Diafra Sakho

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Diafra Sakho

Postby CharlieLevy on Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:46 am

At £3.5m looks a bargain to me at the moment
CharlieLevy

Re: diafra sakho

Postby fjthegrey on Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:51 am

Dunno about using the word bargain after one game but he did look good yesterday.

Proper strikers movement, pulling defenders all over the place, moving across the back line, holdup play and looking to get in behind. Looks an all rounder.
fjthegrey

Postby CharlieLevy on Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:53 am

Yes its very soon, but all early signs are promising. Can see him and Enner forming a good partnership. Don't see where AC fits in especially with Zarate in behind aswell....

Its nice to actually have a few strikers for once to choose from!
CharlieLevy

Postby goose on Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:56 am

nice to have a mobile striker for once!! actually offers a threat in behind as well as from crosses.
goose

Postby Jedi Al Khalaas on Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:02 am

He also looked very good against Sheffield Utd , so not just one game wonder
Jedi Al Khalaas
Shut that door ...

Postby The Gibbins on Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:07 am

I was impressed, absolutely loved his work rate. Hopefully he can keep this up and he will be an important player for us! He was my man of the match in all honesty, he was always wanting the ball and chasing everything.
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat

Postby Scratchy on Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:07 am

fjthegrey wrote:Dunno about using the word bargain after one game but he did look good yesterday.

Proper strikers movement, pulling defenders all over the place, moving across the back line, holdup play and looking to get in behind. Looks an all rounder.

Played well against Sheff Utd too and in his brief cameo against Palace. Considering he's come from the French 2nd tier I'd say he seems to have adapted rather well so far. Agree entirely about him looking an all-rounder, his overall game seems to be very competent.
Scratchy

Postby CharlieLevy on Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:07 am

They both look like they know where the back of the net is aswell. Long may it continue!

If these 2 do continue as they are and AC gets straight back in the side when fit that will be ridiculous. These 2 have so much more to offer.
CharlieLevy

Postby Lincolnhammer92 on Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:28 am

I love him already. He'll be up there for signing of the year.
Lincolnhammer92

Postby Sloop John B on Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:31 am

Was a proper pain in the arse for Hull last night... Looking good for him.
Sloop John B
The voice of reason

Postby sosc67 on Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:56 am

Have been crying out for a striker like this for a while.Very good signing. :scarfer:
sosc67

Postby screech on Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:11 am

its nice to actually see a player make the effort especially after the deal almost went tits up
can see him showing appreciation similar to adrian and the rapour he has built with the fans
screech

Postby west ham morgan on Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:41 am

Played well, puts in 100% which I love to see in a West Ham player. Looks like a good buy
west ham morgan

Postby ageing hammer on Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:55 am

west ham morgan wrote:Played well, puts in 100% which I love to see in a West Ham player. Looks like a good buy

That's the best thing about him, his attitude.

You could tell by his interviews when he came here, he WANTS to do well for us and WANTS to give his all in every game.

I hope he becomes a hammers hero because unlike some other heavenly gifted footballers who can't be arsed to perform sometimes, this guy is a grafter and that is what I love to see in a West Ham player :)
ageing hammer

Postby Hambrosia Stu on Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:00 pm

goose wrote:nice to have a mobile striker for once!! actually offers a threat in behind as well as from crosses.

Indeed.
Carlton, bless him, used to offer that. And that's the reason, imo, that on his day he was unplayable at times. Those days are sadly gone it seems, but even last season I was pulling my hair out at times that we didn't try to play him in behind when the chance arose
We need a player who offers that option, and it's great that we now seem to have two who can offer alsorts of threats that we didn't get close to posing other teams last season

CharlieLevy wrote:They both look like they know where the back of the net is aswell. Long may it continue!

If these 2 do continue as they are and AC gets straight back in the side when fit that will be ridiculous. These 2 have so much more to offer.

Well, we certainly have no need to rush him back, like we have had to for most of his West Ham career so far. We can ease him back in, slowly, and carefully. Hopefully that will allow him to put all these foot injuries behind him, and we'll see the best of him (which I don't think we have so far)

Sure, early days, but I do agree the mobility and range of options those two provide makes you wonder how Carroll will fit into our new fluid, mobile, pacy attacking unit...
Hambrosia Stu

Postby Yea Why Not on Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:01 pm

A striker who moves well and has a physical presence about him. It is Christmas?
Yea Why Not

Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Postby I've got curly hair too on Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:26 pm

Looks like the end for Carlton now
I've got curly hair too

Postby WHUJohn on Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:26 pm

Puts in a proper shift this one, and loves it too.. :thup:
WHUJohn

Postby davids cross on Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:29 pm

CharlieLevy wrote:If these 2 do continue as they are and AC gets straight back in the side when fit that will be ridiculous. These 2 have so much more to offer.

They have different things to offer.......that's all. To me Sakho still looks very raw, though refreshingly so.

A fit and firing Carroll is an unplayable centre forward. Anyway, it's all about options, different styles..etc.

Far too much of slagging off Carroll. Him and Valencia is what I would be looking at long term. Forming opinions about players so early on in the season is always dangerous. And it also raises unfair expectation on the players involved. Sakho and Valencia have started one PL game together.
davids cross

Postby Cockneyboy311 on Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:33 pm

west ham morgan wrote:Played well, puts in 100% which I love to see in a West Ham player. Looks like a good buy

Win lose or draw thats all i ever ask of our players. He's young, he's hungry and he wants to be here :thup:
Cockneyboy311

Next

Return to General Discussion