Javier Hernandez Signs

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Re: Javier Hernandez Signs

Post by thejackhammer »

Colours never run wrote:So we convincingly win against Watford keeping a clean sheet involving both Hernandez and Antonio from the start and both dropped for the next match so we could make sure the Team defends a lot better at Anfield.

4-1 and it could have been double that.

Nope? Me neither.

Evra starting an intense game in God knows how long since being shunned by Marseille and Lanzini too who has only just come back from a lengthy injury.
I forgot the attacking prowess of Watford matches that of Liverpool.

We kept Deeney and co quiet, Salah, Firmino and Mane should be no problem.

Hindsight’s a wonderful thing.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2356 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

FWIW I didnt think antonio shoukd have started. However Hernandez definitely shoukd in place of lanzini or Mario. When yo are playing a team better than you, you want your best 'goalscorer' on the pitch so that any half chances that are created by set pieces, mistakes etc have the best chance of being finished

I am not sure he we will play hernandez against Swansea. I tbink it will be kouyate supporting lanzini and Arnoutivuc with another body in midfield
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Jack

We got battered yesterday. Not even close to competing and yet he dropped 2 in form players for 2 who haven't played in a while. I see no good argument to justify in form players being dropped considering how well as a Team we played in the last game both defensively and attacking wise, regardless of opposition (one who had convincingly beat Chelsea in the match before ours). And when he does bring on at least 1 of those in-form players, he scores within seconds but continues to resist playing Hernandez until the last throws of the game when the game was finally out of sight.

Still, at least we looked solid from back to front..
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5556 likes
Total likes: 3053 likes

Post by MB »

il_martello_di_genovesi wrote:I agree with Crouchy.

Hernandez looks like he has his confidence back. Started scoring again and enjoys playing with Arnie. I would have liked to have seen him start. I can understand why Moyes did it, but I would rather see them two upfront together as much as possible. Not sure what playing computer games has to do with that...
Would you have picked Lanzini as well? If yes then you are in video game land as that formation against the best counter attacking team in the league is suicide in real life.

Yes we lost anyway, but the best chance of getting something from the game was what Moyes did. That was only a slim chance anyway. We move on.
Crouchend_Hammer

I woukd have had Lanzini or mario on the bench
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

a defence containing evra Collins and zabaleta was always going to get caught out. they attacked down the flanks against our old fullbacks.

onto Swansea where Hernandez and Arnie should be back together

however will moyes go to not lose rather than win ?
Yea Why Not
Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Post by Yea Why Not »

We can argue over whether or not Chico should have started but end of the day its irellivent when only one of your back 5 is up to it against arguably the best attack in the world right now. We could have had Kane up front and it wouldnt have made the slightest bit of difference. Oggy aside our defenders just aint good enough. Hopefully Reid can rediscover some form and fitness otherwise I can see us having to score a fair few in the coming weeks
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 676 likes
Total likes: 1969 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

MB wrote:
Would you have picked Lanzini as well? If yes then you are in video game land as that formation against the best counter attacking team in the league is suicide in real life.
Video game/computer/FIFA...the new silly KUMB insult I see.

As for starting them all, that’s something you have come up with yourself. No one has said they all should’ve started. Lanzini hasn’t played for a month, he didn’t need to put straight back into the team for Hernandez.
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5556 likes
Total likes: 3053 likes

Post by MB »

It has been an insult on here for as long as I can remember tbf...

No one other than CH in the match thread:
Crouchend_Hammer wrote:Not that fussed about the result, but would like us to go there with more intent than simply not to concede.

Adrian

Zab
Ogbonna
Collins
Cresswell
Evra

Noble
Kouyate

Lanzini
Arnie
Hernandez

Antonio and Mario options off the bench
Crouchend_Hammer

A back five and two defensive minded midfielders (even in kouyate is somewhat erratic). Hardly hoping for an Ossie Ardiles formation.
Replace Lanzini with Mario or Antonio. Not fussed, but keep the two players who can actually score goals on the pitch
Fyodor

Post by Fyodor »

He doesn't miss any of the chances Lanzini and Arnautovic did today. FU Moyes.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Fyodor wrote:He doesn't miss any of the chances Lanzini and Arnautovic did today. FU Moyes.

Yup. He would have buried at least 1 of them. The issue was a lack of supply not because he can't finish. He is our best Striker at the Club all season and should be starting most games, not benched. Pair him with another or as a front 3 but not overlook him so much, especially at home.

Chucking him late on once the games gone for a token run around is just rubbing insult into injury.
trevshead10may1980

Post by trevshead10may1980 »

He should be starting in every game. Moyes has lost a lot of respect from me for this gross stupidity.
Yea Why Not

Post by Yea Why Not »

Last week Hernandez was as bad as it gets so why anyone was surprised he didnt start yesterday I dont know. We sacrifice a body when he starts in the hope a chance falls to him and to be honest I can understand why a manager wouldn't take that risk every game when we are in the sh't. First half I thought was ok yesterday, you'd certainly have hoped that at least one of Arnie or Lanzini would put their chances away
Fyodor

Post by Fyodor »

Bad as it gets? Last week, he put two incisive passes into Arnautovic, who wasted those chances by making his runs too early and getting caught offsides.

This time around, he puts in a great cross and Arnautovic heads it straight at the keeper.

Lanzini and Arnie seem to be immune from criticism lately, whereas now after every bad match everyone else is automatically s--t.

Ffs, it's not that simple.
Yea Why Not

Post by Yea Why Not »

Fyodor wrote:Bad as it gets? Last week, he put two incisive passes into Arnautovic, who wasted those chances by making his runs too early and getting caught offsides.

This time around, he puts in a great cross and Arnautovic heads it straight at the keeper.

Lanzini and Arnie seem to be immune from criticism lately, whereas now after every bad match everyone else is automatically s--t.

Ffs, it's not that simple.
Hernandez was awful last week. No way should he have came out for the second half. Lanzini has been poor lately for sure but is our best play maker by a mile just as Arnie is our most effective front man by a mile. Until we have other players who can do their job anywhere near to their level they'll play when fit and rightly so
Crouchend_Hammer

8 games to go

A back four
LanziNI, rice and noble in midfield
Antonio, hernandez and arnie up top

Let's just get the players who can score on the pitch
Fyodor

Post by Fyodor »

Yea Why Not wrote:
Hernandez was awful last week. No way should he have came out for the second half. Lanzini has been poor lately for sure but is our best play maker by a mile just as Arnie is our most effective front man by a mile. Until we have other players who can do their job anywhere near to their level they'll play when fit and rightly so
Well you certainly did a good job of rebutting my argument factually, didn't you?
Yea Why Not

Post by Yea Why Not »

Fyodor wrote:
Well you certainly did a good job of rebutting my argument factually, didn't you?
Your argument? You mean the bit where you insisted he did alright last week as he played a couple of passes to an offside player? :lol:
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:8 games to go

A back four
LanziNI, rice and noble in midfield
Antonio, hernandez and arnie up top

Let's just get the players who can score on the pitch
At least 4 of the clubs we are playing would cricket score beat us, if we set up like that (the FBs are way over-exposed).