Javier Hernandez Signs

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2356 likes

Re: Javier Hernandez Signs

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

MB wrote:
They’ve scored barely a goal a game. Hardly attacking football!
That is because they don't have any decent strikers. They are a long way ahead of us in the 'chances created' figures. Same as Bournemouth, Watford etc. We are close to the bottom

We have scored more goals because our strikers (Arnie and Hernandez in the main) have been very efficient in front of goal. We are very functional. We don't create many chances but we score them. Think of some of the games we have won by a couple of goals - stoke, Huddersfield away, for example. We didn't overwhelm them, simply sat back and got them on the break.

It is a good job we have been efficient in front of goal because we are not a team like Palace who create chance after chance but miss them.

If Newcastle had hernandez instead of Dwight gale they would probably be top 8. And yet since Christmas they only have Dame and shelvey in midfield but have a good balance between attack and defence. That isn't by accident. Benitez has coached that into the team. Diame now knows where to position himself, yedlin can now defend properly
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

most important signing could be Rafa as he can coach and has tactics. I doubt he would misuse Hernandez

get rafa in and we have a chance of enticing a few decent players. I mean would you want to play for dull moyes !
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5556 likes
Total likes: 3053 likes

Post by MB »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:
That is because they don't have any decent strikers. They are a long way ahead of us in the 'chances created' figures. Same as Bournemouth, Watford etc. We are close to the bottom
Not a long way ahead. Per game:

West Ham - 7.25
Newcastle - 8.3
Watford - 8.78
Bournemouth - 8.93

So between one and two more “chances” per game than us which translates to one more goal for Bournemouth, two more for Watford and seven less for Newcastle. We have a game in hand on Bournemouth and Newcastle.

You put that down the strikers, I’d put it down to the chances we are looking to create as it has significantly improved under Moyes with the same players.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2436 likes
Total likes: 4292 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

League

With him: P 16 W 3 D 5 L 8 pts 14 GF 17 GA 32 GD -15 (equivalent to a 33 point season)
W/O him: P 16 W 5 D 5 L 6 pts 20 GF 23 GA 26 GD -3 (equivalent to a 48 point season)

Cup ties

With him: P 4 W 1 D 1 L 2 GF 1 GA 4
W/O him: P 3 W 3 D 0 L 0 GF 8 GA 2

He's started 20 games, we scored 18 goals.
We've started 19 without him and scored 31.
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5556 likes
Total likes: 3053 likes

Post by MB »

What if you only look at games where he played and scored and hands where he didn't play and we didn't score :lol:
goa127
Has liked: 440 likes
Total likes: 290 likes

Post by goa127 »

I thought I'd dig out this thread to say that on a day when all but Arnie played like clowns special mention for the most embarrassing display goes to this man
monkeyhanger
Total likes: 30 likes

Post by monkeyhanger »

It seems a lifetime ago that some fans were wearing Mexican sombreros away at Newcastle.
StackerJJ

Post by StackerJJ »

The geezers checked out already. He has no interest and is counting down the paychecks until he can leave this piss poor run football club.

I can imagine Him, Zabaletta and Evra in there spare time talking about how West Ham compares to Man Utd, Man City, Juventus, Real Madrid etc.

How the presidents / owners of these clubs came out and said there children begged them not to sign certain players etc. Much be such a joy to be a part of this.
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

StackerJJ wrote:The geezers checked out already. He has no interest and is counting down the paychecks until he can leave this piss poor run football club.

I can imagine Him, Zabaletta and Evra in there spare time talking about how West Ham compares to Man Utd, Man City, Juventus, Real Madrid etc.

How the presidents / owners of these clubs came out and said there children begged them not to sign certain players etc. Much be such a joy to be a part of this.
Even Arnie must think that, and he came from ****ing Stoke!!
StackerJJ

Post by StackerJJ »

somerset-hammer wrote: Even Arnie must think that, and he came from ****ing Stoke!!
:lol:
smuts
Has liked: 1498 likes
Total likes: 1440 likes

Post by smuts »

He was shocking yesterday. If that ball ain't pinging around the penalty area, he's always been the same.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

goa127 wrote:I thought I'd dig out this thread to say that on a day when all but Arnie played like clowns special mention for the most embarrassing display goes to this man
Yes - totally agree.

Its over.

F*** off, H.
Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 541 likes
Total likes: 416 likes

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

Shouldn't even have come on in this game. We needed Carroll's physicality and effort, which he always gives.
iLoveLasagne
Has liked: 204 likes
Total likes: 216 likes

Post by iLoveLasagne »

StackerJJ wrote:The geezers checked out already. He has no interest and is counting down the paychecks until he can leave this piss poor run football club.

I wonder if the players' kids begged them not to sign for West Ham.
Johnny_C WHU
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Johnny_C WHU »

I cannot believe I am going to say this but I can see why Moyes doesn't play him, he offers nothing outside the box and we cannot afford that right now.

He wont chase the long punts like Arnie and he is not strong enough or clever enough to hold the ball up; just the normal jumping 5ft in the air the minute a defender is near.

He is a fantastic finisher but reminds me of the fat goal-hanger in my school days just standing in the box waiting for the ball.
johnnyb
Has liked: 31 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by johnnyb »

In a team that retains a lot of possession, he would do well. That team is not West Ham United.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

johnnyb wrote:In a team that retains a lot of possession, he would do well. That team is not West Ham United.
Johnny_C WHU wrote:I cannot believe I am going to say this but I can see why Moyes doesn't play him, he offers nothing outside the box and we cannot afford that right now.
at the beginning of the season he was playing out wide and was our top scorer. wasn't that bad at holding the ball up either.

said that, his nosedive seconds after coming in was pathetic and he can f*** off, too.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

I wonder if his supposed illness is the true reason for his absence, or is it more likely that a payment linked to appearances in his contract is due to Leverkusen ?
Westbourne Bill
Has liked: 129 likes
Total likes: 329 likes

Post by Westbourne Bill »

Puff Daddy wrote:I wonder if his supposed illness is the true reason for his absence, or is it more likely that a payment linked to appearances in his contract is due to Leverkusen ?
Or they want to ensure he doesnt get injured before trying to get £12m+ for him?
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1904 likes
Total likes: 1612 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

we're safe.

W.C. starts in about 6 weeks...

called in sick...

:wink: