Diafra Sakho

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Diafra Sakho

Postby e17 on Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:33 am

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:Taking everything ITKs say as gospel/ fact is a little bit naive IMHO

Devils advocate here, but I can understand people being peeved with the no-show in the FA Cup against Man U. All of that was fishy.
User avatar
e17
 
Posts: 7864
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:52 pm
Location: Deep deep down

Re: Diafra Sakho

Postby Colours never run on Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:47 am

Has he been offered a new contract yet, or 1 at least in the pipeline?
User avatar
Colours never run
 
Posts: 8287
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:46 am
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Re: Diafra Sakho

Postby hammernsickle on Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:08 pm

Think a lot of us have been a bit holier than thou in regards to him.

We are simply not good enough to wag our fingers at players behind the scenes behaviors, especially when we don't have the actual facts regarding his behavior. It is all conjecture and speculation, when the fact of the matter is that, when fit, he is our most consistent striker.

It is Slaven that needs to swallow some pride and start him. We seem to continually have players butting heads with managers here and when they leave they say it was due to him.

Play him and Hernandez up front and bench Andy. Defenses would piss themselves.
User avatar
hammernsickle
 
Posts: 278
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:14 pm
Location: Her Majesty's Rebellious Colonies

Re: Diafra Sakho

Postby Ladzini on Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:22 pm

hammernsickle wrote:Think a lot of us have been a bit holier than thou in regards to him.

We are simply not good enough to wag our fingers at players behind the scenes behaviors, especially when we don't have the actual facts regarding his behavior. It is all conjecture and speculation, when the fact of the matter is that, when fit, he is our most consistent striker.

It is Slaven that needs to swallow some pride and start him. We seem to continually have players butting heads with managers here and when they leave they say it was due to him.

Play him and Hernandez up front and bench Andy. Defenses would piss themselves.


hear hear.
User avatar
Ladzini
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:40 am

Re: Diafra Sakho

Postby somerset-hammer on Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:34 pm

hammernsickle wrote:
Play him and Hernandez up front and bench Andy. Defenses would piss themselves.



Why is that funny?
User avatar
somerset-hammer
 
Posts: 3552
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:05 am
Location: Arse end of nowhere

Re: Diafra Sakho

Postby hammers92 on Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:43 pm

I won't boo him, certainly won't cheer for him
User avatar
hammers92
 
Posts: 2955
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:42 pm

Re: Diafra Sakho

Postby HammerMan2004 on Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:44 am

User avatar
HammerMan2004
 
Posts: 18987
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2004 11:01 pm
Location: I have no idea.

Re: Diafra Sakho

Postby hammerdivone on Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:57 pm

Charm offensive, or someone who knows what they are talking about talking sense......
User avatar
hammerdivone
 
Posts: 21057
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2004 1:55 pm
Location: Somewhere between here and reality

Re: Diafra Sakho

Postby spod on Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:01 pm

I think Sakho is the Bilic bellwether.
It seems clear that they don’t get on. So he didn’t go to Lens for one of two reasons.
1. Sullivan thinks he can get more for him in January after a run of games and goals.
2. He’s staying, because he’s been told that Bilic is leaving.
If Sakho signs a new contract, close the book on Bilic leaving in the summer.
User avatar
spod
 
Posts: 228
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:28 am
Location: London

Re: Diafra Sakho

Postby somerset-hammer on Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:03 pm

spod wrote:close the book on Bilic leaving in the summer.


I think that book is already closed.
User avatar
somerset-hammer
 
Posts: 3552
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:05 am
Location: Arse end of nowhere

Re: Diafra Sakho

Postby wildkard on Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:19 pm

spod wrote:I think Sakho is the Bilic bellwether.
It seems clear that they don’t get on. So he didn’t go to Lens for one of two reasons.
1. Sullivan thinks he can get more for him in January after a run of games and goals.
2. He’s staying, because he’s been told that Bilic is leaving.
If Sakho signs a new contract, close the book on Bilic leaving in the summer.


Both, probably.

Sullivan has convinced him to to say, with the offer of a new deal, by giving it the "we love you Diafra. Screw Slaven, he'll be off soon". Whereas, as that makes no sense, it's probably simply Sullivan wants to sign him to a new deal to make a few more quid when he flogs him.
wildkard
 
Posts: 1279
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:55 pm

Re: Diafra Sakho

Postby LeonRivers on Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:32 am

Yea Why Not wrote:Think you missed my point mate. When he scored the last minute winner for us the other day instead of celebrating with his teammates who were jumping all over him all he was interesting in doing was blowing his own trumpet. The bloke is a bellend.

