Javier Hernandez Signs

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here
Has liked: 164 likes
Total likes: 1112 likes

Re: Javier Hernandez Signs

Post by Rio »

Fyodor wrote: The team eventually scoring does not mean Bilic did not lessen its chances of getting the win by subbing Chico off.

In other words, the team scored in spite of his absence, and not because of it.
:asleep:

Utter utter utter nonsense
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 782 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

Fyodor wrote:The team eventually scoring does not mean Bilic did not lessen its chances of getting the win by subbing Chico off.

swansea hadn't conceded an away goal all season, getting a clean sheet at spurs last time of asking.

odds were well and truly against us scoring a goal in those last ten minutes and any other combination of circumstances would have likely seen swansea hold on for another point.
chalks
Sliding down his pole
Has liked: 701 likes
Total likes: 1636 likes

Post by chalks »

Fyodor wrote:
The team eventually scoring does not mean Bilic did not lessen its chances of getting the win by subbing Chico off.

dear oh dear

4 posts. Thank f*** your not a regular
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 948 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

Scratchy wrote:Why is everyone so quick to believe a newspaper that makes the Sun look like the Times?
Whilst I like the idea of what u say it seriously needs addressing that people take the times as a good paper

It is owned by the sun

Still run by Murdock

Means is full of tripe
goingunderground
Has liked: 39 likes
Total likes: 42 likes

Post by goingunderground »

Fyodor wrote:
Man, you need to lie down.

I've seen some bonkers posts on here before, but this is digitalised madness.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6757 likes
Total likes: 2352 likes

Post by Colours never run »

There was no doubt in my mind when watching the 2nd half unfold early on, that we would have stood a better chance of scoring earlier had Hernandez stayed on with Sakho coming on for Carroll. Thankfully it didn't cost us the win as we eventually crawled over the line in the last minute but it could have been more comfortable had he made the sub sooner and for the Striker that actually deserved taking off around the hour mark.
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 336 likes
Total likes: 357 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

We won though colours and the sub scored. Your post is just assumption, the fact is the sub scored and we got 3 points.

I also think our little pea is actually a medium sized pea, I am sure he is carrying a little timber. That is not to say I am overchuffed we got him!
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Of course it's an assumption, it doesn't mean it wouldn't have been the case though. We can argue the toss either way, but my personal belief was we would have stood a better chance of winning much earlier than we did if it was to pan out that way. I was happy enough we eventually won by bringing Sakho and Masuaku on late, I just wish Bilic comes to the conclusion much sooner instead of making it harder work for himself which he's been guilty of in the past.
e17
Has liked: 294 likes
Total likes: 979 likes

Post by e17 »

Colours never run wrote:Of course it's an assumption, it doesn't mean it wouldn't have been the case though. We can argue the toss either way, but my personal belief was we would have stood a better chance of winning much earlier than we did if it was to pan out that way. I was happy enough we eventually won by bringing Sakho and Masuaku on late, I just wish Bilic comes to the conclusion much sooner instead of making it harder work for himself which he's been guilty of in the past.
Have to take into consideration the form of the opposition, we are talking about a team who held Spurs to 0-0 before us, and who have had a run of very very tight wins or losses before that.

I agree on the Sakho for Carroll opinion, but at the same time Carroll was a post away from proving Bilic's decision right in the 85th minute.
Fyodor

Post by Fyodor »

Colours never run wrote:Of course it's an assumption, it doesn't mean it wouldn't have been the case though. We can argue the toss either way, but my personal belief was we would have stood a better chance of winning much earlier than we did if it was to pan out that way. I was happy enough we eventually won by bringing Sakho and Masuaku on late, I just wish Bilic comes to the conclusion much sooner instead of making it harder work for himself which he's been guilty of in the past.
This.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

best winger we've had in ages!
YorksHammer
Has liked: 383 likes
Total likes: 1415 likes

Post by YorksHammer »

Looks like we might be looking for at least a new partner for him - http://www.squawka.com/news/liverpool-b ... kid4fXO.97" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Turns to Stone
Has liked: 234 likes
Total likes: 1521 likes

Post by Turns to Stone »

The problem is not where Hernandez is playing, but the way we're playing. Many of you may have noticed, that not only is Hernandez being pulled out wide, but so too is Carroll. The only thing more ridiculous than Hernandez whipping a cross in, is Carroll. And that it happening because the team is not setting down into a formation and not used to the runs that each other are making.

we're missing Lanzini for sure, he's the glue that makes it work, he moves defence into attack. but we're also lacking width. Carroll and Hernandez are being dragged out there because invariably, we are players who all want to be coming inside - Ayew, Antonio, Arnautovic when played with Carroll and Hernandez are constantly coming infield looking for the ball that the only space on the pitch is on the flanks where Carroll and Hernandez then go hunting for the ball.

