Javier Hernandez Signs

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 813 likes
Total likes: 3033 likes

Re: Javier Hernandez Signs

Post by the pink palermo »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote: This sort of thing is becoming very predictable now mate.
That's unfair .

From when I expressed doubts about him when he signed , up until my comments with regards this issue I've not written a single critical word of him .Furthermore I made it clear in my little summary last night he did ok yesterday other than this one problem .I give Sakho stick for this sort of thing , and I'm consistent , I believe it undermines the Manager, destroys team morale and is just plain childishness .I wouldn't accept it from a 10 year old .
rare as rockinghorse shat wrote: Anyway, I've settled our bet.
:thup:

For the record, before the match yesterday I posted that I expected Hernadez to get a couple and for me to have to cough up .
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 78 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

I know you want him to do well and I know from the start you've taken the route of expressing concern. Why, I'm not too sure, given that there's been nothing to suggest that it'd be warranted.

I think the guy is hugely frustrated and really wants to do well. He isn't nor never has been the type to spit his dummy out nor undermine teammates nor managers.
He has passion and wears his heart on his sleeve and is not happy with the way things are going for him or the team - I like to see it.

It'd just be good if you allowed yourself to perhaps see it that way for once.
JerseyHammer
Has liked: 169 likes
Total likes: 170 likes

Post by JerseyHammer »

Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6757 likes
Total likes: 2352 likes

Post by Colours never run »

It's one of the reasons why I want us to flood the midfield with varying degrees of creativity be it a cross, through ball, ball over the top, quick player running with the ball between the lines. A 5 man midfield will give him more than enough ammunition to work with.

I also think someone like Sakho would be a good foil for him too as a pair up top.

Having said that, I don't think he's particularly 'struggling', as he's mostly been in form and been decent since he's played with us. It's the system and players around him that have mainly struggled so far this season, not him specifically. He's almost 1 in 2 and that doesn't include the time he rattled the bar and a few other efforts that came very close to scoring.

He's not the problem and Bilic needs to stop taking him off when he's been one of our better players at the time of subbing him. Her be one of the last I'd think to take off unless absolutely necessary, especially so early in the season.
Nesticles

Post by Nesticles »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote: I think the guy is hugely frustrated and really wants to do well..
A bit gutted it has reached this stage already, less than 10 games into the season and with a striker we have been desperately in need of for years.

That said, I'm not that surprised. It seems fairly routine that Bilic won't be here next season, the changing room must know that more than anyone. There are already players in there he has previously clashed with before, his Captain is out of form and may not being having the usual type of influence he does.

It's going to be a long season
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by fmgod »

I rate him as a goal poacher, his reading of situations is phenomenal but I don't see why people think he cares, he is a mercenary he will go where the bucks are whether that's West Ham or Wimbeldon. His our most natural fox in the box in years though bit like Demba Ba
StackerJJ

Post by StackerJJ »

fmgod wrote:I rate him as a goal poacher, his reading of situations is phenomenal but I don't see why people think he cares, he is a mercenary he will go where the bucks are whether that's West Ham or Wimbeldon. His our most natural fox in the box in years though bit like Demba Ba
There is a big difference between going to a club for money and being a "mercenary" yes he is more than likely here because we gave him the best possible financial deal but to call him a mercenary because of it is completely wrong. Not once has he given anything less than 100% in a west ham shirt. His ethics have not once been questionable while playing for west ham. Do I think he'll stay at west ham?Ii'm not overly convinced but I trust while he plays for this club he will have the best intentions for the team while wearing the shirt making him FAR from a mercenary.

He is the best forward we have had at the club for many a year. This weekend he was subbed because he had been out of the country for 10 days on a totally different time zone and arrive 2 days before the game. Slav starting him shows that he believes in him and subbing him was inevitable before the game kicked off and every single fan knew it was going to happen due to the travel he had done. Lets not think it was for any other reason.
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 770 likes

Post by Billydinho »

fmgod wrote:I rate him as a goal poacher, his reading of situations is phenomenal but I don't see why people think he cares, he is a mercenary he will go where the bucks are whether that's West Ham or Wimbeldon. His our most natural fox in the box in years though bit like Demba Ba
Exactly. He's a fox in the box, he needs service. If he doesn't get service then he's pretty redundant.

