Javier Hernandez Signs

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

bristolhammerfc
Has liked: 212 likes
Total likes: 667 likes

Re: Javier Hernandez Signs

Post by bristolhammerfc »

Hernandez should go where he is told to and check who pays into his bloated bank account every week.

Fed up to the back teeth with players whinging about where they want to play. Spoilt entitled brats.

Snodgrass is playing where he wants in terms of position and has been awful. Antonio gets his chance on the wing and still runs down blind alleys, forgetting to look up for the cross. Its interesting that all these players who know how they play best don't go into management or make a pigs ear of it.

Its called West Ham United not Hernandez united.
MD_HM
Has liked: 35 likes
Total likes: 343 likes

Post by MD_HM »

SRXT wrote:Why can't he just play arguably one of our best players, track record wise and whatever else, in his best position, something West Ham has been crying out for for years, a decent striker! If you want a big lad in a front three, why not use Arno?
The only time in the last 3 years Carroll being injured would make us stronger upfront.... oh the irony :D
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 525 likes
Total likes: 1319 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

bristolhammerfc wrote:Hernandez should go where he is told to and check who pays into his bloated bank account every week.

Fed up to the back teeth with players whinging about where they want to play. Spoilt entitled brats.
I'm not so sure Hernandez has even complained? It's mainly fans and now media making a deal out of it so has forced Bilic to make a point about talking to him and that he's fine.
SRXT
Has liked: 54 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by SRXT »

MD_HM wrote:The only time in the last 3 years Carroll being injured would make us stronger upfront.... oh the irony
Jesus wept. Bugger the team can we please just see what a striker looks like. :lol:
Paddy O'Hammer
Has liked: 511 likes
Total likes: 166 likes

Post by Paddy O'Hammer »

bristolhammerfc wrote:Hernandez should go where he is told to and check who pays into his bloated bank account every week.

HammerMan2004 wrote:I'm not so sure Hernandez has even complained? It's mainly fans and now media making a deal out of it so has forced Bilic to make a point about talking to him and that he's fine.
THIS!

How do we know the player is "upset"? Bilic could have just said what he said to shut up the keyboard warrior fans and the cut and paste "journalists" for at least 5 mins (until they forget and then someone starts it going all over again!).

Why do so many everywhere believe everything that see and read on their phone.

As Abraham Lincoln and Einstein both said "Don't believe everything you see on the internet"
Ben
Location: Overdue warning for being a twat on the rumours thread
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 136 likes

Post by Ben »

bristolhammerfc wrote: Antonio gets his chance on the wing and still runs down blind alleys, forgetting to look up for the cross. Its interesting that all these players who know how they play best don't go into management or make a pigs ear of it.
do you think he should be playing right back?
bristolhammerfc

I believe if that's where the manager wants him to play, that's where he should play.

Its what he's paid to do and what the manager is paid to do.

We don't see him in training everyday or here what the manager says to him.
bristolhammerfc

Paddy O'Hammer wrote:
THIS!

How do we know the player is "upset"? Bilic could have just said what he said to shut up the keyboard warrior fans and the cut and paste "journalists" for at least 5 mins (until they forget and then someone starts it going all over again!).

Why do so many everywhere believe everything that see and read on their phone.

As Abraham Lincoln and Einstein both said "Don't believe everything you see on the internet"
I didn't say he was "upset", I said all players should. I said I was fed up with players stating where they wanted to play as Antonio has publicly and as Snodgrass has publicly
NottingHammer6
Has liked: 1 like

Post by NottingHammer6 »

bristolhammerfc wrote: Antonio gets his chance on the wing and still runs down blind alleys, forgetting to look up for the cross. .
I think antonio is the least of our problems
Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here
Has liked: 164 likes
Total likes: 1112 likes

Post by Rio »

Ben wrote:do you think he should be playing right back?
No. But as a wing back in a 3-4-3 or 3-5-2/5-3-2 he should excel.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 144 likes
Total likes: 2406 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

Antonio has the physicality for wing back, but not really any of the other attributes IMHO.
People always refer to moses but he is playing in a team with superb defenders and Kante, plus Alonso on the other flank. Piece of piss from a defensive point of view.
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 525 likes
Total likes: 1319 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

I thought it was widely agreed by the fanbase at the time when Antonio went to right back that is was going to work because his delivery in the final third has always been his weakest attribute. We all thought his pace, power and energy would make him lethal bombing down the wing and just being around the box with Payet whipping balls in from the left.

