Diafra Sakho

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Diafra Sakho

Postby hammerdivone on Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:05 pm

mumbles87 wrote:A lot of people don't believe everything they are told or read in the papers

It's amazing how many on here do though
hammerdivone

Postby steps on Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:53 am

Scored for Senegal yesterday.

Deserves a start on Saturday, he's in good form.
steps

Postby ironilunga on Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:51 am

steps wrote:Deserves a start on Saturday, he's in good form.

One of a few tests Bilic will face selection wise over the coming few weeks. Forgotten players or players of lesser profile are currently running hot. Sakho and Masuaku both should start against Burnley. Meanwhile Sakho's soon to be expiring contract must be keeping the board awake at night - 25 mil of player right there.
ironilunga

Postby Puff Daddy on Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:10 am

It is an absolute no brainer, he should be in the ****ing team
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton

Postby gegsy on Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:11 am

wildkard wrote:I still maintain that there's absolutely no way he would've gone to Rennes off of his own back, without the club's blessing. It's more likely Sullivan just changed his mind about flogging him. I'd imagine if there was any wrongdoing on Sakho's (or indeed Rennes) part Sullivan would be bleating on about it about five minutes after the story broke.

As far as I can see there has been no punishment either.
gegsy

Postby hammer1975 on Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:36 am

Have posted before but worth saying it again with regard to the Rennes transfer.

Rennes have stated consistently through French press (principally l'equipe that I read) that they had contact direct with the club, and believed they had broadly agreed a fee with the club and then the club seemed to change their mind. I'm not doubting that Sakho sounded like he wanted to go by the way.

There have clearly been more goings on with him than a failed transfer in the past but i reckon this one isn't on him.

I think he's nailed on to go in January though. He clearly wants to play for Senegal with the World Cup approaching. Their big Achilles heel in the Africa cup of nations was that central striker - Balde Diao, Mane and now M'Baye Niang all play just behind but need someone to pull the defence out of place to create space for them.....(especially as they are all pretty greedy imo). If Sakho is starting for a premier league or Ligue 1 side for the rest of the season he's their standout option there.
hammer1975

Postby Al on Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:46 am

Forget Carroll. Sakho has got to play. Out of our 3 strikers he has the best record. The management and chairmen have to recognise this.
Al

Postby Rays Rock on Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:11 am

Can he work in a front 2 with Hernandez ?
He's had a few stints with Carroll, that didn't seem to work out.
Then again Carroll has had a few stints with everyone and none of them seem reap huge goal threat !
Sakho had his best spell in a 2 with Valencia so maybe he can make it work with Hernandez.
Rays Rock

Postby ironilunga on Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:31 am

Rays Rock wrote:Can he work in a front 2 with Hernandez ?.

The worry is that Slav will try and shoehorn in two strikers to avoid tough decisions when only one is required . The following is how we should set up for an away game against Burnley IMO.

.....................Hart.........................

Zab.....,,,,,,Reid.....Fonte......Cresswell

Antonio.....Kouyate...Noble ...Masuaku

.....................Lanzini........................

.....................Sakho..........................
ironilunga

Postby Albie Beck on Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:07 am

Aceface wrote:More accurately, it's like Ringo doing a victory lap for Sgt Pepper if he'd refused to play on Rubber Soul and missed the entirety of Revolver with a hand injury.

Yeah but there'll always be Rain...
Albie Beck

Postby Yea Why Not on Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:21 am

steps wrote:Scored for Senegal yesterday.

Deserves a start on Saturday, he's in good form.

He needs to get his head down and earn back the manager's respect before he 'deserves' anything. I was chuffed when he scored the other day but then his celebration reminded me what he's all about
Yea Why Not

Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Postby e-20 on Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:37 am

hammer1975 wrote:Have posted before but worth saying it again with regard to the Rennes transfer.

Rennes have stated consistently through French press (principally l'equipe that I read) that they had contact direct with the club, and believed they had broadly agreed a fee with the club and then the club seemed to change their mind. I'm not doubting that Sakho sounded like he wanted to go by the way.

There have clearly been more goings on with him than a failed transfer in the past but i reckon this one isn't on him.

I think he's nailed on to go in January though. He clearly wants to play for Senegal with the World Cup approaching. Their big Achilles heel in the Africa cup of nations was that central striker - Balde Diao, Mane and now M'Baye Niang all play just behind but need someone to pull the defence out of place to create space for them.....(especially as they are all pretty greedy imo). If Sakho is starting for a premier league or Ligue 1 side for the rest of the season he's their standout option there.

It is quite clear that the club were happy for the transfer until whichever player they were planning to bring in fell through (no change there then) and they told him he couldn't move. It was that that led to his move to push it through the way he did. Sometimes common sense, a bit of historical knowledge of the parties involved and a grasp of the basic facts is all you need to get a handle on true events.
e-20

Postby e-20 on Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:45 am

Al wrote:Forget Carroll. Sakho has got to play. Out of our 3 strikers he has the best record. The management and chairmen have to recognise this.

If you didn't have to concern yourself about pissing off the alternatives by playing a player who doesn't want to be here and who won't be here much longer then yes it would be nailed on. Who would be a Manager where political concerns play an increasingly important role to what goes on on the pitch. Especially when you have struggled for years to field an effective striker for one reason or another.
e-20

Postby OFT on Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:48 am

ironilunga wrote:
Meanwhile Sakho's soon to be expiring contract must be keeping the board awake at night - 25 mil of player right there.

It's great that his form and 'fitness' are now up to speed but do wonder if that and his 'soon to be available' status are more than a coincidence.
OFT

Postby Wilko1304 on Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:40 pm

Can't decide to play one man up front and then drop Hernandez after asking him to do a job or wide.

Happy he's getting his shooting boots back, but he's behind at least one person in each of the three roles he could play. I'd even have him behind Antonio as a second striker
Wilko1304

Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"

Postby Rio on Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:50 pm

Tough to know what to do with him. When he starts games he by and large been pretty rank since that first season. He is more effective coming from the bench against tiring defenders.

Whether the conspiracy theorists like it or not, the mans a walking cob on. He truly looks on the cusp of a meltdown in some way or form
Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here

Postby the celestial insect on Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:52 pm

Is he likely to just walk at the end of his contract? And if so, is he now putting himself in the shop window?
the celestial insect

Postby Yea Why Not on Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:56 pm

the celestial insect wrote:Is he likely to just walk at the end of his contract? And if so, is he now putting himself in the shop window?

That would explain why he keeps flying to France. Maybe he moonlights as a manikin?!
Yea Why Not

Postby steps on Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:12 pm

Yea Why Not wrote:
He needs to get his head down and earn back the manager's respect before he 'deserves' anything. I was chuffed when he scored the other day but then his celebration reminded me what he's all about

He didn't celebrate his goal for Senegal funnily enough.
steps

Postby Yea Why Not on Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:27 pm

steps wrote:
He didn't celebrate his goal for Senegal funnily enough.

Think you missed my point mate. When he scored the last minute winner for us the other day instead of celebrating with his teammates who were jumping all over him all he was interesting in doing was blowing his own trumpet. The bloke is a bellend. When you've got a player of his standard and the majority of his club's fans wouldn't batter an eyelid if he left then that says it all for me
Yea Why Not

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion