wouldn't begrudge him a move to play CL football. Who wouldn't want to give it a go if they were good enough. This article is clearly just done by his agent to start stirring things up.

As far as I'm concerned he's giving everything for the club, and been our best player over the last year. If he has to go in the summer then I'll wish him well.

I'm also confident that if we got $50M for him, we could attract a couple of decent players with Pellegrini at the helm.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1985 likes
Total likes: 1660 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

well one of my "predictions" might have just fallen off the list !!

:lol:

Chelsea: Fifa allegedly recommends Blues handed two-year transfer ban after signing of minors

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46218627" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
sutts07
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 547 likes

Post by sutts07 »

Modern wrote:West Ham fans really are a very nice bunch.

West Ham took a risk signing him for 20m on a 5 year contract which he is barely 1 year through, I totally get that he is a good player but West Ham signed him to push them towards Europe.
We are kind of where you lot were when you sold Berbatov to Man Utd (he only had one full season too right??)...

We want to keep him and kick on but we also need to realise that when the bigger clubs come knocking, it is hard to turn the cash down as you just end up with a sulky player.
sutts07
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 547 likes

Post by sutts07 »

Wilson scoring for England might help us... he will get plenty of attention if he keeps going the way he is.

Chelsea already looking at 35m apparently.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

sutts07 wrote:Wilson scoring for England might help us... he will get plenty of attention if he keeps going the way he is.

Chelsea already looking at 35m apparently.
maybe we could get 45-50M for Arnie and spend 35M on Wilson ?

:thup:
Miles Standish Proud
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 58 likes

Post by Miles Standish Proud »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:]

I dislike the owners and their puppet mongrel as much as the next person, but not sure they can be blamed for this.

We, like every other football club in the world, have always sold our better players to those clubs higher up the food chain way before the owners came along, and will continue to do so way after they have gone

If Arnie wants to play champions league football then he will want to go somewhere where it is guaranteed, not something that may happen at some point. Even if we spent £300m it is still unlikely we would get near it to be honest

It is also a bit silly to blame the owners if Arnie does leave, given they bought him in the first place!

Don't get me wrong, Crouch, I don't necessarily blame the owners for Arnie going (if he does). My point is that - through years of undermining the club, all it stood for and all it used to be - they have made me become ambivalent. Five years ago I would have thought that would have been impossible.
Last edited by Miles Standish Proud on Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Spot on MIles...

:thup:
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 144 likes
Total likes: 2406 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

Fair play Miles
DaveWHU1964
Has liked: 1296 likes
Total likes: 684 likes

Post by DaveWHU1964 »

norse wrote:He's obviously too good for a club who regularly finishes 11-17th in the PL.
Bottom line. Even if he was willing to see how things panned out in the next few years he hasn't got the years left to do so.

He'll get a move by the summer or an even bigger contract here. Either way, Arnie wins.