Diafra Sakho

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Diafra Sakho

Postby simonirons on Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:35 pm

Thought it was quite widely acknowledged that when Sam does he's perosnal appearances/talks he openely states the owners are were a f****** nightmare.
simonirons

Postby libero on Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:04 pm

I'm not an ITK where West Ham is concerned, but, for the last 20 years I have been very ITK at another professional football club and that inside knowledge leads me to believe that, almost literally, anything is possible within the inner workings of modern day football.

Fallings out, fake injuries, real injuries hidden, relationship breakdowns hidden or exaggerated out of nothing, lies about wages, contracts, transfer bids and so on. So if that all goes on at the one club I know well, it would be impossible that similar things weren't going on at the club I love most.

So I am prepared to believe what Pink is implying about Sakho, his relationship with Bilic, his so called fitness or lack of it and so on.

But with all that said, I think it might be perfectly reasonable for DS to pull rank and insist that Sakho is on the bench against Man U, for the following reasons:

If the club are desperate to get shot of a difficult - even toxic player, then a 10 minute cameo in such a big televised match would be a perfect way of putting him in the shop window before the transfer window closes. He looks good and fit in his cameo & someone puts in a 5m bid? Why not? That this scenario undermines Bilic? Not if Bilic understands why this is being done. Especially given the fact that with AC perma crocked, Antonio injured, Chicharito not ready for 90 mins, Fletcher gone and Martinez completely untested in the PL, we're not exactly flush with top level strikers

What's the argument against 15 mins for Sakho at Old Trafford - whatever we think of the guy as a person?
libero

Postby the pink palermo on Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:17 pm

Libero for me the issue comes down to the player effectively trying to force a move through a consistent period of bad behaviour .

For contracts to have meaning they should be enforced , you can bet Sakho will squeeze some cash out of any transfer fee agreed anyway , so I'd happily see him rot in the reserves , give him no stage to showcase his talent and let him go on a free next summer .

I'd also warn every other club Chairman in the UK as to his behaviour and stick a "buyer beware" label on him that only a fool would ignore .

Players have to learn that being a professional isn't just about getting paid .

Weighed against that argument of course are potentially millions of pounds , so I get why the Chairman may be advancing his cause for a place on the bench , and the Manager may well be happy to go along with it if he has been promised the proceeds can go into the transfer pot .

I just feel it sets the wrong tone .It makes contracts a one way bet , and that for me is wrong .These guys aren't on £100 a week .
the pink palermo
Huge noggin

Postby Nesticles on Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:21 pm

libero wrote:What's the argument against 15 mins for Sakho at Old Trafford - whatever we think of the guy as a person?

Personally, I would rather give Martinez 15 mins at Old Trafford over someone who has downed tools when the club, fans, teammates all needed him.

I also accept things don't really work like that, and football and the loyalty thing are all a bit fickle.
Nesticles

Postby rare as rockinghorse shat on Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:30 pm

the pink palermo wrote:Libero for me the issue comes down to the player effectively trying to force a move through a consistent period of bad behaviour .

For me, this where the balance lies.

There's no doubt that there's been a big element of bad behaviour, but for me it's how much of it has been borne out of genuine personal issues.
He should have remained more professional, no doubt, but I can never completely turn my back on a player and the way he's behaved if there may be some genuine issues which have now been overcome and a real change could happen.

Wishful thinking, but I look forward to seeing.
rare as rockinghorse shat

Postby ageing hammer on Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:22 pm

wildkard wrote:I know for a 100% absolute fact that Sakho's back injury, at every point he was supposed to have one, was real. He had back problems from before he joined us as well.

So Sak's back is cack Image
ageing hammer

Postby ageing hammer on Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:31 pm

I heard Sakho has mended his ways.

Apparently when he read that we had signed a rival for him up front he was said to be excited.

Poor Diafra his grasp of English is not so good, he mistook Chicharito for chiropractor.

