Marko Arnautovic

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Mark32

Re: Marko Arnautovic Signs

Post by Mark32 »

Stoke have confirmed the finances of the deal
STOKE CITY can confirm the permanent departure of Marko Arnautovic to West Ham United.

The Club will pocket a guaranteed £20M from the sale whilst an additional £5M will be paid by the Hammers providing certain conditions are met.
http://www.stokecityfc.com/news/marko-moves-on" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
aaronhammer
Has liked: 168 likes
Total likes: 38 likes

Post by aaronhammer »

Another good signing to improve us, welkumb Marko!
Hayden
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by Hayden »

I haven't seen him putting up the crossed Hammers yet... It's not official. When he turns round in the video at the end I thought he was going to do it but alas, crossed arms.
The Head of Brooking
Has liked: 38 likes
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by The Head of Brooking »

davids cross wrote:I think he's gonna be a stroppy, high maintenance loon..............with loads of ability.

I'm strapping myself in....Image
The real West Ham way.

My kind of player, welcome Marko.
belgohammer

Post by belgohammer »

Hayden wrote:I haven't seen him putting up the crossed Hammers yet... It's not official. When he turns round in the video at the end I thought he was going to do it but alas, crossed arms.
You just wait for that first goal... 8-)
Iron-worx

Post by Iron-worx »

The board take a lot of flak but deserve credit here, this is a good signing :thup:
arlhe
Has liked: 235 likes
Total likes: 178 likes

Post by arlhe »

Welcome, Arnie. Bring a few smiles to the fans next season and that'll do for me.
AnthraxDave
Has liked: 106 likes
Total likes: 151 likes

Post by AnthraxDave »

Great signing. I've always rated him :scarfer:
Vince
Has liked: 62 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by Vince »

davids cross wrote:I think he's gonna be a stroppy, high maintenance loon..............with loads of ability.

I'm strapping myself in....Image

I think he is going to be very well liked with our lot. We like a head case. We have a soft under belly and need a few nutters on the pitch.
Hugh Jargon
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 475 likes

Post by Hugh Jargon »

Looking forward to a front 3 Inc this bloke and Antonio wide. Pace, power decent quota of goals...with henandez or Carroll in the middle.
Vince
Has liked: 62 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by Vince »

Hugh Jargon II wrote:Looking forward to a front 3 Inc this bloke and Antonio wide. Pace, power decent quota of goals...with henandez or Carroll in the middle.
If all 4 were on the pitch at the same time, we would bully most defences.The knock on's Hernandez would get would be great to see.
Alfiehammer

Post by Alfiehammer »

I'm really happy about this. A massive upgrade on snodgrass (hopefully he can be sold for some decent wonga now). I see arnie as a better version of a zarate type player. He'll have a few off days (they all do) but will deliver some memorable moments and goals and improve us. Fee was a bit high, but then they all are (30 million quoted for 32 year old llorente).

Giving this 8/10
Westaam

Post by Westaam »

The view from Stoke:

"[Y]ou'll know after five minutes of every game whether Arnie will play well or not. It sets the tone. You wait and see. He's a good player who can't finish and although he wants to take every set piece his shooting and delivery are poor."

"It's sad because, despite legitimate arguments regarding inconsistency, he is one of those rare players who always has a moment of magic in him."
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 866 likes
Total likes: 4270 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

It's a bit annoying that social media is putting this out as if we've bought him for £25m. It's only £5m but for some reason £20m sounds much more acceptable. The rest only gets paid if we make Europe, and would then be worth it!

Nice to have another player that's capable of kicking it into the goal from outside the box. Let's not forget how many we've had in recent memory that literally could not do that.
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 500 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

He's a better player, or a more exciting player, than Snodgrass and Feghouli. It should also spell the end of Lanzini on the left. Can't complain.
Hammer1972
Has liked: 57 likes
Total likes: 213 likes

Post by Hammer1972 »

Westaam wrote:The view from Stoke:

"[Y]ou'll know after five minutes of every game whether Arnie will play well or not. It sets the tone. You wait and see. He's a good player who can't finish and although he wants to take every set piece his shooting and delivery are poor."

"It's sad because, despite legitimate arguments regarding inconsistency, he is one of those rare players who always has a moment of magic in him."
Maybe he just couldn't be arsed to raise his game for Stoke... 8-)
Westaam

Post by Westaam »

HammerMan2004 wrote:He's a better player, or a more exciting player, than Snodgrass and Feghouli. It should also spell the end of Lanzini on the left. Can't complain.
Playing Lanzini on the left is one of Bilic's various complete idiocies, so let's hope you're right.

But Feghouli in the last home game of last season was jaw-droppingly good. If Arnautovic is better than that, then all well and good.

The only shame of Arnautovic on the left is that Antonio would score so many more goals cutting inside from the left and shooting with his right foot. He used to do it all the time for Forest. Cutting in from the right and shooting with his left foot just doesn't happen. It's going to be frustrating watching Arnautovic cutting inside from the left and firing off wayward shots that Antonio might put away.
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 866 likes
Total likes: 4270 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

I had the privilege of finding myself on Oatcake in the immediate aftermath of Jinxed first dropping knowledge.

They were almost unanimous in a belief that Arnautovic was their best player, and that it was absolutely hilarious to even contemplate that he'd make a barely sideways move to West Ham.

The reality started to kick in as the deal got closer and all of a sudden, he's a generally lazy, **** player that turns up two or three times a season.
Westaam

Post by Westaam »

Hammer1972 wrote: Maybe he just couldn't be arsed to raise his game for Stoke... 8-)
Well, the salient point about the different pond that is West Ham is how will he respond to being a big fish alongside other big fishes like Chicharito? Is he going to revert to throwing his rattle out of the pram?

It was Mourinho at Inter who said Arnautovic had the mentality of a child. With the pressure of London and the Hammers, is his progress over the last few years mentality-wise going to unravel?

I am really not looking forward to seeing him repeatedly trying to snatch the ball off Lanzini twenty-five yards out and having a temper tantrum when the other players don't throw out rose petals for him.
Westaam

Post by Westaam »

Aztec Hammer wrote:I had the privilege of finding myself on Oatcake in the immediate aftermath of Jinxed first dropping knowledge.

They were almost unanimous in a belief that Arnautovic was their best player, and that it was absolutely hilarious to even contemplate that he'd make a barely sideways move to West Ham.

The reality started to kick in as the deal got closer and all of a sudden, he's a generally lazy, **** player that turns up two or three times a season.
I hope you're right. Here are three more views from Oatcake:

"He only ever cuts inside, never beating a defender on the outside. His shots and crossing is more often than not wayward."

"Well, for what its worth, I was entertained and excited every time Arnie got the ball."

"Arnie was **** the first season he was with us. A bit better the second. Great the third. Last season it was obvious he wanted to go. £24 million for a player as inconsistent and unpredictable as Arnie is a good deal."