Yet because he's a big name every gumbo in the crowd automatically thinks he's a superstar who would score a hat-trick every week if it wasn't for Bilic substituting him, despite the fact he probably hasn't had a shot all game.
Albie Beck
Has liked: 629 likes
Total likes: 654 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

fmgod wrote: I don't see why people think he cares
Really?
I think it's obvious that the sheer desire and will to win he (and Zab) regularly display is an example to the rest of our players of the attitude and standards that top players attain, and more of ours should be aspiring to.
Mega Ron
Has liked: 168 likes
Total likes: 171 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

He was never the striker we needed with the squad we have.

I'd rather have him than not have him but he just doesn't fit. Just like Ayew. Just like Arnautovic.

Can we have a joined up transfer policy please?
uptonparkhurst
Location: The World Wide Web - where men are men,women are men,and children are the Metropolitan Police
Has liked: 64 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by uptonparkhurst »

Mega Ron wrote:He was never the striker we needed with the squad we have.

I'd rather have him than not have him but he just doesn't fit. Just like Ayew. Just like Arnautovic.

Can we have a joined up transfer policy please?
100% agree.
Nesticles

Post by Nesticles »

Mega Ron wrote:He was never the striker we needed with the squad we have.
I think if Lanzini had not been injured and Noble in better form, we would have currently seen a lot more out of Hernandez
Mega Ron wrote:Can we have a joined up transfer policy please?
Agree, 100%
Ozza
Has liked: 943 likes
Total likes: 2392 likes

Post by Ozza »

I've been saying for ages that we have no clear transfer plan / strategy / policy, it's ridiculous.

It feels scattergun at best and is driven by "names" being available rather than finding players that the manager needs to play in the shape he wants.

Sully's ego supported by Jacks latest version of football manager springs to mind, our manager and his requests can go to hell
Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 540 likes
Total likes: 424 likes

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

He is a striker that thrives on good service. He's not the kind of player who will beat two players with a bit of skill then bend it in the top corner from 25 yards. His game is in the penalty area, that's where he makes the difference. If we get him in there more and give him the ball he will score goals. Sounds simple and it actually is!

I'm hoping now that Carroll is missing for a game he will get to play in his preferred position, and Lanzini can find him with the kind of balls he needs. If not he will continue to buzz around but being ineffective with it.
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 782 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

it's such a bizarre redundant statement to make that "he requires service". all strikers require service. that's the object of a game of football for the most part. provide service for a player in a dangerous area to put the ball in the net while keeping it out of your won.
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 770 likes

Post by Billydinho »

Beavis Danzig wrote:it's such a bizarre redundant statement to make that "he requires service". all strikers require service. that's the object of a game of football for the most part. provide service for a player in a dangerous area to put the ball in the net while keeping it out of your won.
Not really.

Thierry Henry v Ruud Van Nistlerooy is the ideal debate for this. Drop either in West Ham's team - who do you think would score more?
kingvikingstad

Post by kingvikingstad »

Beavis Danzig wrote:it's such a bizarre redundant statement to make that "he requires service". all strikers require service. that's the object of a game of football for the most part. provide service for a player in a dangerous area to put the ball in the net while keeping it out of your won.
Fair, but I think the implication is more that he's not a player that creates chances for himself.

I really believe that with Lanzini fit and AC out of the team, he will get a lot more service. I've been waiting all year to see the following lineup, which I believe is our best XI and has enough creativity to create chances for Chicarito.

Hernandez
Arnautovic-Lanzini-Antonio
Obiang-Kouyate
Masuaku-Fonte-Reid-Zabaleta

I mean, it's shocking how much better we've looked at linking midfield-to-attack with even just Lanzini back, nevermind AC out of the team and Obiang back fit as well.
szola
Has liked: 590 likes
Total likes: 353 likes

Post by szola »

Ozza wrote:I've been saying for ages that we have no clear transfer plan / strategy / policy, it's ridiculous.
Yes, we do.

Our policy is to get bang for our buck.

We try to achieve this by either
A - Sign a freebie
B - Sign a cheap option from abroad who is recommended by a scout / agent
C - Sign a young talent
D - Loan a player, with option to buy

In either scenario, we want to minimize our risk. On the flip side, we end up with few potential assets to market.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 144 likes
Total likes: 2406 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

How does that explain Hernandez, Ayew and Arnautovic?
szola
Has liked: 590 likes
Total likes: 353 likes

Post by szola »

Hernandez is B, considering his position and career.

Ayew and Arnautovic are cheap domestic marquee signings. Call it B pt II :)

It's always about the buck, first and foremost