Javier Hernandez Signs

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

wizzo_66
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 32 likes

Re: Javier Hernandez Signs

Post by wizzo_66 »

One of his worst performances in a west ham shirt.

Really looked like he didn't want to be there.

For all the circus around Arnie, at least when he takes to the field his tempo his high and he tries to make a mark on the game.

I'm not sure Hernandez got as far as sprinting. He wouldn't have broken a sweat.
hammer1975
Has liked: 934 likes
Total likes: 1089 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

Wizzo :thup:
westlondonhammer
Has liked: 1049 likes
Total likes: 1331 likes

Post by westlondonhammer »

wizzo_66 wrote:One of his worst performances in a west ham shirt.

For all the circus around Arnie, at least when he takes to the field his tempo his high and he tries to make a mark on the game.

I'm not sure Hernandez got as far as sprinting. He wouldn't have broken a sweat.
100%

8 million seems good money now.
mattyD
Has liked: 268 likes
Total likes: 316 likes

Post by mattyD »

Spot on.
jastons
Has liked: 885 likes
Total likes: 837 likes

Post by jastons »

Can anyone confirm that he was on the pitch for the second half?
Croydon
Location: This club is not run like a circus any more; it's run like a proper football club.
Has liked: 330 likes
Total likes: 591 likes

Post by Croydon »

jastons wrote:Can anyone confirm that he was on the pitch for the second half?
Honestly thought he was subbed, but he was there somewhere apparently
Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here
Has liked: 159 likes
Total likes: 1080 likes

Post by Rio »

Hate to say I told you so....
hammer1975

Post by hammer1975 »

If we’ve genuinely been offered £8m for him and £10m for Obiang we must be able to identify a decent central mid to sign for £15m and less than £200k weekly wages.....

If we don’t have a list of targets then you have to wonder what our scouting department has been doing (for the last two years...)
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

You have to question why the manager played him when his head's clearly not on his game, whilst flirting wildly with Valancia. He should have been left out the side along with Arnautovic until their situations are resolved which seems to be likely sold.
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

Hernandez is off and should not have been played last night. should have picked silva with carthorse.

Hernandez 8-10m get rid
obiang 10m oxford 8m

there is some money to spend

get rid of ogbonna as he is shaky at best and awful last night 5-10m
Hammersfaniow
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 30 likes

Post by Hammersfaniow »

wizzo_66 wrote:One of his worst performances in a west ham shirt.

You clearly didn’t see Arnautovic’s performance against Arsenal then I take it

I’m a big fan of Hernandez but admittedly he was very poor, but none more so than at least 5 or 6 others I think. Should we just sell all them all ? Actually, don’t answer that :D
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 917 likes
Total likes: 1919 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

There was a young Mexican chap who turned up yesterday night on the off chance of a ticket and managed to get in. £17 well spent you’d think.

He got out his Mexican/West Ham flag and you could see he was made up.

I saw him at half time and he seemed lost. He was really struggling to understand what was going on and it was actually quite touching. I bought him a stiff English cuppa and told him not to worry, we’d come back.

Then I saw him at the end staring into the drizzle and decided to let him be. As our coach left town, he was waiting for a bus.

Shame he can’t post his thoughts on the Little Pea Taker.
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

Hernandez was worse than perez and that says something ! waste of 140k a week. little p taker is correct. 8m yes please
hammer1975

Post by hammer1975 »

Must admit that there have been a few games from Hernandez where i’ve been less than convinced he’s putting in 100%. Is that the way he plays or perhaps he’s easily frustrated at our style of play/quality of play into him...?
Patito

Post by Patito »

£8million plus his £140k a week wages off the books...it’s tempting.

I am sure we could bring in someone from the lower leagues/abroad/even a loan who would offer a bit of movement, work rate or just anything that would benefit the team more than Hernandez currently is.
westhamlinnet
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 68 likes

Post by westhamlinnet »

Get rid lazy . His value and interest in playing is going down by the day. It is obscene that he is our top earner
wizzo_66
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by wizzo_66 »

Hammersfaniow wrote: You clearly didn’t see Arnautovic’s performance against Arsenal then I take it

I’m a big fan of Hernandez but admittedly he was very poor, but none more so than at least 5 or 6 others I think. Should we just sell all them all ? Actually, don’t answer that :D
Arnie was involved in lots of passages of play against Arsenal. He may not have been quite at the tempo he's set himself standards for in the last 18 months.

Trouble with Hernandez is he contributes so little in general play anyway that when he doesn't even run, he genuinely becomes a dead weight. We might as well have played with 10 men all night.

Even Carroll showed for the ball despite having a shocker himself. I don't want to see Hernandez start a game for us again tbh.
The Green Man
Has liked: 59 likes
Total likes: 135 likes

Post by The Green Man »

I'd get rid, him and Perez are very similar players, do very little besides tap ins.

When either aren't up for it, it's like playing with a player less.

Keep Perez, get rid of Carroll and Hernandez, buy Maxi Gomez, keep Arnie (if he wants to stay past the summer) and bring through Xande Silva.

Antonio more then capable as a 4th/5th choice backup too.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2357 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

Strange.
Six weeks ago before his injury lots of posters [admittedly not all] were giving Hernandez plaudits [rightly so in my opinion] as he was a key part of our winning run of results, both with his goals and his all round effort and contribution.
Now, after a return that as amounted to one brief sub appearance and one 90 minutes [when every player scored less than four out of 10] he is useless and lazy again. Clearly he doesn't get the benefit of being a little rusty, not back up to speed etc that other players seem to.
Also, lets not forget the arnie shenanigans will have affected him as well, because his future with us [both playing time and whether we are willing to sell him or not] are intrinsically linked to what happens to Arnie
Last edited by Crouchend_Hammer on Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Green Man
Has liked: 59 likes
Total likes: 135 likes

Post by The Green Man »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:Strange.
Six weeks ago before his injury lots of posters [admittedly not all] were giving Hernandez plaudits [rightly so in my opinion] as he was a key part of our winning run of results, both with his goals and his all round effort and contribution.
Now, after a return that as amounted to one brief sub appearance and one 90 minutes [when every player scored less than four out of 10] he is useless and lazy again. Clearly he doesn't get the benefit of being a little rusty, not back up to speed etc that other players seem to.
Also, lets not forget the arnie shenanigans will have affected him as well as his future with us [both playing time and whether we are willing to sell him or not] are intrinsically linked to what happens to Arnie
He's basically agreed terms with Valencia, who up till today only wanted a loan deal. He didn't want to scupper his move last night.