Marko Arnautovic

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Ozza
Has liked: 944 likes
Total likes: 2390 likes

Re: Marko Arnautovic Signs

Post by Ozza »

bubbles1966 wrote:There are a variety of whispers around.

One theme that seems to underpin them - and this applied to Rice - is that some players have been underpaid their current value, especially in comparison to oft injured or bench warmers and it has created one or two issues.
I’ve thought that was the issue all along, Hernandez salary must have upset a few
Hammer83
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Post by Hammer83 »

One theme that seems to underpin them - and this applied to Rice - is that some players have been underpaid their current value, especially in comparison to oft injured or bench warmers and it has created one or two issues.
Hernandez 100k pw (plus goal bonus)
Wilshere 100k pw
Carroll 90k pw
Reid 70k pw

I am guessing it would be aimed at those players ?
Al Fisti
Has liked: 118 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Al Fisti »

If i read all the articles about this stupid Chinese Leagu, Arni must be insane to go there.

Many clubs don´t pay the salaries, all the stories of Tevez :lol: , 8 games ban for Oscar :hush: and many more.

This league has nothing to do with professional football!!!

He would soon be unhappy if he goes there.

I hope the rationaltiy wins.
hammer1975
Has liked: 978 likes
Total likes: 1144 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

Isn’t Chicharito on nearer £130k per week?

If Chelsea get Higuain, Wilson stick to £50m quote for Wilson, Man Utd no longer interested as Mourinho gone and Italian clubs don’t have big money - where does that leave us?

I’d sill prefer to keep him - but second preference would be a bidding war....which looks unlikely
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2677 likes
Total likes: 1779 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

Surely our owners wouldn't rather sell Mako for 35m than pay him what he's worth ?

Surely not ?
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2481 likes
Total likes: 4378 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

I think his brother would want to get the highest wage and commission possible, so there is a combination of factors at work possibly.... some justification in seeking a relative change plus some old fashioned greed.
Chicken Run Supreme
Has liked: 870 likes
Total likes: 855 likes

Post by Chicken Run Supreme »

I would like Arnie to stay at least till the end of the season. However if we had to lose one of either Arnie or Declan, it's a no brainer and I would wish him well in China.
goof

Post by goof »

As I said before in this thread, him engineering the move or the club. The worrying trend of us selling our best player/record signing every window continues, Payet, Ayew & Arnie. What would we have done without him at home to Brighton. We all no when he does go he won't be replaced, January not value for money etc, the summer window i thought we had turned a corner and the owners finally gave us a window to make up for the previous ones & a team fit for the stadium. Sell Arnie & Anderson gets injured & we are bang in trouble, the club stance from he will honour his contract & is not for sale, to Pellers saying we would see what happens is telling in my opinion.
Crossd_Hammrs
Has liked: 370 likes
Total likes: 221 likes

Post by Crossd_Hammrs »

Hammer83 wrote:Hernandez 100k pw (plus goal bonus)
Wilshere 100k pw
Carroll 90k pw
Reid 70k pw

I am guessing it would be aimed at those players ?
I think Perez is on a fair wedge too. He was supposedly on 80k pw at Arsenal.
simon1982
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 1 like

Post by simon1982 »

Hugh Jargon II wrote:I think arnie has played his last game for us. As long as the purchasing club stump up the asking price. He wants the money and we wont deny him.
Finance aside it's a terrible move for him. We have made him into a world class CF. As opposed to a decent winger at Stoke.
He is far from world class. Arnie is a good player but far to in consistent. I like him and think we’re better with him but we don’t have to rely on him like we’ve done with certain players over the years. There is definitely something else in this. Maybe he needs to go because he needs the money.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 856 likes
Total likes: 2017 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Is it really as petty that there is a chance that a player wants to leave because someone earns more than him? Hernandez had medals and a much better c.v. to point to, when his agent was negotiating his weekly wage. Man U and Real Madrid tend to raise more eyebrows, than Bremen and Stoke.

Sure, every single one of our players might wonder whether Reid's contract/salary is money well spent, but that's modern football for you.
hammer1975
Has liked: 978 likes
Total likes: 1144 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

I just can’t see anyone offering around the £60m (to us) which we should hold out for.

