Javier Hernandez Signs

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 393 likes
Total likes: 158 likes

Re: Javier Hernandez Signs

Post by chigwells finest »

will certainly go down as one of our most frustrating purchases , glimpses of brilliance around not a lot else
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1791 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

fmgod wrote:I know all footballers are but for me, I could never take to him, he is just a mercenary

Big problem is where we going to offload him to, his wages will be astronomical for most of europe, best hope is MLS, China, one of the big Mexican sides or another prem team
Yup - the modern footballer!
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1791 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

chigwells finest wrote:will certainly go down as one of our most frustrating purchases , glimpses of brilliance around not a lot else
He’s not he sort of guy who would do well banging them in against donkeys playing up front for Celtic or Rangers.
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

his wages of 120-140 pw are obscene for the effort he puts in. selling him will be difficult unless we accept a lower fee around 10m for him.
if we sell him we will leave ourselves short of forwards though as we will only have

arnie - great player, but needs to be rested a bit
carroll - cant be relied upon for more than 8 games this season if we are lucky.
perez - not shown much so far
Antonio - not really a striker but could do a short term job in the role
silva - just joined 19 and not played at this level. promising start in u23 but not ready

so we will need another striker for sure
hammer1975
Has liked: 934 likes
Total likes: 1088 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

hammer1975 wrote:Was out at some nice restaurant 3 hours ago according to his instagram story thingy...
Lil Joe 17 wrote: He's a professional athlete - being too unwell to play a professional match doesn't necessarily mean you're bed ridden to be fair to him.
I think he’ll be on the bench today, gut feeling that Pellegrini is playing a bit of a game with Chelsea ahead of the game
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

hammerman11 wrote:his wages of 120-140 pw are obscene for the effort he puts in. selling him will be difficult unless we accept a lower fee around 10m for him.
if we sell him we will leave ourselves short of forwards though as we will only have

arnie - great player, but needs to be rested a bit
carroll - cant be relied upon for more than 8 games this season if we are lucky.
perez - not shown much so far
Antonio - not really a striker but could do a short term job in the role
silva - just joined 19 and not played at this level. promising start in u23 but not ready

so we will need another striker for sure
You literally said £15-£20 million yesterday.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2357 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

I still have no idea where these lack of effort claims come from.
He always looks very comitted to me when he does get on the pitch
stu1
Has liked: 658 likes
Total likes: 1024 likes

Post by stu1 »

Unfortunately a bit like Antonio, it seems anything he does will be viewed negatively by quite a large section of fans.

We really should be supporting some of our players more.
Tommy B

Post by Tommy B »

Wouldnt be bad would it? 'Chucking a sickie' when your on about 20k a day. Never really liked the signing he was struggling for a game at Leverkusen but I still think he has some important goals in him at some stage.
Harry Hound
Location: "If you don't know the game, then you're still part of it"
Has liked: 67 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by Harry Hound »

What's the news on our Chicharito, is he still ill? We really needed him on the bench at Brighton. When you're hunting a late goal there're very few better than him for popping up at the right place and his finishing is far above anyone else in our squad.
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat

Post by The Gibbins »

Could take him a while to get back in the swing of it. I had glandular fever a couple of years back and it was ****ing awful. Bed ridden for about 3 weeks, no energy, lost loads of weight and the symptoms can take up to 18 months to properly clear in some cases.
Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 541 likes
Total likes: 416 likes

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

Harry Hound wrote:What's the news on our Chicharito, is he still ill? We really needed him on the bench at Brighton. When you're hunting a late goal there're very few better than him for popping up at the right place and his finishing is far above anyone else in our squad.
I would have backed him to put that chance away that Arnie blazed over. Perez offered little.
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Post by fmgod »

I think he is teetering on finished, 30 years old, had quite a finish injuries and seems susceptible to them.
Harry Hound
Location: "If you don't know the game, then you're still part of it"
Has liked: 67 likes

Post by Harry Hound »

Cockneyboy311 wrote:
I would have backed him to put that chance away that Arnie blazed over. Perez offered little.
Me too, those are the sort of chances that he puts away for fun. It's pretty frustrating having him out as other than Carroll, who's a very different type of striker he's our only true goal poacher.
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

its never worked for him here and maybe best to sell if we can get a younger replacement.

having said that he would be so useful to have on the bench giving us the option of a plan B.

Antonio and perez on the bench offer nothing and I would prefer Hernandez and diagana as the options.
szola
Has liked: 586 likes
Total likes: 347 likes

Post by szola »

Cockneyboy311 wrote:I would have backed him to put that chance away that Arnie blazed over. Perez offered little.
Perez actually offered a pass for one of our best chances.
And move intelligent movement and passing than Antonio.

Hernandez is likely to score in the box, think we agree on that.
Would he be able to bring the ball into the box, as Arnautovic does?
Cockneyboy311

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

It seems like we bought him because of his name/reputation other than how he would fit into our team (sound familiar?!)

If you have him up front then he needs somebody close to him. You also need to know that he isn't going to do much defensive work. To get the best out of him he needs the ball to him in the box. That is where he comes alive. You can almost forget the rest of the pitch.

If you don't set up to accommodate him then he's not going to be very effective as we've seen. I would not be surprised to see him up for offers in January. Shame but i think the game has moved on and he doesn't really fit anymore.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2357 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

It is a myth he doesn't do anything outside the box. His performances for Mexico demonstrate that

He is not going to be much use isolated and expected to hold the ball up for ten seconds, but his link-up play and bringing others in is perfectly decent.

I would like to see him up front in a three with Arnie and one other of Anderson or Yarmolenko
Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"
Has liked: 1487 likes
Total likes: 3083 likes

Post by Wilko1304 »

He’s a weird one. Don’t think he gets enough credit for some of his harder working qualities, he’s surprisingly good at holding the ball up and will win fouls well. He digs in.

But I don’t think he suits us as a starter, mainly as I think most clubs outside the big guns mainly need someone who defends better from the front and can be a better counter attacking threat.

However, I think he’d still work excellently at Manchester United or Chelsea, even City. He would rarely start, but those teams could use an option, have a lot of dominance and create enough chances for someone like him. In fact Chelsea probably could start him as Hazard would serve the man constantly.

He’s never been a must have, but what he does have are a very particular set of skills. Skills he has acquired over a very long career. Skills that make him a nightmare for deep defences against dominating sides
Cockneyboy311

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:It is a myth he doesn't do anything outside the box. His performances for Mexico demonstrate that

But i'd hazard a guess that Mexico set up more with him in mind.