Javier Hernandez Signs

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 2019 likes
Total likes: 1494 likes

Re: Javier Hernandez Signs

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Diving around like a ****.

Muggy at the very least. :thdn:
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 855 likes
Total likes: 2017 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Vienna wrote:OK, he dived, but is that worse than pretending you are injured rolling around on the floor, waiting for the oppo to kick the ball out and horrendous time wasting.
Doing something wrong, but asking for a grade for it (is it better or worse than rolling around the floor) misses the point for me.

He pushed a defender into his own keeper and pretended he did nothing.

He then dived in the box.

I would sooner lose every future match than have him do either thing again in our shirt.

Its shameful and embarrassing; not just for the player, but for the whole club.
funky chicken
Has liked: 322 likes
Total likes: 1225 likes

Post by funky chicken »

He's not good enough and certainly doesn't justify the wages he is on IMO.

I didn't buy the he deserved to keep his place in the team cobblers either. He handballed the ball into the net and won a penalty that anybody could've won. That's all he has done.

Arnie, if he's happy to stay, or we receive no offers and Silva are the only forwards we should be keeping for next season.

Hernandez, Perez & Carroll should all go. And I can't say I will miss any of them.
Last edited by funky chicken on Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marky
Has liked: 54 likes
Total likes: 182 likes

Post by Marky »

funky chicken wrote:He's not good enough and certainly doesn't justify the wages he is on IMO.

I didn't buy the he deserved to keep his place in the team cobblers either. He handballed the ball into the net and one a penalty that anybody could've won. That's all he has done.

Arnie, if he's happy to stay, or we receive no offers and Silva are the only forwards we should be keeping for next season.

Hernandez, Perez & Carroll should all go. And I can't say I will miss any of them.
Completely agree
goa127
Has liked: 454 likes
Total likes: 291 likes

Post by goa127 »

Never really understood the love for chico. The worst diver in the league, he's becoming an embarrassment. Our supporters are quick to complain about cheats from other teams while excusing his constant ,blatant diving. The sooner he leaves the happier I'll be. I understand Pell's reluctance to give arnie centre stage, but enough of this waster.
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by fmgod »

There's is just something I don't like about him, can't put my figure on it but it may be he's a bit of a mercenary, bit of a cheat. To me as stupid as it sounds he has just never felt West Ham to me
sicknote
Plumbing the depths
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 154 likes

Post by sicknote »

fmgod wrote:There's is just something I don't like about him, can't put my finger on it but it may be he's a bit of a mercenary, bit of a cheat. To me as stupid as it sounds he has just never felt West Ham to me

If you put your finger on it the cheating **** would fall over

Goa 127 has it spot on as do Funky Chicken and Marky
Al Fisti
Has liked: 120 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Al Fisti »

funky chicken wrote:He's not good enough and certainly doesn't justify the wages he is on IMO.

I didn't buy the he deserved to keep his place in the team cobblers either. He handballed the ball into the net and won a penalty that anybody could've won. That's all he has done.

:thup:
Al Fisti
Has liked: 120 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Al Fisti »

fmgod wrote: he's a bit of a cheat.
Cheatarito
kevino
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by kevino »

ignoring the cheating for a minute, we just don't play to his strengths. He's scored 50 premier league goals, all from within the penalty area. Outside the box, he is awful and can rarely hold on to the ball. He needs someone up there with him as he will never be a lone striker. When will we learn?
goa127
Has liked: 454 likes
Total likes: 291 likes

Post by goa127 »

kevino wrote:ignoring the cheating for a minute, we just don't play to his strengths. He's scored 50 premier league goals, all from within the penalty area. Outside the box, he is awful and can rarely hold on to the ball. He needs someone up there with him as he will never be a lone striker. When will we learn?
Why play to his strengths? Just move him on and get someone who's a better all-round front man. I think I'd rather have hugill back. Well, maybe that's going too far
e17
Has liked: 294 likes
Total likes: 982 likes

Post by e17 »

The microcosm that is the last 3 pages on this thread (from “hard working player who gets in ahead of Arnie” to “Cheat who is not good enough”) is fascinating
Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"
Has liked: 1519 likes
Total likes: 3182 likes

Post by Wilko1304 »

e17 wrote:The microcosm that is the last 3 pages on this thread (from “hard working player who gets in ahead of Arnie” to “Cheat who is not good enough”) is fascinating
Isn’t it just?

Stand by what I said before: if he doesn’t contribute in the box, he doesn’t contribute at all. But he’s had decisive moments recently.

The dive annoyed me, but not cos it’s a dive. I don’t like diving but I also don’t care about it, it’s another form of cheating and players have been cheating before and after diving became something we note.

What annoyed me is that he never looked to do anything but find the contact. He didn’t seem to be looking at the space he had on goal or to beat his man.

He was awful on Saturday, he’s not a better choice than Arnie.
sicknote
Plumbing the depths
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 154 likes

Post by sicknote »

e17 wrote:The microcosm that is the last 3 pages on this thread (from “hard working player who gets in ahead of Arnie” to “Cheat who is not good enough”) is fascinating
It’s ok I’ve always hated the fraud
Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 540 likes
Total likes: 424 likes

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

Id keep him if he'd accept a 60% wage cut :lol:

Fantastic finisher, but that seems to be all he is, and in the modern game you need more about you. I think he's a bit old school like Carroll. The game has moved on.
thespider
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 29 likes

Post by thespider »

I swear he's done more dives than the rest of the team combined since we came back to the Premership. West Ham have NEVER been a diving team. Sort out or f*** off.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 144 likes
Total likes: 2406 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

thespider wrote:I swear he's done more dives than the rest of the team combined since we came back to the Premership. West Ham have NEVER been a diving team. Sort out or **** off.
tbf Snoddy throws himself to the floor at least three times every game
Morocco Mole
Has liked: 3687 likes
Total likes: 2411 likes

Post by Morocco Mole »

I rate him but he's been ineffective and a bit divey lately.

That said playing him upfront on his own in order to teach Arnie a lesson is the very definition of cutting your nose off to spite your face....
Denzil
Has liked: 358 likes
Total likes: 529 likes

Post by Denzil »

Any fee at all and his £140k p/w wages off of the books and I will be happy.
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

I'm not even sure hes that good a finisher. Seems to need 2 or 3 good chances before he gets a goal, that's fine at Man Utd but if hes not offering anything else it wont work for us.

Number one priority this summer is a top forward.