Marko Arnautovic

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here
Has liked: 159 likes
Total likes: 1082 likes

Re: Marko Arnautovic Signs

Post by Rio »

griff123 wrote:The man deserves his own song surely?

Cue the KUMB community choir, breaking out a rendition of HMS Pinnafore.

Or something that sounds like Sloop John B
simonirons
Has liked: 372 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Post by simonirons »

MD_HM wrote:Didn’t Sullivan blame this signing on Bilic :lol:

Bet he regrets that interview!!!
Sure did, he only got involved in signings during Slavs first season, then he took a back seat for the other 2... Absolute joke of a man.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1165 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Today's 'Sun,' described him as Inky and Perky
goingunderground
Has liked: 39 likes
Total likes: 42 likes

Post by goingunderground »

Absolutely Hammered! wrote:Love the bloke.

Sadly... I think arnie and lanzini might not get on too well. Post match comments... “manu needs to be quiet now because he says I don’t pass to him to score goals”. Didn’t sound in jest either. Also neither celebrated eachothers goals. Hope I’ve made 5 out of 2 n 2.
Nothing more than dry humour/European banter. Both have said they both love playing with each other. Each it - best partnership we've had since Kitson and Hartson.
smuts
Has liked: 1493 likes
Total likes: 1429 likes

Post by smuts »

Bill wrote:His work rate has astounded me. Has single-handedly rescued our season in the last couple of months.
Have to wonder if Moyes told him a few home truths not long after he took over. He looks a different player.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6831 likes
Total likes: 2366 likes

Post by Colours never run »

At first when I heard we were going to sign him I was excited about him joining and doing the kind of things he now does with us. But I must admit, before his recent upturn in form I was getting concerned fearing it might not happen for us. Thankfully he's now regularly showing what he's all about and bith him and us fans have taken to each other and it looks like a really good fit. You can see it in the way he celebrates, he gets right involved. He just loves a crossed Hammers signal which is always heartening to see.

Keep up the great work! :thup:
Patito

Post by Patito »

Jinxed was right he's a maverick.
Scarhead

Post by Scarhead »

smuts wrote:Have to wonder if Moyes told him a few home truths not long after he took over. He looks a different player.
Had this thought myself, Moyes came here with quite a tarnished reputation after his last couple of jobs. Arnie could well have found himself going the same way if something didn't change.

If that is the case then fair play to Moyes, it's worked wonders.

Keep it up big man :thup:
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 343 likes
Total likes: 362 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

Love his attitude now, with his skill set, coupled with his energy/workrate now, he is pretty unplayable to most of the PL's back 3-4.

Keep it up please Arnie :thup:
kenthammer1984
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 80 likes

Post by kenthammer1984 »

i am surprised with how much pace he has. strength is there in abundance too! long may his current form continue :thup:
Absolutely Hammered!
Has liked: 62 likes
Total likes: 254 likes

Post by Absolutely Hammered! »

My quote about there being a issue between arnie and lanzini (which has had a fair few replies on ) clearly isn’t a thing so can ignore that. After I posted it I saw a bunch of clips on them laughing and hugging post match which disproved that.

On a separate note, the Austrian national team owe moyes and west ham a big thank you as there’s no way they can play him as a winger now.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6831 likes
Total likes: 2366 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Where I will give Moyes a lot of credit is making an inspired decision to play Arnautovic up top. It's not a position that you'd usually associate with him as he's mostly played as a wide Forward but pkaying him central so it allows him to go in any direction means he's always in the game being a nuisance to the opposition. Where it leaves all the other Strikers I don't know and maybe this is just a temporary move but whilst he's been playing there doing well, I wouldn't change it in a hurry either whilst he's in the groove.
Al Fisti
Has liked: 115 likes
Total likes: 30 likes

Post by Al Fisti »

Does anbody know which place Arni has reached at the "PL Player of the month" vote?
Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 531 likes
Total likes: 405 likes

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

Such a West Ham type of player. He's gone from dogshit to unplayable :D

I think he is really enjoying his football and revelling in being the main man up top. He's a pleasure to watch and he seems to get us fans. Keep it up Marko!
mushy
Has liked: 629 likes
Total likes: 833 likes

Post by mushy »

Antonio could learn a lot from this guy.
See how Arnautovic uses his body (and especially his arse) to shield the ball from defenders and push past them using upper body strength.
Does he ever get knocked off the ball?
Antonio has a similar build but doesnt use it to any worthwhile effect, for a man of his size he should be using his brains and body in a similar way to Arnie.
Its about time we had some strength in this team, if you add in pace and skill we have ended up with a top all rounder here, who can also hit the back of the net.
Build the team him I say.
The Green Man
Has liked: 59 likes
Total likes: 135 likes

Post by The Green Man »

mushy wrote:Antonio could learn a lot from this guy.
See how Arnautovic uses his body (and especially his arse) to shield the ball from defenders and push past them using upper body strength.
Does he ever get knocked off the ball?
Antonio has a similar build but doesnt use it to any worthwhile effect, for a man of his size he should be using his brains and body in a similar way to Arnie.
Its about time we had some strength in this team, if you add in pace and skill we have ended up with a top all rounder here, who can also hit the back of the net.
Build the team him I say.
To be fair Antonio was doing all the right things until the back end of last season when he was on the wing. He's not got the brains to be a striker which is never what he has tried to be tbf.

I think he's been found out a bit, you just need to step off him a bit as a LB as he pushes the ball miles forward and then chases after it pushing you out the way.

Most defenders have just stood off him and he usually makes the wrong option and miscontrols or makes the wrong pass. He doesn't really have the intelligence to make use of the extra space.

That and Antonio hasn't looked fully fit either this whole season tbh but there's always been a question mark about his footballing sense.
Hamsta
Has liked: 305 likes
Total likes: 68 likes

Post by Hamsta »

Got an Ashton vibe about him in this form

:crest:
JLCABA
Has liked: 203 likes
Total likes: 160 likes

Post by JLCABA »

Hamsta wrote:Got an Ashton vibe about him in this form

Exactly what I said Saturday

Cant say I will ever worship him as much as Graham Paddon but can see this chap getting in my all time top ten if he continues to perform to his current form :scarfer:
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 828 likes
Total likes: 1963 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Hamsta wrote:Got an Ashton vibe about him in this form

I know this will prompt cries of sacrilege, but I reckon that, on his day, Arnautovic is better than Ashton.

He's just stronger, basically, and equally skilfull.
DaveWHU1964
Has liked: 1294 likes
Total likes: 676 likes

Post by DaveWHU1964 »

Somebody brought Macca into the conversation regarding Arnie. They were right to.

I'll mention another old, gifted, charismatic maverick - PDC - I think there's similarities between these two too, principally that Di Canio was always a terrific player but when he came here his game elevated. It was like he'd found THE exact club for him - the chemistry was just right for him to personally thrive.

I wonder if history is repeating itself. Arnie was always a decent player for Stoke but I doubt any club has seen him perform to the level he's playing at here. Unless this is the most purple of purple of patches the man has found HIS club and consequently has stepped up significantly.