Javier Hernandez Signs

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

StackerJJ

Re: Javier Hernandez Signs

Post by StackerJJ »

Have being saying about this fella for a while. People expect him to put in man of the match performances last year when he was playing up to alone against the likes of Citeh and Arsenal not getting the ball and being isolated.we now have a manager who is getting the ball up field quickly and on the floor and creating multiple changes per games. We're having 6/7 opportunities inside the box now (something we were struggling to get 1/2 last year) so it's not surprise this guy is coming good. He has a manager who knows how to get the best out of all players on the field.

More to come I hope.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2357 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

Rio wrote:

Nonsense CH.

His attitude stank. Nothing to do with mismanagement. If as a professional footballer you can’t adapt and be bothered to put effort in, when you’re paid £100k+ a week then it’s nothing short of a disgrace.
Well we will have to agree to disagree then. I wasn't particularly in support of signing him ybf as didn't think he was particularly good.
However he is a much much better player than I thought and I do not think there has ever been anything wrong with his attitude or application to be honest.
Playing under Moyes in random games with no support every now and again was a tough gig. It was like Moyes was trying to throw him under a bus at times
He is never going to be a player who runs round lilet a blue arsed fly chasing lost causes. That doesn't mean he is not putting effort in
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

His movement is top, top drawer off the ball awaiting to receive a pass, cross or assist. And when we do get the delivery to him right in the box, it's usually goodnight Vienna for the oppo. If I was a defender facing his movement, I'd be leaving a litter of kittens all over the pitch trying to keep up with him. The only time that doesn't work, is when he's totally isolated up front with no one within a 50 yard radius of him like he had to put up with constantly under Moyes either here or at Man Utd. But in general, his movement is a joy to watch and would be a real education to specifically watch for any budding young Striker learning the trade.

One other thing I really like about Mr all he does is score goals, is the link up play he get involved with often coming deeper to help the moves on. Then as soon as he's laid his pass off, his next thought is to bust a gut head down for the box in anticipation for a successful ball to find him, being so alert that he is when he's finally in the box.
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 676 likes
Total likes: 1969 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

Every striker misses chances TPP. It’s only really a problem when they are costing us. Hernandez has put 3 of his away in 3 games and that’s all you can ask for. Chances are he would’ve had one at Cardiff had Arnie squared to him twice in the first half. As much as a goalscorer as he is, he does have other attributes. His movement in the box for one is as good as any, and his link up play in general is pretty good. He also has this ability to draw defenders away to create space. I think it’s wrong to label him just a goalscorer (not necessarily saying you have as I saw a post above from you that said otherwise).

He may not be Messi/Ronaldo...but he’s certainly one of the most quality players we’ve had here. Just a shame it’s taken us so long to use him properly.
Espio
Has liked: 20 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Post by Espio »

I’m still not confident he’ll be here in February as it’s never entirely convincing he’s happy, even during his recent run of starts.

Did anyone else see his interaction with MP when going off? Walked straight past his offer of a handshake, which in turn caused the manager to turn around and say something to his back. All a bit childish.
jacko
Has liked: 60 likes
Total likes: 149 likes

Post by jacko »

TPP. I don’t know many strikers who don’t miss chances. And those that miss very few tend to play for the best clubs in the world.
Absolutely Hammered!
Has liked: 62 likes
Total likes: 254 likes

Post by Absolutely Hammered! »

Espio wrote:I’m still not confident he’ll be here in February as it’s never entirely convincing he’s happy, even during his recent run of starts.

Did anyone else see his interaction with MP when going off? Walked straight past his offer of a handshake, which in turn caused the manager to turn around and say something to his back. All a bit childish.
Hope this isn't true. On the one hand, if he doesn't respect Pell and there is an issue there then I don't want him to play but on the other hand he is giving his all for the shirt and is in great form atm so it's hard to drop him. Guess it's a case of neither parties having to like each other as long as Hernandez follows orders.
sutts07
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 539 likes

Post by sutts07 »

Espio wrote: Did anyone else see his interaction with MP when going off? Walked straight past his offer of a handshake, which in turn caused the manager to turn around and say something to his back. All a bit childish.
Yep, noticed that too. Wouldn't be at all surprised if Pellegrini gave him an absolute rocket at half time and told him a few home truths (which he no doubt hated) as he was poor in the first half.