A bit like Cantona. Thank **** we don’t have him at his peak playing for us right now. Imagine how terrible that would be.
User avatar
LeonRivers
 
Posts: 6699
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:57 pm
Location: Way out of your league

Re: Diafra Sakho

Postby bobd_uk on Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:20 am

Yea Why Not wrote:Think you missed my point mate. When he scored the last minute winner for us the other day instead of celebrating with his teammates who were jumping all over him all he was interesting in doing was blowing his own trumpet. The bloke is a bellend.


If he scores winners for us, then I don't really care how he celebrates them.
bobd_uk
 
Posts: 7152
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2003 12:27 pm

Re: Diafra Sakho

Postby Yea Why Not on Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:40 am

LeonRivers wrote:A bit like Cantona


****ing hell I've heard it all now :wink:
User avatar
Yea Why Not
 
Posts: 16734
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:49 pm
Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Re: Diafra Sakho

Postby Yea Why Not on Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:42 am

bobd_uk wrote:
If he scores winners for us, then I don't really care how he celebrates them.


Absolutely. I want nothing more than for him to start performing. Fact is though he's been poor and insignificant for the best part of two years now
User avatar
Yea Why Not
 
Posts: 16734
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:49 pm
Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Re: Diafra Sakho

Postby Colours never run on Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:38 pm

Yea Why Not wrote:
Absolutely. I want nothing more than for him to start performing. Fact is though he's been poor and insignificant* for the best part of two years now




*Injured
User avatar
Colours never run
 
Posts: 8287
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:46 am
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Re: Diafra Sakho

Postby Yea Why Not on Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:38 am

Colours never run wrote:*Injured


No doubt injured for some of the past 2 years. I'd be amazed if he wasn't 'injured' for other parts though. He hasn't looked anything like the player he used to be when he's played either
User avatar
Yea Why Not
 
Posts: 16734
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:49 pm
Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Re: Diafra Sakho

Postby asters89 on Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:08 am

Yea Why Not wrote:He hasn't looked anything like the player he used to be when he's played either


I think this is a little harsh on him. He's been mostly restricted to late game substitute appearances this year but he looks like he still has the scoring touch.

Also from what I remember of the (was it 7?) game scoring run when he first arrived he was played up top in a two, either with Carroll or Valencia. Under Bilic he's been shunted out wide more often than not.

I say give him a run of games with Hernandez and see what he can do now he's back to fitness and has got his head straight (supposedly)
asters89
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:38 pm

Re: Diafra Sakho

Postby e-20 on Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:53 am

Colours never run wrote:
"Yea Why Not"
Absolutely. I want nothing more than for him to start performing. Fact is though he's been poor and insignificant* for the best part of two years now.


*Injured


Well he has been injured on and off (mostly and increasingly 'on') since the December of his first season. Thus the big question beyond his attitude problems (which is big in its own right) would be as to whether that problem is now in a state where it can be controlled/contained (it can't be cured) enough to make fitness at least reasonably reliable, or whether this is but a short term bout of fitness that will inevitably end up with him back on the treatment table sooner rather than later. Trouble is we outside the club can't do anything but guess (calculated or otherwise) upon that. Indeed I wonder how much better informed those inside are.
User avatar
e-20
 
Posts: 473
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:01 pm
Location: enfield

Re: Diafra Sakho

Postby Colours never run on Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:14 am

From what I can tell he's mostly been injured and having ongoing rehab work on his back to make sure he's over his long term injury for the long term which involved setbacks along the way and in between that tried to get back to playing but always held back from getting over his injury. He didnt help himself by kicking up a fuss when he was frustrated by not starting games playing a more prominent part however it's mainly been the injuries that have held him back.

I don't agree he's been nothing like he was in the past when he has made the odd cameo here and there as he's never lost his threat in front of goal and always been a nuisance to the opposition like this season has showed scoring regularly as well as assisting.
User avatar
Colours never run
 
Posts: 8287
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:46 am
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 61dicksey, Col Hammer, Collison Theory, El Diablo, Exiledin cardiff, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Hainault Hammer, maccario, Maldonboys, maltab, phazy, sanchoz, sgb1972, The Big Show, thejackhammer, tolbinc, 'Appy 'Ammer and 73 guests