Javier Hernandez Signs

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

EastleighHammer16
Has liked: 234 likes
Total likes: 1676 likes

Re: Javier Hernandez Signs

Post by EastleighHammer16 »

Chicha always gets stick but at least he plays and puts effort in despite wanting to leave for the last 12 months unlike a certain other sulky Austrian. Thought he played really well last night up against the best defence in the league and on his own. More of the same on Saturday, Chich. :thup:
Vic_Watson
Has liked: 166 likes
Total likes: 258 likes

Post by Vic_Watson »

He even had a shot fom outside the area! A good one too.
Cellar-door
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 297 likes

Post by Cellar-door »

He was terrific in the first half, both in getting his own opportunities and in setting up others. Tired a bit late, but still really encouraging, would like to see him get the start against Palace even if Arnie is fit.
steveyrockstar
Has liked: 171 likes
Total likes: 782 likes

Post by steveyrockstar »

Vic_Watson wrote:He even had a shot fom outside the area! A good one too.
The new Tony Yeboah
Ladzini

Post by Ladzini »

Think he played well last night. At times was left isolated up front against Van Dijk which is a thankless task.

Deserves to keep his place even if Arnie is back.
Vienna
Has liked: 157 likes
Total likes: 291 likes

Post by Vienna »

His 1st goal for Madrid weren't bad:-

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Vic_Watson
Has liked: 166 likes
Total likes: 258 likes

Post by Vic_Watson »

Vienna wrote:His 1st goal for Madrid weren't bad:-

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Didn't Ronaldo looked thrilled for him:

"Why didn't you square it for me, amigo?"

:D
MooresTheHero
Has liked: 1226 likes
Total likes: 48 likes

Post by MooresTheHero »

Vic_Watson wrote:He even had a shot fom outside the area! A good one too.
I thought it was going in :lol:
richneal
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia. 5,000 miles from goal.
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 12 likes

Post by richneal »

Up the Junction wrote:Of course, offer that point of view on Twitter and you'll be accused of expressing an "awful opinion" and having a "massive agenda". Such is the level of intelligent debate on social media...
https://twitter.com/kumbdotcom/status/1 ... 8471704576
:thup:
I'm actually more surprised there are a few reasonable responses to your posts - without insulting you while they hide behind a keyboard . . .

On the plus side, if you're going to have an agenda why not have a humungous one?
goa127
Has liked: 454 likes
Total likes: 291 likes

Post by goa127 »

I thought Hernandez was much improved on recent displays but still seemed to suffer from an inability to maintain concentration for more than half a game. Seems to have a better effect as a 30 min sub. (as at manu). rather than as a starter. Hope to see arnie back Saturday, sulkiness notwithstanding.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 486 likes
Total likes: 1491 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

Yeah Chipolata seems to be improving as well. long ,may it continue.
PortCityIron
Has liked: 31 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by PortCityIron »

Think he’s been enjoying a tidy spell since Marko went off the rail a bit. Happy to see him in this purple patch and seems to have buckled down recently. Lots more running and seems to have taken on a bit of a different attitude. The official site released another “in the furnace” videos (which I happen to really like) and in it he’s the only one jogging off the pitch at half and continues to do so once in the tunnel to the dressing rooms. Long may he continue to have a hand in our goals :tune:
StackerJJ

Post by StackerJJ »

He will always get stick because of the way he plays but he's so important for me. If you really dissect his game he really offers so much off the ball in an attacking sense he plays a massive part in goals without having to touch the ball, score the goal or make the assist.

Think we've looked very good with him leading the line, I personally would play him and Arnie together both improve us in an attacking sense. Arnie more for his counter attacking and ball chasing and Hernandez for his movement and space creation. COYI
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6757 likes
Total likes: 2352 likes

Post by Colours never run »

StackerJJ wrote:He will always get stick because of the way he plays but he's so important for me. If you really dissect his game he really offers so much off the ball in an attacking sense he plays a massive part in goals without having to touch the ball, score the goal or make the assist.

Think we've looked very good with him leading the line, I personally would play him and Arnie together both improve us in an attacking sense. Arnie more for his counter attacking and ball chasing and Hernandez for his movement and space creation. COYI
You and me, both. I think a lot of the negative stuff said about him is overplayed. He does have his frustrating moments with the occasional toy throwing excerise but in the main he's still a quality Striker who should continue being played. If only he was played more often and not left on the bench so much.

I also happen to believe the Team functions better with him than Arnautovic if it's one or the other. Our form has picked up this season rather with Hernandez than Arnautovic. But if at all possible I'd like to also see them both in the same side to see how they get on.
StackerJJ

Post by StackerJJ »

Agree with that CNR, most of our best attacking moments are when he's on the pitch whether he is directly involved or not he gives good players something they thrive off (space).

Hope we see him starting between now and the end of the season.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6757 likes
Total likes: 2352 likes

Post by Colours never run »

He continues to lead the line well, linking play effortlessly at times, he doesn't get enough praise for on and off the ball work, I feel often goes unnoticed. We look so fluid as a Team when he's playing up top and it's given Pellegrini a good headache because he's undroppable right now.
Last edited by Colours never run on Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cellar-door
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 297 likes

Post by Cellar-door »

Colours never run wrote:He continues to lead the line well, linking play effortlessly at times, he doesn't get enough praise for on and off the ball work I feel often goes unnoticed. We look so fluid as a Team when he's playing up top and it's given Pellegrini a good headache because he's unstoppable right now.
I think too many people who never saw him play regularly bought into the "he's just a poacher" idea because he always scores in the box. He's a better passer and has better movement than any striker we've had in some time.
e17
Has liked: 293 likes
Total likes: 977 likes

Post by e17 »

MOTM for me today.

Worked his nuts off for the team
costa75
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 31 likes

Post by costa75 »

e17 wrote:MOTM for me today.

Worked his nuts off for the team
Certainly put a shift in.......
Beedub
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Beedub »

Great shift by him tonight

If he stays for another season I think we will see the best out of him with a fit Lanzini in the squad.