Marko Arnautovic

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

romfordneil
Has liked: 45 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Re: Marko Arnautovic Signs

Post by romfordneil »

I've no idea whether he will be a success here or not but it is almost worth signing him just for the outpouring of bitterness on Stoke's Oatcake forum. Wow, they really aren't very happy about him moving to us are they?! I mean, why would he want to move to London, to play for a bigger club in front of 57,000 every week and get a nice pay rise into the bargain, when he could stay at Stoke? For someone they now say is a waste of money, they don't half seem bothered about it :D
belgohammer

Post by belgohammer »

First hello's for Marko as the lads prepare to head out for Germany

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
YorksHammer
Has liked: 382 likes
Total likes: 1412 likes

Post by YorksHammer »

Looks like a kid on his first day at school.
Ladzini

Post by Ladzini »

This lad has a bit of attitude about him and to be honest I think we miss that in our team sometimes; someone like Nolan who is a bit of a nutter and got that edge to his game. We have a lot of 'top blokes' and 'great dressing room characters', but I think we need a maverick like him in the team. He isn't going to be scoring 20 goals a season but he is technically very gifted and should thrive in a system like ours alongside Lanzini and Chicha rather than Joe ****ing Allen and Peter Crouch.
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Post by fmgod »

He is nothing like Nolan, every player seems to compliment on Nolan being a great captain. Arnautovic is a prat but hopefully his grown up, still think we've been sold a dud here, he will provide some class moments but too inconsistently and is a numpty to boot. Hope I'm wrong but can't see this ending anyway bar tears. As I said I hope I'm wrong as the prospect of him linking up with Lanzini, Antonio, Ayew, Hernadez etc is mouth watering
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 498 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

Most Stoke players have said Arnautovic is a good guy to have around the dressing room to be fair. There's no evidence to suggest he's a "numpty" that I'm aware of.
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Post by fmgod »

HammerMan2004 wrote:Most Stoke players have said Arnautovic is a good guy to have around the dressing room to be fair. There's no evidence to suggest he's a "numpty" that I'm aware of.
Plenty of previous at Inter and then at the Euro's his team mates wouldn't pass to him or let him take free kicks. As I said hopefully it's all behind him,

Code: Select all

MARK Hughes has thanked Stoke City's dressing-room jokers for making new boy Marko Arnautovic feel at home in the Potteries.

Hughes has saluted the kind of British culture – even from some of his foreign players – which has helped steer Stoke through to a sixth Premier League campaign.

He says big characters within the club would have broken the ice with Arnautovic by taking him down a peg or two and taking the mickey about his colourful past, his wild hair and his dubious clothing.

"There's strong voices in the group that have been in this country for a long time, like Robert Huth, who are key elements to that.

"There's Ryan Shawcross as well, good pros who manage and police the dressing room.

"Marko was probably worried coming to a new dressing room, but because of the culture he has integrated well."
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 498 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

So doesn't that refer to when he was at Inter as a 21/22 year old?

Comments from his time at Stoke:

Etherington:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
He is actually a really nice lad and no problem in the changing room, had my last year at Stoke with him. That won't be a problem for me.
Charlie Adam:

https://talksport.com/football/west-ham ... ists-marko" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
He’s been terrific on the pitch and off the pitch as well.
Mark Hughes on Jose's comments that his attitude was poor:
“I think Jose was always aware of Marko’s talent. Obviously he worked with him at first-hand and clearly Marko was maybe a little bit different in terms of his view of his football life at the time.

“But he has matured. He’s a married man now with a kid and is a senior player in our group – which he never was when he worked with Jose in Milan.

“He is at a different point in his career and he has a different responsibility to our group than maybe he had at Milan. We have never seen that bad-boy image.

“Marko has come here and enjoyed the Premier League and what we have been able to give him, which is illustrated clearly by the fact that he has re-signed. That was a big moment for us.

“He’s a big personality and a big player for us. He’s been here almost as long as I have and has been a big part of what we have been able to achieve in the last three seasons.

“With Jose, they were in the same place at the same time but it wasn’t to be. It didn’t work out. But Marko is a more mature player and person now, which enables him to perform at a better level.”
belgohammer

Post by belgohammer »

Think he has a bit of attitude, he was best mate with Balotelli that alone speaks for itself.

But not unlike Balotelli I reckon its more of a facade than anything else, troubled boy who's in fact on the shy side and not really the mean type.

Nothing like an egomaniac nutter like Zlatan. Though I like that ****. :lol:
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by Jumby »

He's huge, that could really benefit us, attacking players like Antonio, Carroll and Arnie smashing opposing defenders around the shop.
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 866 likes
Total likes: 4270 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

We should be a huge threat from set pieces. Lanzini swinging them in.

Carroll, Arnautovic, Antonio, Reid, Ogbonna attacking them and Chicharito buzzing around to knock in the loose ball.
Happyhammer52
Has liked: 148 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by Happyhammer52 »

fmgod wrote:still think we've been sold a dud here, he will provide some class moments but too inconsistently and is a numpty to boot. Hope I'm wrong but can't see this ending anyway bar tears.
Must admit, I tend to agree with this.

Always thought he was a player who would turn up one game in five or six for Stoke. Seemed to go missing quite a lot.

My main concern is his lack of tracking back, and I think that is what a lot of fans will get the hump with is when he won't come back and help his full back out.
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by Jumby »

I like seeing players in claret and blue physically bullying the opposition, it warms my heart :)
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Jumby wrote:He's huge, that could really benefit us, attacking players like Antonio, Carroll and Arnie smashing opposing defenders around the shop.

Aye. He certainly won't be a soft touch like Tore, Feghouli have been when asked to play for us.

Full backs are now going to **** themselves when faced up with Arnautovic and Antonio charging towards them on either side. Opportunities for creating space for others if double teamed leaving an extra man free a lot of the time.
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1170 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

Lack of tracking back must be the most boring reason ever for citing a player as not good enough.

I care about what he does with the ball. We accommodated for Payet, we can do so again.

You need only read that Oatcake forum (not the bitter thread about him signing for us but virtually every other prior to the news he was leaving) and they almost unanimously praise him as their best and most influential player.
IG8Hammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by IG8Hammer »

I do rate him and think he's the type of player we need.

Until this season however would have had him down as a £8- £12m player, but things have gone a bit silly recently.
Happyhammer52
Has liked: 148 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by Happyhammer52 »

fjthegrey wrote:Lack of tracking back must be the most boring reason ever for citing a player as not good enough.

I care about what he does with the ball. We accommodated for Payet, we can do so again.

You need only read that Oatcake forum (not the bitter thread about him signing for us but virtually every other prior to the news he was leaving) and they almost unanimously praise him as their best and most influential player.
Unfortunately Arnautovic is nowhere close to Payet.
Side of Ham

Post by Side of Ham »

Thing is he offers that doubt that can be put in defenders heads of what will he do next, that can open up play in itself for your Lanzini's, Antonio's etc even if he's not on form that day.We've lacked this ability (since Payet went) for some players to be able to put fear in defenders decision making, they've had an easy ride from us (the opposition last season) Arnie will change that back imo.

He's matured, he's ready for a new challenge.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Spot on side of ham.
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1170 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

Happyhammer52 wrote:Unfortunately Arnautovic is nowhere close to Payet.
I'm willing to bet anything you like that Arnautovic is better for West Ham this season than Payet is.