Marko Arnautovic

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2660 likes
Total likes: 1197 likes

Re: Marko Arnautovic Signs

Post by EvilC »

lol
artlin

Post by artlin »

Made up newspaper bollox.

Seriously! :asleep:
The Sherriff
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 106 likes

Post by The Sherriff »

He showed a lot of disrespect to Stoke last season, he’ll do the same to us. The fans will do a complete 360 and he’ll be public enemy #1. Can hear the chants already of “one greedy b*stard”.

Take the emotion away, once he bruised his thumb against Watford he was a different player for us. Cant excuse or forget his first dozen games though.

Difficult to turn down a big fee for a 29year old, cant really blame him if he joins the likes of Man Utd. Foolish to think his perceived love for West Ham will over ride everything else.
PrawnSandwich

Post by PrawnSandwich »

artlin wrote:Made up newspaper bollox.

Seriously! :asleep:
I dunno about made up, she is quite good looking...
https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest ... m-transfer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by fmgod »

The Sherriff wrote:He showed a lot of disrespect to Stoke last season, he’ll do the same to us. The fans will do a complete 360 and he’ll be public enemy #1. Can hear the chants already of “one greedy b*stard”.
Agreed, just hope we get the right price for him 50mil and re-invest it prudently
OFT
Has liked: 3242 likes
Total likes: 1852 likes

Post by OFT »

A last big payday for his agent ? If they want it to happen we can only win here by getting a huge fee.
wizzo_66
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by wizzo_66 »

The Sherriff wrote:He showed a lot of disrespect to Stoke last season, he’ll do the same to us. The fans will do a complete 360 and he’ll be public enemy #1. Can hear the chants already of “one greedy b*stard”.

Take the emotion away, once he bruised his thumb against Watford he was a different player for us. Cant excuse or forget his first dozen games though.

Difficult to turn down a big fee for a 29year old, cant really blame him if he joins the likes of Man Utd. Foolish to think his perceived love for West Ham will over ride everything else.
He turned up in December. Totally unacceptable and one of the major reasons we lost a good manager and had to endure a pants one. Also why I didn't vote for him as Hammer of the Year.

However, he clearly has all the ability in the world and is a massive player for us. His attitude was bang on from December onwards and I'd be really reluctant to lose him. Just sends totally the wrong message. I'd be more convinced if we had a plan to spend the money. A player of his quality. Which is no easy task given he was basically playing like Ronaldo towards the end of the season.
Shy Ted
Has liked: 454 likes
Total likes: 188 likes

Post by Shy Ted »

Mourinho’s public condemnation of Arnautović’s attitude while at Inter.

Now Mourinho wants to sign according to paper talk and twitter bollox.

Stoke fans always saying it's Arnie brother always wanting more money that is the problem.

If he wants to go he will go.
Iron Alex
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Iron Alex »

I love Arnie but if Utd are prepared to pay 50 million for a 29 year old who scored 11 goals last season then they're ****ing mental.

15 years ago that kind of money signed you Zidane.
EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2660 likes
Total likes: 1197 likes

Post by EvilC »

Iron Alex wrote:I love Arnie but if Utd are prepared to pay 50 million for a 29 year old who scored 11 goals last season then they're ****ing mental.

Are you familiar with the term "inflation"?
Hammer1972
Has liked: 56 likes
Total likes: 209 likes

Post by Hammer1972 »

Iron Alex wrote:I love Arnie but if Utd are prepared to pay 50 million for a 29 year old who scored 11 goals last season then they're ****ing mental.

Maybe they'll sign Zidane as well....
the celestial insect

Post by the celestial insect »

I could imagine DS seeing Balotelli as a potential Arnie replacement, tbh.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1993 likes
Total likes: 1670 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Interestingly enough, Citeh are (allegedly) paying 60M for Mahrez who downed tools last season when he didn't get his wonderful move. Scored 12 goals (according to wiki)

2 years younger...that gives a benchmark ...

I say keep ............................we can't replace him as a forward or a player that get's the crowd on their feet. Him and Lanzini are on the same page when it comes to playing football. He's got more than just goals in him.

Reminds me of a Dean Ashton type with more pace.
goa127
Has liked: 454 likes
Total likes: 291 likes

Post by goa127 »

If he wants to go he'll go, because a sulky Arnie is no good. As regards his disrespect to Stoke last year, he really didn't start it. Hughes was publicly slagging him off right from day 1, culminating in that monumentally childish touchline spat at their place.
ironfireman

Post by ironfireman »

I hope it's paper bollox and nothing else! As much as £50 million would be great I honestly see Arnie becoming a club legend if he stays! If he can duplicate his recent form for 2 more seasons he will get near dicanio status! Arnie has a big ego and I sincerely hope he realizes that he can become and be remembered as a club legend! ...and not all about the money!
When your 60 years old and look back on your football career it won't be the money you sit and reminisce about it will be about the goals you scored and the fans singing and chanting your name, that is what makes your career special! Dicanio still adores west ham! Why? Because he was loved, worshiped and adored and that special feeling is why he has such an emotional connection with west ham and that will keep him going til his last breathe.
I'm pretty sure Arnie's ego will keep him here! Let see!
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2501 likes
Total likes: 4405 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

People really need to go back and watch the games beforehand again.

Watch Man U away and Soton (pre-red) and Spurs at home, Watford away......he was our most potent threat in every game.

He just needed one to go in, but let's be honest.....a huge number of people wanted to have a pop. The ones who were anti-Bilic, the ones who were anti-board......
e-20
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by e-20 »

50 mill sounds brilliant but I suspect the odds are well stacked against us finding, be it spent on one or more players a combination that matches what he achieved for most of last season. Possible, but money can be so easily wasted on hopeful/promising replacements without much success especially at West Ham. The only glimmer of hope is the Pelegrini effect ... If there is a positive one. We will know more in 3 mths I guess.
e17
Has liked: 294 likes
Total likes: 982 likes

Post by e17 »

A couple of years ago, it was “a cert” that Winston Reid was leaving and a fair few on here mugged the bloke off and revealed he was actually overrated/a **** based on a few Express & Mail “exclusives”

Might be worth learning from that & holding off on the knee jerk revision this time
Has liked: 53 likes
Total likes: 57 likes

Post by 1966 »

Frankly I'm getting too old to care about these despicable, over paid, under achieving 'sportsmen' who don't care about you, me and the club. We're a soft touch and agents know that. Football stinks.
Nesticles

Post by Nesticles »

Ah, I remember when Payet was originally “valued” at £50m

Barely got just over half that amount in the end