Coat.............
ageing hammer

Postby Jumby on Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:57 pm

Jumby

Postby psychoscoredthelot on Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:16 pm

before the transfer window closes.

erm - it doesnt close - it slams shut
psychoscoredthelot

Postby hammersk on Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:19 pm

Stupid question:

What is the issue with Sakho being on the bench for Man U?

- If we plan to SELL him, doesn't putting him in the shop window make sense?
- If we to KEEP him, doesn't making him available for selection make sense?

...after all, which striker is he keeping out?

OK pedants, that's 4 questions
hammersk

Postby libero on Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:38 pm

I have nothing against the "he's a total twat, terrible attitude, let him rot" brigade. I'm not against punishing people who have behaved terribly, showing some strength in the face of unnacceptable petulance and arrogance. And yes, I'd rather those hypothetical 15 minutes went Toni Martinez .

BUT

In my experience, keeping a toxic person with you in the workplace - any workplace - but especially a football club where "team spirit" is so important - usually ends up being totally counterproductive and has the risk of poisoning club spirit.

So work with the manager, explain the plan, give him 15 minutes and, if he is this despicable person as described, then ship him off for 5m & the consequent wage save.

Or, if he's a changed person (as some claim), 100% fit (as one person ludicrously claims) then keep him and use him with and instead of Chicharito, with Martinez as 3rd striker and AC for occasional guest cameos

Both options work for me :thup:
libero

Postby OFT on Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:35 pm

before the transfer window closes.

psychoscoredthelot wrote:
erm - it doesnt close - it slams shut

:D

Quite, it'll be a sad day when it just closes, presumably at the same time as mooted deals and swoops are a thing of the past....
OFT

Postby DaveWHU1964 on Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:16 pm

hammersk wrote:Stupid question:

What is the issue with Sakho being on the bench for Man U?

- If we plan to SELL him, doesn't putting him in the shop window make sense?

Competitive, meaningful games should be about trying to win them rather than seen as an opportunity to advertise dross you want to offload.
DaveWHU1964

Postby MadMart on Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:23 pm

DaveWHU1964 wrote:Competitive, meaningful games should be about trying to win them rather than seen as an opportunity to advertise dross you want to offload.

Quite right, this won't be competitive so let's advertise the tosser and get rid of the poisonous twat
MadMart

Postby DaveWHU1964 on Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:36 pm

I don't want us giving up on games Mart. I'd hoped those days were done.

Even if he were to play, then shop window or no shop window, I can't see anyone being stupid enough to pay us an actual fee for the bloke. Nor could I see him being offered what he's on here. And as I see him as a professional footballer only in the sense that he wants to make as much money as he can then I don't think we'll rid ourselves of this waster until his contract runs out.
DaveWHU1964

Postby Kialos on Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:47 pm

Wont be competitive? We got a draw there last season, we've got 3 thousand West Ham fans up there. This game is no chukka.
Kialos

Postby mushy on Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:23 pm

Why do we actually need to 'advertise' this guy anyway?
Other teams are well aware of both his capabilities and his failings, its called scouting.
Does it really work that if he comes on with 15 mins to go, someone like Mark Hughes is sat there watching the match whilst eating his Roast Beef, sees Sakho and thinks..... '**** me I must buy that bloke'.
Do transfers actually work like this and is this really why we want him on the bench?

Or is it a gentle nudge that the bloke can actually still run and kick a ball?

There are more questions than answers......................................
mushy

Postby IanBishopLegend7 on Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:33 pm

I would much rather watch Martinez than Sakho sulking around the pitch.
IanBishopLegend7

Postby hammerman11 on Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:43 am

he should be nowhere near the bench. you earn that right not just turn up. after a month of hard traing maybe he has a chance but not now. man utd are beatable and we can hurt them even without our best player
hammerman11

Postby hammerleroy on Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:25 am

This clown should have been on the training pitch in the days of Bonzo and Alvin, not forgetting Dicksie at his prime. He's have been sorted out for sure! :)
hammerleroy

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion