Marko Arnautovic

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6757 likes
Total likes: 2352 likes

Re: Marko Arnautovic Signs

Post by Colours never run »

The more you think about all this, the weirder it all gets to understand it.

If he did for arguments sake end up in China for the money, what a total waste of time and talent.

Did laugh (and join in) when many in the BML chanted what a **** his brother is. Truth probably does hurt but it needed to be said.
e17
Has liked: 293 likes
Total likes: 977 likes

Post by e17 »

Ozza - I honestly wonder how the internet would have reacted to Julian joining the scousers or Allen joining the Spuds back in the day

His brother is blatantly a bell, but it doesn’t make Arnie the dressing room’s new Stewart Robson.

All evidence suggests he’s a decent lad who might just like a lot more money.

Such is life. We won 4 on the trot without him, but he’s a cracking player who’s given his all for the last 12 months in C&B

He’s not suddenly the cockney Fred West
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2501 likes
Total likes: 4405 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Up the Junction wrote:There may indeed be a very good reason why MA needs to leave the UK post haste.
Another similarity to the Payet saga.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1858 likes
Total likes: 2107 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Same reason Gerrard didn't leave Liverpool?
Allegedly :wink:
southendmadhammer

Post by southendmadhammer »

GaryP wrote:
If its the reasons being banded about the net the fine, but he can still put in a transfer request and not having his brother spout b*llocks. That's my biggest issue. Do it properly and still give it 100% on the pitch. Today he didn't.
Is the correct answer.

Had to make do watching on tv today but it did give a different view.

Arnie stunk the place out - half arsed in everything he did. If you wanna go, fine - we’ve seen it all before - but he didnt give his all today and that is unforgiveable.

Thank you for the good times - but if you aint guna try anymore, just f*** off
WCpete
Has liked: 1496 likes
Total likes: 3201 likes

Post by WCpete »

Hugh Jargon II wrote:Will the players miss him off the pitch? He's apparently every bit as hard work to deal with as you'd imagine. Isn't it possible that team chemistry improves without him? And do we meed to replace him like for like? We need to replace his goals most importantly, but in the meantime, we do have players who can score.

We're going to be ok.

Sorry but you are completely wrong. He is very popular and influential off and on the pitch. As stated today by Wilshere.
By who?

Tbh, I'm just trying to find a way to spin all of this positively. If the stories doing the rounds are true then it's likely the players will be behind his motivations for leaving and his standing in the dressing room would remain in tact.

Nonetheless, you hear it both ways re: his influence. I can certainly see him as being a difficult character to deal with. And there's plenty written about that being the case. But id as you say that isn't the case, then that's a shame for us. Being a leader in the team is not a mantle he's worn at his other clubs. If he's grown up a bit with us, then it's a shame all of this has come about.

Anyhow, I have no animosity for him. I think we've got the best he can give and we got it without all of the drama and baggage that usually comes with him. But that period is over and I think it best he be granted his wish now whatever the motivation for his having this wish. I do believe we'll be fine without him. Wish he could stay. He's a good player. But we'll be fine.
Last edited by WCpete on Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Simply Moore

Post by Simply Moore »

If he wants to go we should insist he put in a transfer request waiving any right to a loyalty bonus, get £40m+ for him and go get someone that wants to be here. We seem to have a great spirit around the club at the moment, we don’t want anything or anyone upsetting that.

COYI :crest:
Last edited by Simply Moore on Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rasp
Has liked: 47 likes
Total likes: 51 likes

Post by Rasp »

Gary P wrote.
If anyone wants to cheer for him no problem but that does not make them 'proper fans'.

So you would have preferred us to boo him and say good riddance, as far as I am concerned whilst he wears the shirt he still deserves to be cheered the same as the rest and so we did and we are proper fans.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

My personal preference was just to ignore him, not that he did much good during the game today in a half arsed performance I feared would happen. Didn't boo, didn't really acknowledge him. If he decides to stay and get real again about wanting to fight for us in a WH shirt then he'll have my backing but if not, just hurry up and go this window so we can all move on. I didn't want it to be this way but it's of his and hid brothers own making.
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 770 likes

Post by Billydinho »

Sorry if it’s already been mentioned but we had a corner in the second half and he drifted to the back post and was signalling to someone in the boxes to call him and was waving to whoever was up there.

Whilst we had a corner.

Long this c*nt off now.
Rays Rock
Has liked: 46 likes
Total likes: 104 likes

Post by Rays Rock »

Up the Junction wrote: There may indeed be a very good reason why MA needs to leave the UK post haste. Can say no more at this stage.
Ahh okay.
Still, if he’s got problems in his private life that mean he can’t work here and his employers can’t help him with then it shouldn’t be at the employers expense.
Billydinho

Post by Billydinho »

Rasp wrote:Gary P wrote.
If anyone wants to cheer for him no problem but that does not make them 'proper fans'.

So you would have preferred us to boo him and say good riddance, as far as I am concerned whilst he wears the shirt he still deserves to be cheered the same as the rest and so we did and we are proper fans.
He’s only wearing the shirt because he has to.
Colours never run

Billydinho wrote:Sorry if it’s already been mentioned but we had a corner in the second half and he drifted to the back post and was signalling to someone in the boxes to call him and was waving to whoever was up there.

Whilst we had a corner.

Long this c*nt off now.
Yep, it was really odd behaviour. He did it a couple of times which just seemed odd especially at such a crucial moment in the game. He also wouldn't get involved in the box for corners, preferring to stay well away at the back post from play like he was making sure he was avoiding getting injured. The whole game watching him just seemed odd and in a big London derby it stuck out like a sore thumb.
The Moth

Post by The Moth »

Billydinho wrote:Sorry if it’s already been mentioned but we had a corner in the second half and he drifted to the back post and was signalling to someone in the boxes to call him and was waving to whoever was up there.

Whilst we had a corner.

Long this c*nt off now.

If that's true it says it all about the bloke in my opinion. We've got a good thing going with a team full of hard working talented pros and a proper togetherness, can't afford for this overgrown kid to try and undermine it. He either gets on board and puts is head down or he can do one.
Billydinho

Post by Billydinho »

Guarantee there was nothing wrong with him when he went off.
Ozza
Has liked: 943 likes
Total likes: 2392 likes

Post by Ozza »

Anyone point me in the direction of all these rumours and reasons for him going? PM pls
Billydinho

Post by Billydinho »

Weren’t there unconfirmed rumours about payet leaving in similar circumstances?
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 495 likes
Total likes: 1042 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

Can not believe for a second that someone earning what he is earning and such a high profile couldn’t get his security sorted.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 144 likes
Total likes: 2406 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

Payet got himself into a spot of bother of a different sort
Rasp
Has liked: 47 likes
Total likes: 51 likes

Post by Rasp »

Billydinho wrote:Weren’t there unconfirmed rumours about payet leaving in similar circumstances?
Yes! he had to play but he didn't did he.