Should that not happen do we feel that a small payrise is justified - to bring him in line with our highest earner?
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 496 likes
Total likes: 1041 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

Is arnies brother an agent for anyone else? What was that article recently suggesting one agent at West Ham had too much influence? Was this connected.
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2677 likes
Total likes: 1779 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

Chicken Run Supreme wrote:I would like Arnie to stay at least till the end of the season. However if we had to lose one of either Arnie or Declan, it's a no brainer and I would wish him well in China.

Thing is it's not a choice between paying young Declan or paying Marko is it - there's been a huge mis-management of funds concerning wages paid to some players who hardly feature and contract extensions to players in their 30s [ Reid and Noble ] - this is down to the Owners , no one else .

Pay Marko what he's worth , he's still West Ham's Top Player , his wages should reflect that .
goof

Post by goof »

What I don't want is the club to drag this out for as long as possible if he is going, him not playing & us losing games without him in the squad will really make me angry. This is just going to happen every window with him here, what's the point of players signing contracts these days, they obviously mean nothing.
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9653 likes

Post by S-H »

Drag it out until the last day of the window, leaving us no time to buy a replacement, no surely not?

:arry:
Ozza
Has liked: 944 likes
Total likes: 2390 likes

Post by Ozza »

prophet:marginal wrote:Is it really as petty that there is a chance that a player wants to leave because someone earns more than him? Hernandez had medals and a much better c.v. to point to, when his agent was negotiating his weekly wage. Man U and Real Madrid tend to raise more eyebrows, than Bremen and Stoke.

Sure, every single one of our players might wonder whether Reid's contract/salary is money well spent, but that's modern football for you.
I’m not sure it’s petty and I’m not sure peoples previous mean anything to players, he’ll see himself as the main man and would at least want parity, I’m sure the fact that Hernandez is second to him in the starting line up and on a potential 40 / 50k pw gives him the royal hump, it would me
RedStar

Post by RedStar »

Morocco Mole wrote: And then there’s the fact that he’s a ****ing Serb.......with dough. :eh:
Unlike ****ing Morocco Mole... without dough... :eh:

Funny how for majority of people he was Austrian while everything was great while now, when he is about to leave, suddenly he's ****ing Serb.

For all those wondering why he chose to go to see his family just now: tonight is the Serbian New Year. We are Orthodox Christian s, which means we don't change stuff like calendar, so for us today is 31st December 2018.

Marko's brother is a **** and the winning titles excuse is laughable. But, who in the right mind wouldn't accept that kind of money? Those who don't like open market should try communism. Few decades of being state's slave would cure them of hating people who are choosing to do what's best for them.

Marko always gave 120% for West Ham in every game he played. If he doesn't continue to do so (or if he does Payet) then I will join the haters club. Until then, the only thing I am interested in is whether Stoke has 20% selling-on clause.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6762 likes
Total likes: 2354 likes

Post by Colours never run »

If I was a serious Footballer with equal talent, I wouldn't dream of playing in China at the peak of my career, as I'd value ambition over money, especially when I'm paid excellently already. And there's thousands of top flight players around the world who don't just value money above all else. Arnautovic clearly isn't one of them.
westlondonhammer
Has liked: 1077 likes
Total likes: 1381 likes

Post by westlondonhammer »

hammer1975 wrote:I just can’t see anyone offering around the £60m (to us) which we should hold out for.

Should that not happen do we feel that a small payrise is justified - to bring him in line with our highest earner?
Last January it was talks of Chelsea bidding, the summer his brother was publicly having meetings with Inter Milan... now the Chinese

Who will it be in the summer should he stay?

I don't believe we should sell him right now... he is our best (and most reliable) striker, but this disruption every window is becoming tiresome. Give him a payrise will it be any different in the summer or 12 months from now?

My view = Keep him for the rest of the season on the proviso we will accept a bid exceeding 45 million+ in the summer. Everyone then knows where they stand... we get a focused Arnie playing for a big club move between now and the end of the season, we can then play accordingly for the summer to replace him.