The 4-4-2 against Swansea was never going tow work as Antonio and Ayew were supposed to provide the extra width, but didn't. They kept coming infield to create a shooting chance or to get the ball which caused congestion. For me the solution is straightforward and that is three at the back with Antonio and Masuaku as wing-backs. They provide the width, the three at the back are protected by any two of Kouyate, Noble, Obiang or Rice and you can then pick the three forward players most suited to the play the opposition. Sometimes it will be Hernandez and Carroll with Lanzini in behind. Sometimes it will be Ayew and Lanzini in behind Hernandez. And sometimes it will be Carroll with Arnautovic and Lanzini off him.

If you were to bring in Zabaleta, Kouyate or Rice as the third centre-back (in place of Fonte) you then have a player who can move into the midfield region when we are attacking. So many times this season, we have ended up with Fonte as the spate man, but without the ability to use the ball well enough.

We have 5 or 6 excellent forward players, who are all intelligent enough to work independently and with each other, but they need time to play with each other and they also need good ball and space to work with. Two wing backs would allow them that, and whilst Antonio and Masuaku may not be the perfect fit, I think their energy and ability to get to the byline with their pace, makes them ideal solutions. I also think that our midfield looks better with three behind them and the centre-backs look more comfortable as a three. This would be my team for the Burnley game:-

------------------------------------Hart

--------------Fonte--------------Reid-----------Zabaleta

Antonio---------------Noble------------Kouyate-------------Masuaku

-------------Lanzini----------------------------Arnautovic

--------------------------------Hernandez

And what a joy to have Ayew, Sakho and Carroll on the bench if needed.
Colours never run

Turns to Stone wrote:The problem is not where Hernandez is playing, but the way we're playing. Many of you may have noticed, that not only is Hernandez being pulled out wide, but so too is Carroll. The only thing more ridiculous than Hernandez whipping a cross in, is Carroll.

This really bugged me watching the Swansea game unfold and for the life of me couldn't understand indeed got angry with the site of Carroll effectively dropping deep in to midfield and occasionally drift out hugging the touchline actively looking to swing in crosses when it should be him on the end of them. I couldn't work out whether he was under strange strict orders (found that hard to believe but possible), or actually just Carroll getting frustrated and going hunting for the ball. Either way it was at that point late in the first half, I wanted Carroll subbed so to take out the concern going on any longer and couple Hernandez up top with Sakho instead. Fortunately it didn't cost us the win in the end although it certainly helped with the pitiful opposition we faced on the day unable to capitalise on our problems that day. I don't want to see it happen again going forward as it was doing no one any favours. The cohesion of the team needs constantly working on and hopefully the team will gradually gel much better even if it's 1 up top, 2 up top, or 3 up top.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 813 likes
Total likes: 3033 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Very disappointed to observe a player - probably our highest earning player in history - spitting the dummy when getting hauled off yesterday .

Totally disrespectful to his team mates, Managers and supporters .
Denzil
Has liked: 358 likes
Total likes: 529 likes

Post by Denzil »

TTS, Antonio is not a right wing back. We’ve found that out many a time.
Dicks' Thunderbolt

Post by Dicks' Thunderbolt »

Did anyone else notice Hernandez still moaning to Lanzini when he was subbed off? I hope I'm wrong but he could be the one that upsets the apple cart.

If you get subbed off respect the decision and try to play better next game, so that you last 90 mins. The last thing we need now is him complaining to all those that will listen and undermine the manager, that's how dressing rooms are lost.

Correct tactical decision by Slav yesterday, I was surprised he left it as long as he did.
MD_HM
Has liked: 35 likes
Total likes: 343 likes

Post by MD_HM »

He was brought as the star striker we have been waiting to arrive for the last couple of years

I fully expected us to play to his strengths as he is a natural goalscorer

So far we haven't done that, partly due to not being able to get the right players on the pitch at the same time

Yesterday we could have done that... we didn't and opted for Carroll again

I can understand his frustration as he cares and wants to score... which is a good thing

He has come forward and said he is happy, so maybe just passion oppose to disrespect

It's just as annoying for us as if Carroll hadn't of been sent off we might have seen something else occur

Hopefully Friday will be the turning point and when we finally get he players on the field that can connect
ludo22
Has liked: 16 likes
Total likes: 133 likes

Post by ludo22 »

the pink palermo wrote:Very disappointed to observe a player - probably our highest earning player in history - spitting the dummy when getting hauled off yesterday .

Or you could argue that he is so keen to play and do well,he is hugely disappointed to be subbed.I am never to upset to see a player react like that.At least he gives a f***.
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 78 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

the pink palermo wrote:Very disappointed to observe a player - probably our highest earning player in history - spitting the dummy when getting hauled off yesterday .

This sort of thing is becoming very predictable now mate.

Anyway, I've settled our bet.