Maybe I am being harsh but he seems to think that West Ham is all a bit beneath him. That said, he did seem to have some encouraging words for Diangana during the substitution and Noble gave him a good send off.
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 340 likes
Total likes: 362 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

I have not seen the MP/Chico interaction.

That's a shame as I was just coming onto the thread to say how much he looks like he is now enjoying his football, his celebration for all goals, smile as wide as you like and really getting into all the celebrations.

He appears to have lost a lil timber as well, so all in all I thought it was all good until the handshake :lol:
Coops
Has liked: 444 likes
Total likes: 574 likes

Post by Coops »

SiamHammer
Has liked: 1078 likes
Total likes: 203 likes

Post by SiamHammer »

His movement is brilliant in the box. Typified by his run when Snodders was about to cross against Newcastle, he darted in behind the defenders expecting the ball to go there and was bang on, also being ready to pounce from the free kick on Saturday. Read somewhere earlier that he said he's really enjoying his football again now

:crest:
Smonnie
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Smonnie »

Clacton-ammer wrote:That's a shame as I was just coming onto the thread to say how much he looks like he is now enjoying his football, his celebration for all goals, smile as wide as you like and really getting into all the celebrations.
Yes, I thought he looked really pleased on Saturday.

I haven't seen the Pellegrini thing either.
Fyodor

Post by Fyodor »

Espio wrote:I’m still not confident he’ll be here in February as it’s never entirely convincing he’s happy, even during his recent run of starts.

I think that was simply a case of him not having seen MP offering his hand. By all accounts, Hernandez has a great deal of respect for him.
Johnny_C WHU
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Johnny_C WHU »

I think the problem is the way we have been set up tactically did not lend itself to bring the best out of the little pea.

We were playing five at the back with no midfield presence to speak of. Our style of football was to lump it forward to counter attack and we needed a striker who could carry the ball and as a converted winger that is why Arnie was so successful.
Hernandez wasn't strong or skilful enough to do that job for us, he would jump 20ft in the air clutching his ankle.

I will say and maintain that he wasn't suited to that, he wasn't what we needed however, as a forward he is fantastic. He pulls away from the defenders so well splitting them up and is there in the box when the ball drops.

I am hoping that Pellegrini can accommodate two strikers in the team because with that kind of support, Little Pea will be fantastic.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1903 likes
Total likes: 1613 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

he could play in a 1-1 with someone close to him as well....2 games running he put through balls to 1) Antonio and 2) Arnie....

I would guess that were he to give an "on form" either of them, they would have put it away..

or maybe Anderson behind him but that might be a bit of a waste now he's doing so well wide....

2 up top in tandem does leave us light in the midfield however.....
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2357 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

Hernandez could quite easily play 'up top' on his own as long as he was supported by the two wide forwards and midfield were prepared to get forward. He does so for Mexico

What he can't do is be expected to play a lone target man role with the ball punted at his head and expected to hold it up for ten seconds while the rest of the team make up the ground - which was what he was asked to do under Moyes
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1903 likes
Total likes: 1613 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

yeah but Mexico have a much more athletic midfield than we do !!!!!!!!!!

:D

(and technically better too)

oh and that little wide front man playing in Holland...I'd take him in a heartbeat..
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 676 likes
Total likes: 1969 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

Another decent performance from him. Moved into an area where he got away from Mawson, fantastic header onto Antonio for his goal. Linked up well with Antonio and was communicating with him non stop.

Seems to have thrived with starts and someone upfront to work with.
bitter-iron-ny
Has liked: 198 likes
Total likes: 221 likes

Post by bitter-iron-ny »

Important info on Chicharito's babymama :wink:

https://www.periodistadigital.com/ameri ... hijo.shtml
ironilunga
Has liked: 378 likes
Total likes: 1193 likes

Post by ironilunga »

Rio wrote:His attitude stank. Nothing to do with mismanagement. If as a professional footballer you can’t adapt and be bothered to put effort in, when you’re paid £100k+ a week then it’s nothing short of a disgrace..
When signing players I do think as a club we have to give real thought as to their motivation in coming to us. Anderson, Yarmalenko, Lanzini, Diop etc all came with a motivation of cracking the prem. West Ham was a step up for Snodders, Rice is young and ambitious, so is Diagana.

What is Hernandez motivation? He has done it all in the prem with Man Utd and played at the highest level. I don’t necessarily think he is not trying but rather he does not have that motivation to give that extra
Subconscious 10% that others are doing.

Motivation and personality are almost as important as ability when we are paying big bucks.