It was only after a couple of defensive errors did people freak out and start applying pressure to everyone that would listen.

Don't think you can compare the situation to Hernandez, we've changed our shape to resolve defensive woes and it's worked. Slaven should be given credit considering most people's complaints about him is his stubbornness. Once we're stable, I'm sure he'll do what he can to get Hernandez back where he "prefers" to be.

Snodgrass can do one though.
Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here
Has liked: 164 likes
Total likes: 1112 likes

Post by Rio »

And we're drifting off topic. Back to Hernandez please
Ifebbubbles

Post by Ifebbubbles »

Hockley Hammer wrote:I was at Arsenal last night and they lined up with the big man in the middle (Giroud) and Sanchez on the left and Walcott on the right.

It was interesting watching them play. They got the ball to Sanchez at every opportunity or he went looking for the ball. He went outside very few times, cut in or went across the pitch, often played it into Giroud and ran off him for the return. He did very little defensively.

I can't see why it it a problem if Hernandez has to play there at times If we get the ball to him quickly he will have space to run into with the ball, as he is a forward he will know the positions to take up in the box.

We seem to have been moaning for years about players being played out of position on the left. Ironically I thought Snodgrass would finally put that right and that turned out poorly, in my opinion we played him on the wrong side too often..

I cant see why sometimes we can't get a smaller forward to play on the left and do a job and then on other times play him through the middle playing off somebody.

Lanzini seems comfortable doing it but you want your most creative player central most of the time.
Totally incomparable. Sanchez joined Arsenal as a winger where he's played most of his career. Hernandez is the fox in the box weve all been crying out for. And he's stuck on the flipping wing.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 2017 likes
Total likes: 1496 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Snodgrass is playing where he wants in terms of position and has been awful. Antonio gets his chance on the wing and still runs down blind alleys, forgetting to look up for the cross. Its interesting that all these players who know how they play best don't go into management or make a pigs ear of it.

Its called West Ham United not Hernandez united.
Why did WHU buy Hernandez?

I'm gonna guess and say to score goals and he is a centre forward with a good pedigree of doing so. I'm not a statistician, but I reckon the vast amount of those goals were scored playing as a centre forward. So if our manager and our club want to benefit from having a player of his quality on the pitch then he has to play where he is most likely to be effective. Otherwise what was the point in buying him in the first place?
Danny's Dyer Acting
Has liked: 646 likes
Total likes: 1858 likes

Post by Danny's Dyer Acting »

Ifebbubbles wrote:Totally incomparable. Sanchez joined Arsenal as a winger where he's played most of his career. Hernandez is the fox in the box weve all been crying out for. And he's stuck on the flipping wing.
Go back a couple of pages. You'll see images that prove you're still wrong.
bristolhammerfc

westham,eggyandchips wrote: Why did WHU buy Hernandez?

I'm gonna guess and say to score goals and he is a centre forward with a good pedigree of doing so. I'm not a statistician, but I reckon the vast amount of those goals were scored playing as a centre forward. So if our manager and our club want to benefit from having a player of his quality on the pitch then he has to play where he is most likely to be effective. Otherwise what was the point in buying him in the first place?
Ironically, he has spent more time on the subs bench in his career than on the pitch. The manager would have known the system he wanted to play and where he thought he would be most effective.
Aceface
Has liked: 376 likes
Total likes: 1472 likes

Post by Aceface »

The reason we're struggling to play him is because of Bilic's almost complete inability to avoid shipping goals without a bank of 5 at the back. The knock on effect of that insurance policy is that we then can't comfortably accommodate our most storied player in the position that maximizes his outstanding, but narrow, talents.

I say this as someone who likes him a great deal even now, but it's becoming clear that Slav's limitations are starting to impact on the full potential of the assembled parts.
Aceface
Has liked: 376 likes
Total likes: 1472 likes

Post by Aceface »

bristolhammerfc wrote: Ironically, he has spent more time on the subs bench in his career than on the pitch.
The subs bench at Real Madrid and Fergie's Manchester United, but you know that.
chalks
Sliding down his pole
Has liked: 701 likes
Total likes: 1636 likes

Post by chalks »

Hernandez is an impact player for me, better off the bench with tiring defence's

Reason he hasn't looked the player everyone desired when he signed is because he's another of these players who's best years are behind him, in my opinion.