Javier Hernandez Signs

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Javier Hernandez Signs

Postby The_Dead_Ball on Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:15 pm

Scoring a goal in training

https://youtu.be/p3Gos8CpIro
The_Dead_Ball

Postby ironstu on Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:06 pm

I think with the help of Sutts07, we've got a song to the tune of Despacito that actually works (as posted in the chants thread):

Chi-cha-rito
He comes from somewhere close to Puerto Rico
But he's West Ham now and that's all we know
And he bangs them in wherever we goooooo
Chi-cha-rito
ironstu

Postby rare as rockinghorse shat on Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:48 pm

Edit
rare as rockinghorse shat

Postby psychoscoredthelot on Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:52 am

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote:Edit

to what tune ?
psychoscoredthelot

Postby rare as rockinghorse shat on Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:12 am

Rabbit - Chas n Dave
rare as rockinghorse shat

Postby HammerAl on Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:41 pm

Like 99% of people associated with the club, I'm very glad we've got him, I just hope the club / media department don't start the love-in with him like they did with Payet. At times it looked like we were a one-man team (Payet FC) with the continual bombardment of almost obsessional pictures and videos on social media. You'd like to think professional players would be mature and grown up enough to not left something like that get to them but I'm sure it affected the team morale last season.

Looking forward to him getting match fit and striking up a good relationship with Manu! :scarfer:
HammerAl

Postby trevshead10may1980 on Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:48 pm

He is gonna score the winner at Old Trafford!!
trevshead10may1980

Postby Chrissieboy on Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:01 am

Great signing but nobody else think he looks overweight? Hope he is in shape soon and banging them in. He'll score vs Man U but I very much doubt we will win.
Chrissieboy
Rates Garth Crooks

Postby GreenIron on Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:40 pm

The OS goes Spanish:
https://www.whufc.com/es/noticias

Probably cos of him? Or is Adrian staying? :D
GreenIron

Postby Colours never run on Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:20 am

trevshead10may1980 wrote:He is gonna score the winner at Old Trafford!!

That would be ****ing hilarious. :lol:
Colours never run

Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Postby djclipz on Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:23 pm

Just watching today's press conference on facebook live. He is on currently and the last 5 mins has all been in Spanish. Can't wait for all the English journos trying to write up the highlights later. :D
djclipz

Postby libero on Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:32 pm

He's good in English but great in Spanish - comes over as such a nice guy.

Most of the Spanish part of the presser was about the spanish speaking journo fishing to get Chicharito to criticise Carlos Vela who today signed for the MLS club LA FC from Real Sociedad. In Mexico Vela has often been slated for lacking ambition and this was the thread of the questioning, comparing the two players' ambition in their choice of clubs and league competitions

Chicharito's defense of his compatriot was intellgent, intense, emotional, eloquent and philosophical

Hope he plays like that for us! (well, except the philosophical bit! :P )
libero

Postby southendmadhammer on Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:43 pm

libero wrote:He's good in English but great in Spanish - comes over as such a nice guy.

Most of the Spanish part of the presser was about the spanish speaking journo fishing to get Chicharito to criticise Carlos Vela who today signed for the MLS club LA FC from Real Sociedad. In Mexico Vela has often been slated for lacking ambition and this was the thread of the questioning, comparing the two players' ambition in their choice of clubs and league competitions

Chicharito's defense of his compatriot was intellgent, intense, emotional, eloquent and philosophical

Hope he plays like that for us! (well, except the philosophical bit!

Seconded. My Spanish isn't perfect but his answers were all of the above. Came across about as good as any football player that has played for us. here's hoping he continues in the same vein. Really like him.

:scarfer:
southendmadhammer

Postby sw3hammer on Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:21 am

In Mexico on hols. Safe today that the staff at our hotel are all supporting the hammers tomorrow.
I have a blinding picture of my 8 year old with a mariachi band with a chicharito shirt we got made before he signed. Unfortunately with the number 7 though!
He will score tomorrow.
sw3hammer

Postby Alfiehammer on Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:52 am

As I put in another thread, I work in a gym and my profile has me down as a West Ham season ticket holder and I spend a very decent part of my shift chatting football with the punters (or teaching girls to squat)

I've never had so much good "feedback/ envy about a signing as I have for Hernandez. The palace, spuds, brighton, gooners and Man U fans (I live in East Sussex) all reckon it was just about the best bit of business done in the transfer window and the guy is guaranteed goals.

Interestingly, a lot of other fans seem to rate snodgrass highly and when I joke about their teams doing us a favour and taking him off our hands they all would take him at their clubs (excluding the top 6)
Alfiehammer

Postby Hammer in Hornchurch on Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:01 pm

A class player and must be wandering why he chose to join us !
The worry is he will get fed up of the :thdn: he's playing with and want out come January
Hammer in Hornchurch

Postby lib2007 on Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:22 pm

I can't get past the feeling we could have signed him two years ago. That would have been good business, but we ****ed it up. Him and Payet at the Boleyn would have done wonders.

As for why he chose us, I could not care less. He's only played two games in the shirt. Still got a lot to prove, but he's off to a great start. We are too quick to worship someone. Let him settle in.
lib2007

Postby Colours never run on Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:23 pm

Said it before, say it again, he's genuine World Class.
Colours never run

Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Postby Aztec Hammer on Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:24 pm

Poacher extraordinaire and so far as I predicted, the only signing that's worth it.

Hope that changes.
Aztec Hammer

Postby Gerblatz on Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:30 pm

Does what it says on the tin...and some. Been said by others, but he is the fox in the box we have needed. A clinical poacher and has now got 2 in 2...I expect him to be scoring a lot this campaign. Great performance today.
Gerblatz

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion