Javier Hernandez Signs

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Robbie
Has liked: 68 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Re: Javier Hernandez Signs

Post by Robbie »

Keep Hernandez, give him Arnies performance related bonus next season. Explain to him that if he dives about he will relinquish this bonus even if he scores.
Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here
Has liked: 164 likes
Total likes: 1112 likes

Post by Rio »

Still a shithouse. One swallow does not make a Summer as the saying goes.
Robbie
Has liked: 68 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by Robbie »

Rio wrote:Still a shithouse. One swallow does not make a Summer as the saying goes.
Mmmm... He's looking like a starter at last for me. Needs a chat about the god awful cheating though.
Korea Hammer
Has liked: 1332 likes
Total likes: 797 likes

Post by Korea Hammer »

I love him. We've been desperate for a natural goalscorer like him for decades.
LeonRivers
Has liked: 1033 likes
Total likes: 392 likes

Post by LeonRivers »

devonshire flu wrote:I think that Javier Hernandez now has the most Premier League goals as a substitute.

I might be wrong, though.
He’s way behind Defoe. Just behind Giroud.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1993 likes
Total likes: 1670 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

jackhammer

I don't see the obvious connection to giving someone a performance based extra money deal when as you say, he had all but handed in a transfer request.

his brother was touting early doors that he didn't deserve to be on a relegation team and started making noises about a move

then we got the China thing (I think I said at the time I had no problem with someone wanting to make so much money in a short time for his family) and he missed 2 important games because he head wasn't right.

our season went into freefall since then

I can't get behind the board for doing this with respect to increasing performance related performance money. it's like giving someone a weekly wage and then paying them for showing up.

I don't care whether or not it wasn't a "pay raise" he got something he wasn't entitled to.

imvho
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

It was a shot at getting him to perform when he otherwise wouldnt.

As I said the only other option was letting him rot in the reserves as he'd downed tools.

Unfortunately it didnt work, but had he gone back to pre-Christmas levels it would have paid off. And we haven't lost anything as he isnt getting paid anymore unless he performs. I dont see the issue.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1993 likes
Total likes: 1670 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

fair enough mate

we'll agree to disagree.....
Vienna
Has liked: 157 likes
Total likes: 291 likes

Post by Vienna »

Proper good attitude this fella, always gives his all and talented to match. :crest:
goa127
Has liked: 454 likes
Total likes: 291 likes

Post by goa127 »

Vienna wrote:Proper good attitude this fella, always gives his all and talented to match. :crest:
His attitude is good when he's only got half an hour to play. I've thought about this and I reckon unlike many players, while he's on the bench he analyses what's going wrong and where his opportunities may come. He then throws himself into the game keen to capitalise on the gaps he's seen. When he starts he just strolls about aimlessly. Never EVER start him. He only ever has 30 mins football in him
SirStoneyOfBow
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by SirStoneyOfBow »

The most bipolar player in the most bipolar team in the league. Arguably you could say Filipe Anderson fits the profile but today he was our savior.
traxop

Post by traxop »

I'm starting to think Hernandez's true talent is his ability to somehow sneak unnoticed to the far side of the box. How many times has he gotten himself on the other side of the box unmarked, without having to ever contest for a header.
Hammersfaniow
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Hammersfaniow »

Korea Hammer wrote:I love him. We've been desperate for a natural goalscorer like him for decades.
:thup:

Don’t like the diving element, but think people went a bit OTT saying he shouldn’t play for us again after trying to win the pen. People wanted Masuaku to never wear the shirt again after he spat at another player, don’t see anyone still thinking he should be booted out the club though.

Definitely deserves to start the next game, Arnie just looked lazy and spent all his energy being frustrated with himself.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6757 likes
Total likes: 2352 likes

Post by Colours never run »

He continues to prove we play better as a Team with him up front, than with Arnautovic under Pellegrini. The style of football suits him more, because he doesn't f*** about in the build up, receives the ball then instantly pops it off before hairing for the box. We look much more of a threat going forward in Pellegrinis style and it's happened for most of the season now. Like I've been crying out for so long, the problem isn't not playing Hernandez, it's that we didn't play him enough. Because the more he plays, the more likely he and us are likely to score.

