Javier Hernandez Signs

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Javier Hernandez Signs

Postby ballantine on Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:00 am

If name > fee we buy
ballantine
 
Posts: 475
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:02 am

Re: Javier Hernandez Signs

Postby szola on Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:53 am

The modus operandi is the same, no matter the heading.
Be it players, managers, stadium, (season) tickets, media handling, etc.

Spend as little as possible.

Minimal investment rarely give good returns. Risk is lowered thou. Their personal risk.

Sorry for the off topic post
User avatar
szola
 
Posts: 11515
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:33 am
Location: Bumblebee is back

Re: Javier Hernandez Signs

Postby Westbourne Bill on Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:07 pm

Giroud and Hernandez are two completely different type of strikers so the fact we were interested in both tells me that how they would fit into our style of play or even the managers thoughts wasn't a major consideration.
User avatar
Westbourne Bill
 
Posts: 3898
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2004 5:49 pm
Location: W Sussex

Re: Javier Hernandez Signs

Postby szola on Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:13 pm

Bill :thup:
User avatar
szola
 
Posts: 11515
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:33 am
Location: Bumblebee is back

Re: Javier Hernandez Signs

Postby Crouchend_Hammer on Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:29 pm

Westbourne Bill wrote:Giroud and Hernandez are two completely different type of strikers so the fact we were interested in both tells me that how they would fit into our style of play or even the managers thoughts wasn't a major consideration.


tbf i don't think that is different from any club of our size. Unless you are the big clubs, you are not going to be able to attract that many 'top' players. The pool is limited. Therefore, you have to balance going after a consistent type of player, with going after a top quality player (when they come available)

It isn't ideal, but is the reality for nearly all the clubs in the division who are competing for the off-cuts
Crouchend_Hammer
 
Posts: 8155
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2004 10:31 am
Location: Forest Gate

Re: Javier Hernandez Signs

Postby szola on Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:55 pm

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:tbf i don't think that is different from any club of our size. Unless you are the big clubs, you are not going to be able to attract that many 'top' players. The pool is limited. Therefore, you have to balance going after a consistent type of player, with going after a top quality player (when they come available)

It isn't ideal, but is the reality for nearly all the clubs in the division who are competing for the off-cuts


Really?

I can see a clear pattern for what type of players Soton, Everton, WBA, Swansea and Leicester prefer. Same with Watford.
User avatar
szola
 
Posts: 11515
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:33 am
Location: Bumblebee is back

Re: Javier Hernandez Signs

Postby Vienna on Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:07 pm

Apparently injured in training and sent to hospital for a scan.
User avatar
Vienna
 
Posts: 1139
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:11 pm
Location: Wherever West Ham are!

Re: Javier Hernandez Signs

Postby sizza on Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:11 pm

Vienna wrote:Apparently injured in training and sent to hospital for a scan.


He was just out with his girlfriend about an hour ago
sizza
 
Posts: 329
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:04 pm
Location: La Lepra de Rosario

Re: Javier Hernandez Signs

Postby Hamburger on Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:28 pm

.
Probably just feeling something twinge in training but chances are they won't risk him on Friday. Bldy shame, just when we could have set the side up for him. On a positive note, Martinez could be on the bench?
.
User avatar
Hamburger
 
Posts: 498
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:59 pm
Location: Sidcup

Re: Javier Hernandez Signs

Postby hammerman11 on Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:33 am

If he doesnt make it then sakho to start. last thing we need is chico missing.

options upfront looking thin with him and carroll out of the match.

lets hope sakho has his head in the right place and is focussed.

hart
zab reid fonte cresswell
kouyate obiang
antonio lanzini masuaka
sakho

subs adrian byram noble rice ayew arnautovic martinez

2-0 hammers
hammerman11
 
Posts: 1328
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:01 pm

Re: Javier Hernandez Signs

Postby screech on Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:52 am

Need a Chico update, fantasy football is relying on this
User avatar
screech
 
Posts: 4938
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:09 pm

Re: Javier Hernandez Signs

Postby somerset-hammer on Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:55 am

screech wrote:Need a Chico update, fantasy football is relying on this



Slav seemed to think he would be ok after trainning yesterday.

