Marko Arnautovic

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

hammer1975
Has liked: 933 likes
Total likes: 1088 likes

Re: Marko Arnautovic Signs

Post by hammer1975 »

All this ‘wait for the summer stuff’....are we expecting a bigger bid in the summer or are we suggesting that we’d accept the €35m level in the summer as we will have more time to find a replacement...?

Surely not the latter as if’s clearly not market level (and may have been withdrawn anyway). We still may not get offers at a level we deem appropriate in the summer....can’t see Man Utd, Chelsea coming in if they’re not now, Italian clubs too skint for the fee....
upton o'good
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 120 likes

Post by upton o'good »

swash wrote:The crux of it for me is the timing. We have to accept that 99% of footballers are just mercenaries these days, and will understandably look to maximise their earnings, but I do have a problem with players and their agents kicking off mid-season, when its disrupts the team, and is the wrong time to bring in new faces, without the opportunity to bed them in with a pre-season etc.

Cost us our chance of points at Bournemouth in my opinion, as we were forced to play an ineffective, unsuited to our system AC, when a fit and flying Arnie could have made all the difference.
Trouble is the Chinese league starts in Feb IIRC, so they will always recruit in Jan if they can.
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2642 likes
Total likes: 1747 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

hammer1975 wrote:All this ‘wait for the summer stuff’....are we expecting a bigger bid in the summer or are we suggesting that we’d accept the €35m level in the summer as we will have more time to find a replacement...?

' Wait For The Summer ' is all about not derailing this season more than it has been already , it's giving us time to find a suitable replacement - that's all it is .
bengaliron
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by bengaliron »

' Wait For The Summer ' is all about not derailing this season more than it has been already , it's giving us time to find a suitable replacement - that's all it is .[/quote]

Also i think it about the principal as well. We can't let players dictate the way the club is run. I think players need to know that i they want to leave they need to find an amicable way of doing it. Tantrums should never be rewarded.
The Old Man of Storr

bengaliron wrote:'

Also i think it about the principal as well. We can't let players dictate the way the club is run. I think players need to know that i they want to leave they need to find an amicable way of doing it. Tantrums should never be rewarded.
Of course , but if the Chinese had offered us 50m and Dzeko and Gomez would have signed for us , we'd have let Marko go like a rocket .
It's having no suitable replacement that was always going to be the problem , no one wants to keep an unhappy player .

To replace Marko is going to cost more than we'll ever get for him , even if we received 50m , that's why we're waiting until the summer so that we can spend part of our summer budget + the monies received for Marko on a replacement .
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by Jumby »

Just how the f**k can such a two bob league impact top level football so much? It's messed up.
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

if the Chinese come back with anything over 45m we should sell and get Gomez in asap or else we will fade away this season and it will be another wasted year.

sign Gomez and hopefully he fires us to 7th and Europe. also have a real go in the cup.
Al Fisti
Has liked: 114 likes
Total likes: 30 likes

Post by Al Fisti »

Jumby wrote:Just how the f**k can such a two bob league impact top level football so much? It's messed up.
:thup:
Ozza
Has liked: 945 likes
Total likes: 2366 likes

Post by Ozza »

Jumby wrote:Just how the f**k can such a two bob league impact top level football so much? It's messed up.
Simple answer money...

The chairman of the country has said that they want to win the World Cup by 2050 and be a football world super power, there's a lot of money going into the game over there from grass roots to the professional league, and usually what the Chinese decide they want to achieve they usually achieve....

Saying all of that the Chinese economy is slowing down....
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

Importing expensive foreigners to the league, is definitely the way to go, if wanting to win a World Cup.

Worked well in this country.
Last edited by S-H on Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2356 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

The government have put some rules in place over last couple of years to reduce the number of foreign players coming in, and stifle the over the top spending. I think their is a limit per team now plus they have the tax which means the clubs have to pay some kind of tax on every player they sign
taffhammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by taffhammer »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:The government have put some rules in place over last couple of years to reduce the number of foreign players coming in, and stifle the over the top spending. I think their is a limit per team now plus they have the tax which means the clubs have to pay some kind of tax on every player they sign
I think it's 100% tax. They should do that here on any transfers over 50 million and give the extra tax to the NHS.
hammerleroy

Post by hammerleroy »

Anyone notice our old friend Mr Fonte lasted just 7 matches in China? Now at Lille playing regularly and they are second in the French League. Like to keep an eye out for our former players! Just sayin'. :)
kenthammer1984
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 81 likes

Post by kenthammer1984 »

hammerleroy wrote:Anyone notice our old friend Mr Fonte lasted just 7 matches in China? Now at Lille playing regularly and they are second in the French League. Like to keep an eye out for our former players! Just sayin'. :)
why did we get rid of him in the end? and why didn't he last long over there?
YorksHammer
Has liked: 382 likes
Total likes: 1412 likes

Post by YorksHammer »

hammerman11 wrote:if the Chinese come back with anything over 45m we should sell and get Gomez in asap or else we will fade away this season and it will be another wasted year.

sign Gomez and hopefully he fires us to 7th and Europe. also have a real go in the cup.
I'm not so sure this will be a wasted year wherever we end up in the league/cups. Pellegrini's bedded his policies into the squad, run his thumb over everyone, and will have a clear idea of where he wants to go in the summer.

If this was next January I think I'd buy it, but this January I'm kind of happy to sit with what we have. Re-integrate Arnie - the squad sounds like they would be happy for him to come back in anyway - and get him knuckled down. Failing that, blood Xande Silva a bit more as the second/third choice striker, use Antonio to replace Arnie - a step down, but the most like for like thing we can do in the squad - and plan for an early summer signing of an Arnie replacement.

I think if Arnie doesn't knuckle down, less clubs will be interested in him in the summer. So he's only really going to cost himself by not getting his head down, especially if he knows he has our blessing to move on in the summer.
The Old Man of Storr

hammerleroy wrote:Anyone notice our old friend Mr Fonte lasted just 7 matches in China? Now at Lille playing regularly and they are second in the French League. Like to keep an eye out for our former players! Just sayin'. :)
This is what I was one about as soon as I heard about the Chinese transfer , it was a ruse to join Chelsea , though I'm not sure how that would have worked with the not playing for more than two teams in one seaon rule .
Jedi Al Khalaas
Shut that door ...
Has liked: 126 likes
Total likes: 113 likes

Post by Jedi Al Khalaas »

Is running your thumb over someone still allowed in 2019? :o
Danny's Dyer Acting
Has liked: 642 likes
Total likes: 1853 likes

Post by Danny's Dyer Acting »

His transfer to China also made him the most expensive 34 year old in world football at £6m. Bit of trivia for you all there.
Estuary
Has liked: 278 likes
Total likes: 117 likes

Post by Estuary »

This is all a bit of a shame, he'll piss £300k a week up the wall in the same way he's done with £120k unless he gets help and guidance.
From a football point of view he's established himself as a top talent while at West Ham, probably the top outside the champions league sides and with him we have a real chance of nicking an FA Cup and of slipping into Europe, not to sure we can without him and what he brings to the side. T
he thing that's so hard for me to take is that we won't get a player anywhere near as talented nor so well suited to West Ham as Arnautovic for the money we get for him.

A waste of his talent, a wasted opportunity for us, all in all a crying shame of a lost opportunity for the supporters of the club.
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

same old west ham. just as it starts to look good it goes t*ts up !

west ham way !