Javier Hernandez Signs

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Hatcham Iron
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 3 likes

Re: Javier Hernandez Signs

Post by Hatcham Iron »

Simple realy give him the right service and he will score goals :crest:
stu1
Has liked: 658 likes
Total likes: 1024 likes

Post by stu1 »

TheHandOfDog wrote: Looking forward to:
Hernandez
Arnie Mario Lanzini
Kouyate Noble.
I reckon you might waiting a while, I can’t see us switching to 4 at the back any time soon.

It’s more of a question would this work

——Hernandez—Arnie
——Lanzini——Mario
———Noble/Kouyate

Unfortunately I’m not sure that midfield has enough presence without Kouyate or enough defensive discipline without Noble. If Moyes feels similar then I’m not sure we will see that front 4 play whilst we continue with 5 at the back.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2357 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

bubbles1966 wrote:
You started moaning about how defensive we were at 5pm, didn't you?

Now you're piping up suggesting we've changed?
Tactically we were extremely defensive second half. However, Hernandez has now got at least one decent attacking player near him to give him support, which hasn't alwqys been the case.
His goal scoring record when he has had a half decebt attacking partner and has played centrally is very very good
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2437 likes
Total likes: 4293 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

One of the great advantages of Moyes' set up is that we play a front two as opposed to the 4-2-3-1
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

bubbles1966 wrote:One of the great advantages of Moyes' set up is that we play a front two as opposed to the 4-2-3-1

Very true. I've always been a big advocate of playing 2 up top and it's good to see Moyes going with it today.
dodger
Location: Scotland / London / Japan / somewhere in between the 3
Has liked: 277 likes
Total likes: 404 likes

Post by dodger »

Despite everything that’s gone on with Hernandez this season - often being on the bench, employed as a lone striker too often with no support, occasionally being a bit stroppy when he was being misused like this, and apparently wanting out in January, if he is played up front every match until the season’s end he could still easily end up with 12-15 goals, which would be our highest goal scorer in a season for quite a while.

He is a goalscorer and should start every week for me. Arnie and Lanzini (Mario until the latter is fit) supporting.
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 767 likes

Post by Billydinho »

Looked a lot more interested the last two games.

Maybe he's been told we'll let him leave in the summer if he keeps us up?
Ifebbubbles

Post by Ifebbubbles »

Billydinho wrote:Looked a lot more interested the last two games.

Maybe he's been told we'll let him leave in the summer if he keeps us up?
Or maybe for the 1st time since joining us hes actually starting to enjoy his football having had a run of games and a few goals to go with it.
The man is a goal scorer, players like that need to be playing and scoring. When his first goal was disallowed he looked like he was gonna cry.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

I wouldn't be surprised to see him stay, if he knows that Arnautovic is doing the same.

Obviously, that is contingent on staying up, but, if we do, I fancy it will done because one or both of those players will have scored ten goals or more.
jacko
Has liked: 60 likes
Total likes: 149 likes

Post by jacko »

All he needed was some chances. Antonio did brilliantly for the goal. When’s the last time he had a cross in the box like that from Masuaku? Any team down the bottom would love to have a striker like him right now.
Smonnie
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Smonnie »

Thought people advocating his sale were nuts.

I think he works hard and I've not seen him strop.

Hang on to him, play him and he will score.
johnnyb
Has liked: 31 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by johnnyb »

jacko wrote:All he needed was some chances. Antonio did brilliantly for the goal. When’s the last time he had a cross in the box like that from Masuaku? Any team down the bottom would love to have a striker like him right now.
True about Masuaku but Antonio's crossing is usually quite poor too.
GreenStHammer

Post by GreenStHammer »

Ifebbubbles wrote:
Or maybe for the 1st time since joining us hes actually starting to enjoy his football having had a run of games and a few goals to go with it.
The man is a goal scorer, players like that need to be playing and scoring. When his first goal was disallowed he looked like he was gonna cry.
Lool. I was actually laughing my nuts off at his face when that goal was disallowed. He looked absolutely devastated, so heartbroken. Thought nobody else noticed haha. It's a good thing, shows just how much he loves scoring. Was glad when he eventually did notch one.
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2640 likes
Total likes: 1747 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

Vienna wrote:3 in 3 now for Chicharito, give him the service and he is a 20 goal a season striker. He was unlucky not to be given the goal other he scored, wasn't offside imo.
Had he still be playing for Manchester United he wouldn't have been given offside - I believe the Linesman failed to notice the Watford player nearer the far post who was putting Chico ONside .

Antonio did brilliantly well to get that cross in , would be great if he could get consistency to his game like that and maybe if he continues to play Left Wing , he'll achieve it .

Keep it up , West Ham , keep it up .
rciron
Has liked: 294 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by rciron »

Love the bloke, never doubted his quality, as has been said its all about the service :thup:
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by The Gibbins »

Just goes to show that any ball half decent ball in the box and he will make something happen and score a goal. It would have been madness to sell him, he is such an asset.
Knighter10WHU
Has liked: 154 likes
Total likes: 193 likes

Post by Knighter10WHU »

johnnyb wrote: True about Masuaku but Antonio's crossing is usually quite poor too.
From the right side yes Antonio's crossing is poor, but play him in his preferred position from the left and he can suddenly cross better...
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

That’s a stretch Knighter, are you saying he’s better at crossing with his weaker foot?
Knighter10WHU
Has liked: 154 likes
Total likes: 193 likes

Post by Knighter10WHU »

thejackhammer wrote:That’s a stretch Knighter, are you saying he’s better at crossing with his weaker foot?
Maybe it was a bit of stretch but it could be a mentality thing. We know Antonio has had a strop in the past about being played out of position, maybe he feels more comfortable and confident being on the left side.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

He's stated on a few occasions in the past that he regards playing on the left side of the pitch his favoured position on the pitch to be. He likes the idea of taking a full back on or cutting inside to shoot which he enjoyed doing so much at Forest.

It's good he's able to do both and is more than happy doing what he does beat flying down the flank lile a turbo nutter. When he does that full tilt he's a real throwback to the Old fashioned style wingers who'd do it for fun. I love to see him with the ball at his feet near the halfway line because I soon get the feeling he's gonna knock it past an opponent then turn them inside out just like he kept doing on Saturday again.