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/921058387407851527
User avatar
somerset-hammer
 
Posts: 3782
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:05 am
Location: Arse end of nowhere

Re: Javier Hernandez Signs

Postby Rays Rock on Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:43 pm

Have we managed to turn one of europes proven prolific strikers into a benchwarmer?
With Bilic talking up ayew earlier, it looks like hernandez will be overlooked !
Rays Rock
 
Posts: 1379
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:10 pm
Location: Sitting in the dschungel

Re: Javier Hernandez Signs

Postby MB on Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:18 pm

Rays Rock wrote:Have we managed to turn one of europes proven prolific strikers into a benchwarmer?
With Bilic talking up ayew earlier, it looks like hernandez will be overlooked !


With Arnie not finding his feet and Lanzini only just getting match fit I think it has been more not having the supply to get the best out of him.

Fingers crossed that changes at the weekend.
User avatar
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
 
Posts: 14444
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2002 6:13 pm

Re: Javier Hernandez Signs

Postby Billydinho on Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:13 pm

Watching him the stands on Wednesday night I think the moany little Mexican can do one.

He's starting to irritate me...I get the impression he doesn't want to be here.
User avatar
Billydinho
 
Posts: 11408
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:18 pm
Location: Piss Making.

Re: Javier Hernandez Signs

Postby Colours never run on Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:17 pm

Love him, what a player to have at our Club. Long may he stay here.
User avatar
Colours never run
 
Posts: 8831
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:46 am
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Re: Javier Hernandez Signs

Postby simonirons on Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:27 pm

Billydinho wrote:
He's starting to irritate me...


Cant say I’m a fan of him shaking his head every time he thinks a cameras on him.
User avatar
simonirons
 
Posts: 5153
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:51 pm
Location: Je Suis 200

Re: Javier Hernandez Signs

Postby MB on Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:31 pm

Billydinho wrote:Watching him the stands on Wednesday night I think the moany little Mexican can do one.

He's starting to irritate me...I get the impression he doesn't want to be here.


He is worth about $200m so is here because he wants to play. I’d rather have a player who is pissed off to be on the bench when the team isn’t doing well. Someone who looks annoyed when they are subbed.
User avatar
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
 
Posts: 14444
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2002 6:13 pm

Re: Javier Hernandez Signs

Postby il_martello_di_genovesi on Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:48 pm

MB wrote:
He is worth about $200m so is here because he wants to play. I’d rather have a player who is pissed off to be on the bench when the team isn’t doing well. Someone who looks annoyed when they are subbed.


People moan about Arnautovic playing like he don't care, and now Hernandez gets moaned at for being unhappy at being subbed or not playing. The bloke has worked his b*llocks off when he's been on the pitch, and has shown he is clearly disappointed when things aren't going right. It's ridiculous.

Fantastic player and glad to have him in the side.
User avatar
il_martello_di_genovesi
 
Posts: 9020
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:11 pm
Location: genova è solo blucerchiata.

Re: Javier Hernandez Signs

Postby Vienna on Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:49 pm

He is class, if only our team could read him, best player we have currently, except for Adrian.
User avatar
Vienna
 
Posts: 1139
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:11 pm
Location: Wherever West Ham are!

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 17 years of hurt, Alan Pardew's Dad, ballantine, Believer, Billy from the bobby, bondsbootlaces, Claret&Blue,Thru&, CrawleyIron, Crouchend_Hammer, FreeWheeling, Gerblatz, goingunderground, Google Adsense [Bot], Hainault Hammer, Hammer Smith, jamesb84, jammys78, Jinxed, Macca1973, Phil S, preston, Sauce!, Sir_Trevor, thai hammer, The Old Man of Storr, TheHandOfDog, umweb, WHUTerry, wolfhammer and 117 guests