That said, I still reckon there is a way of playing both, but I think it's as a front 3 but with Arnautovic back as a wide Forward with Hernandez up front and Anderson or Lanzini on the other side.
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

He's okay, but for some reason he's so much more effective as a sub.

If we could buy a first team striker in the Summer I'd be doing everything to convince Hernandez to stay as super sub.
Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here
Has liked: 164 likes
Total likes: 1112 likes

Post by Rio »

Colours never run wrote:He continues to prove we play better as a Team with him up front, than with Arnautovic under Pellegrini. The style of football suits him more, because he doesn't **** about in the build up, receives the ball then instantly pops it off before hairing for the box. We look much more of a threat going forward in Pellegrinis style and it's happened for most of the season now. Like I've been crying out for so long, the problem isn't not playing Hernandez, it's that we didn't play him enough. Because the more he plays, the more likely he and us are likely to score.

That said, I still reckon there is a way of playing both, but I think it's as a front 3 but with Arnautovic back as a wide Forward with Hernandez up front and Anderson or Lanzini on the other side.

We don’t though. We play better as a team with a fit and motivated Arnie. Someone with ability and who is able to hold the ball up. Javier is a bit of a flat track bully. It’s all well and good, like yesterday when he comes on as a sub, with countless attacking options around him against, let’s be fair a poor defence, but he doesn’t do it when he starts. He doesn’t do it against top class defences regularly enough.

Yes he got us out of jail yesterday, but Huddersfield had 5 all out attacking options to contend with. They were tiring, getting swamped and panic set in. If he has more than 35 minutes in him based on his career here then I’m watching a different game.
Hammersfaniow
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Hammersfaniow »

/\ /\

Apparently he is motivated. Signed a new contract that proved his dedication to us when he ‘came back’ and told us he’d be doing his all for the club. So currently, we do play better with him in the team. And I’d rather that than risk what Arnie is going to turn up, as we haven’t seen him be any good in about 3 months
Last edited by Hammersfaniow on Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Swiss Pauli
Has liked: 435 likes
Total likes: 163 likes

Post by Swiss Pauli »

Hernandez can bag goals in a front two and can be a willing worker up top on his own, but his hold up play is not good enough to be a successful solo striker.

We don't have the central midfielders to play 4-4-2 all the time. Pellegrini does not play 3-5-2, so he'll only be sub or get the occasional start against struggling sides where the manager is happy to play 4-4-2.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2501 likes
Total likes: 4405 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

I think it's a case of who to use and when.

Hernandez' gets his goals inside the box. Half of them have come in the last ten minutes of matches this season and all of them have come against bottom six/seven.

Arnautovic has been the better option against better teams, having bagged goals against Arsenal, Man U, Everton etc. The issue with Arnautovic is that the transfer saga has had an impact and some are now keen to jump on everything he does. He was no worse than Lanzini or Anderson yesterday.

Pellegrini seems to think that Nasri was the difference yesterday. The playmaker(s) had been ineffective.
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2689 likes
Total likes: 1788 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

bubbles1966 wrote:
Arnautovic has been the better option against better teams - The issue with Arnautovic is that the transfer saga has had an impact and some are now keen to jump on everything he does. He was no worse than Lanzini or Anderson yesterday.

Pellegrini seems to think that Nasri was the difference yesterday.
You could make a case for Cresswell being the difference yesterday as 3 of our goals resulted from corners taken by him but football is a team sport and a few of our players contributed - Nasri , Anderson , Cresswell , Ogbonna and of course , Hernandez .

After giving away 3 goals I thought we worked hard and showed a lot of patience - Hernandez is a natural goalscorer , definitely worth keeping for next season - as is our best player Marko Arnautovic .

Marko is in desperate need of a goal but I do feel he needs to look for the ball more .

Buy a new striker but keep both Arnautovic and Hernandez .