Javier Hernandez Signs

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Boo Boo
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Re: Javier Hernandez Signs

Post by Boo Boo »

danm79 wrote:Well he has just said its rubbish and he is happy here, can't believe the press were making up lies.
That's a kick in the teeth for the knife sharpeners.
Noble Man
Has liked: 35 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Noble Man »

-DL- wrote:Image
For a while i was thinking that would be so West Ham... that tweet is a thing of beauty!!!
ToiletDuck
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 63 likes

Post by ToiletDuck »

Something seems rotten in denmark. And by something i mean a truck load stuff that smells worse than heather from eastenders after a spin class in the gobi desert and by denmark i mean west ham.
Hammer1972
Has liked: 56 likes
Total likes: 209 likes

Post by Hammer1972 »

Look up...
'stone hammer
Has liked: 755 likes
Total likes: 525 likes

Post by 'stone hammer »

(not related to him wanting to leave) Couldn't we play him and Caroll up front? The old little and large combo.

Something like:

- - - - Fonte - - Reid - - Ogbonna - - - -

- Zabaleta - - Obiang - - - Noble - - Lanzini - - Cresswell -

- - - - - - - - Hernandez - - - Carroll

Happy to know why this wouldn't work, because I feel like it would have been tried already if I could.
Hammer in Hornchurch
Has liked: 519 likes
Total likes: 225 likes

Post by Hammer in Hornchurch »

I’d be surprised if the comments about Hernandez wanting to leave are true (at least publicly) given it’s only the beginning of October, but won’t be at all surprised come January if he’s says he’s unhappy, and he will be off then.
Something really corrupt at the club, we’ve been crying out for a top class goal scorer for ages, and we finally get one and play him out of position or second fiddle to an unreliable, injury prone player, whos playing style jeopardises any kind on tactics other than play the long ball.

I can only put it down to clauses in contracts, rather than for football reasons that these decisions are made.
bitter-iron-ny
Has liked: 204 likes
Total likes: 228 likes

Post by bitter-iron-ny »

mumbles87 wrote: amazing what he can do in his correct position
Did you watch the match? Mexico lined up with two up front but Chicharito often withdrew, mostly out on the left but on the right a few times that I saw.
MD_HM
Total likes: 343 likes

Post by MD_HM »

If you have 3 or 4 attacking players playing quick football, with lots of movement then drifting out wide and changing would work.

Playing pretty much on the left wing in a team that passes the ball to the wide player and expecting them to run with the ball and beat players to create a chance with little movement in close proximity is a different issue.

if you had three Hernandez's in a front three, it would work

Carroll as a focal point unfortunately doesn't allow this and off form this season, Sakho should be getting in first anyway.

As soon as we get Lanzini, Antonio, Arnautovic and Hernandez in the same team we will be fine.
Patito

Post by Patito »

Cheers DL, that’s a relief!
bowltorious
Has liked: 19 likes
Total likes: 28 likes

Post by bowltorious »

MD_HM wrote:If you have 3 or 4 attacking players playing quick football, with lots of movement then drifting out wide and changing would work.

Playing pretty much on the left wing in a team that passes the ball to the wide player and expecting them to run with the ball and beat players to create a chance with little movement in close proximity is a different issue.

if you had three Hernandez's in a front three, it would work

Carroll as a focal point unfortunately doesn't allow this and off form this season, Sakho should be getting in first anyway.

As soon as we get Lanzini, Antonio, Arnautovic and Hernandez in the same team we will be fine.
Disagree with that, the two either side of Hernandez need to be creative through either guile like Lanzini or athleticism like Antonio. Arnie is a bit of both but not as good at either as the other two. Hernandez is a sharp finisher in the box, that's it. I do agree once those four finally play together fully fit we will be fine though and start seeing some goals and nice football.

-------------------Hernandez
Arnautovic--------Lanzini--------Antonio

That's the best front four outside the top 6 easily.
MD_HM
Total likes: 343 likes

Post by MD_HM »

I was referring more to his Mexican side oppose to three of him in ours :)

Meant more along the lines of quick movement, one touch, mobile and interchanging... and of course actually a proper front three not a winger!

Agree about the front four, they should all fit and work perfectly for us with the right balance.

The problem is and always has been the rest of the squad are not "like for like"... Sakho could come in for Hernandez and maybe Masuaku for one of the wide players but he was brought as a reserve LB.

We have only really got Arnautovic and Antonio for the wide roles to work and the same with Lanzini, no replacement.

Square pegs, round holes due to poor transfer business.... well lack of
TheHandOfDog
Has liked: 540 likes
Total likes: 460 likes

Post by TheHandOfDog »

Glad to hear that it was all BS. Ffs who keeps winding me up with all this false info. Headbanger
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 768 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

TheHandOfDog wrote:Glad to hear that it was all BS. Ffs who keeps winding me up with all this false info. Headbanger
the daily express, and if you're getting wound up by that rag you probably deserve it.

embarrassing how ready and willing some are to relinquish full control of their bowels at the whim of any two bob outlet looking to get a few hits.
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 769 likes

Post by Billydinho »

Hernandez plays second fiddle to Carroll because of where we are.

Desperate for effect, who will you play?

Hernandez is a huge asset in a team brimming with confidence and playing flowing football.

We are a team desperate for a result, likely by dominating their defence in the air and laying from there.

Do I like it? No. But we are where we are and that's the owners' fault. Not the manager.
Fyodor

Post by Fyodor »

bitter-iron-ny wrote:
Did you watch the match? Mexico lined up with two up front but Chicharito often withdrew, mostly out on the left but on the right a few times that I saw.
Cheech played as the lone striker up top with Jesus Corona and Javier Aquino (later Hirving Lozano) as the wingers positioned a bit deeper than him.

Yes, his NT manager gave him the freedom to roam out of the box and drop deeper into the pitch, which he exercised, but that's different from actually positioning him as an actual winger, which is what against all logic Bilic has been doing.

Furthermore, as someone mentioned earlier, hooking him off in the dying minutes of a match when you're desperate for a goal is the height of stupidity. That's when Chicharito most comes alive! Ask anyone who's followed him since his Manchester United and Real Madrid days.
Scratchy
Has liked: 62 likes
Total likes: 225 likes

Post by Scratchy »

Why is everyone so quick to believe a newspaper that makes the Sun look like the Times?
chalks
Sliding down his pole
Has liked: 703 likes
Total likes: 1634 likes

Post by chalks »

Fyodor wrote: Furthermore, as someone mentioned earlier, hooking him off in the dying minutes of a match when you're desperate for a goal is the height of stupidity. .
Yet the two times it’s been done we’ve gone on to win both games and scored 3 goals

I’d say the stupidity is in the lemons that will beat the manager with any stick they can find, whilst ignoring the full facts
chalks
Sliding down his pole
Has liked: 703 likes
Total likes: 1634 likes

Post by chalks »

Hammer in Hornchurch wrote: I can only put it down to clauses in contracts, rather than for football reasons that these decisions are made.
You have a point..........
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6762 likes
Total likes: 2354 likes

Post by Colours never run »

The myth continues to be perpetuated that Bilic plays Hernandez on the 'Wing'. He's played him mainly as an inside Forward which isn't the same thing.

A wingers starting position is generally around the midline of the pitch almost hugging the touchline at times. A Forwards position is halfway between that of a winger and as an out and out Striker. As a Forward they'll always be in touching distance of the proximity of the box, but unlike a Centre Forward where he'd ideally like to play will predominantly be inside the box where he scores all his goals.

I'm in two minds about it, as I do like to see him up top as a Centre Forward (Striker), but on the other hand I'm also not dead against him being played as he currently is because a) he is still able to score goals b) able to support others in the final third with his clever movement and vision c) means we can get more attacking players on the pitch that can do more damage.

What I think is possibly happening is the team aren't quite in sync yet within the frame work of the side and srill getting used to one anothers game as the season progresses and it wouldn't surprise me to see them eventually getting to grips with 3 up top essentially if the rest of the team can remain balanced defensively as well as in attack. 343 has the potential to do very well should the team click but it needs more work on the trainjng pitch if that's the direction Bilic wants the team to go in. 4231 looks good on paper but as we well know by now, defensively we are a shambles so can't rely on that formation.

I still like the idea of 352 which means we get the combination of Hernandez plus 1 other of either Carroll or Sakho supporting 1 another without sacrificing our defensive discipline.

I do believe there's certwin ways around getting big important players playing in the same team but it still needs time to develop and feel familiar with the players and it's still early days to be expecting instant super attacking football.
Fyodor

Post by Fyodor »

chalks wrote:
Yet the two times it’s been done we’ve gone on to win both games and scored 3 goals

I’d say the stupidity is in the lemons that will beat the manager with any stick they can find, whilst ignoring the full facts
The team eventually scoring does not mean Bilic did not lessen its chances of getting the win by subbing Chico off.

In other words, the team scored in spite of his absence, and not because of it.