Diafra Sakho

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Diafra Sakho

Postby Het-Field on Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:20 pm

mushy wrote:Quite, as stated my money says he wont be.
I doubt Bilic would have him, he has played 60 minutes of practice football in Lord knows how long, why would anyone in their right mind have him on the bench for Old Trafford?
The implication here is that if he does make the bench, it wont be a Bilic decision, something I agree with.

Maybe, maybe not. After all with 7 places on the bench, and only one irrefutably fit striker who is PL experienced may force Bilic's hand without any outside request or influence.
Het-Field

Location: Its great to be Irish, but its a miracle to be a Dub

Postby Georgee Paris on Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:22 pm

Is Rars a pimp? Errr what can I get for this £5
Georgee Paris

Postby the pink palermo on Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:23 pm

Het-Field wrote:Maybe, maybe not. After all with 7 places on the bench, and only one irrefutably fit striker who is PL experienced may force Bilic's hand without any outside request or influence.

The fact Bilic has no other options is the outside influence .

To get someone to do what you want all you need do is shut off all other options .
the pink palermo
Huge noggin

Postby HammerMan2004 on Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:24 pm

That's an extraordinary claim. The board are forcing Bilic to play Sakho by purposefully not signing any other strikers?!
HammerMan2004

Postby wildkard on Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:26 pm

mushy wrote:So you dont think Sullivan going on national radio and announcing that Sakho was '100% fit' (out of nowhere) is evidence of the board pushing him to be in the squad?
I didnt hear him mentioning anyone elses fitness, so why would he particularly single out Sakho?

Sakho has been a huge weight around the boards neck(and subsequently Bilics) for quite some time.
My money says they will do absolutely anything to get rid, even if he comes on as sub and scores a hat trick.

Jim White asked him if Bilic was the man to guide us to a top seven finish. Sullivan answers that we've had bad luck with injuries, to finish top seven needs us to be luckier with injuries then adds that Sakho is now 100% fit and will make a huge difference.

Not exactly just suddenly mentioning Sakho out of nowhere. I also think it's natural for him to mention Sakho being fit now rather than, say, Carroll as he's been out injured for so much longer.
wildkard

Postby Het-Field on Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:27 pm

the pink palermo wrote:
The fact Bilic has no other options is the outside influence .

To get someone to do what you want all you need do is shut off all other options .

Again, that cant be said with any certainty. It is speculation. This summer we have sold Valencia and Fletcher who could have been used up front. The leap you would have to make to come to your conclusion would be slightly far fetched. It would require believing that Fletcher and Valencia were sold in order to try and sell Sakho. Its not plausible. Equally, the Club just spent £16 Million on a striker who is likely to start every game he is available for, thus reducing the scope for Sakho. There are other way of getting rid of Sakho, most logically to pay out his contract, it only has a year to go.
Het-Field

Postby wildkard on Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:30 pm

We have one other fit, albeit not match fit, senior striker with Premier League experience. Yet putting that player on the bench will be an indication of board interference and nothing to do with the manager? I don't buy that at all. Just waiting for the standard "if he scores, watch him celebrate on his own" post that normally arrives around now.
Last edited by wildkard on Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wildkard

Postby mushy on Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:30 pm

wildkard wrote:
Jim White asked him if Bilic was the man to guide us to a top seven finish. Sullivan answers that we've had bad luck with injuries, to finish top seven needs us to be luckier with injuries then adds that Sakho is now 100% fit and will make a huge difference.

Not exactly just suddenly mentioning Sakho out of nowhere. I also think it's natural for him to mention Sakho being fit now rather than, say, Carroll as he's been out injured for so much longer.

So he didnt answer the Bilic question then? Just started waffling on about being unlucky etc.
Then brings Sakho into the conversation.
Hmmmmm.............. that smelly rat is getting larger.
mushy

Postby wildkard on Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:34 pm

You know what? You're right there. He didn't answer the Bilic question directly, no. "The manager is a very good manager, he just needs a bit of luck". He's long since gone off on a tangent by then mind you.

Can't agree at all about your assessment of why he mentions Sakho. Not one bit. He mentions his name once, when talking about injuries (the start of his waffling tangent). Perfectly natural and no conspiracy IMO.
wildkard

Postby Het-Field on Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:34 pm

mushy wrote:So he didnt answer the Bilic question then? Just started waffling on about being unlucky etc.
Then brings Sakho into the conversation.
Hmmmmm.............. that smelly rat is getting larger.

Not really. If Sakho is the closest to returning from injury that is just being used as an example.
Het-Field

Postby maltab on Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:39 pm

Sakho played 60 mins for the Under 23s.There was then talk he would possibly play against Billericay. Wasn't even on the bench.
Yet Sulli says he's 100% fit.
Something not right there.
maltab

Postby Crouchend_Hammer on Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:40 pm

Owner in "bigs up previously injured player so people think he is fit" shocker

Why wouldn't he do that? If the club want to sell him, makes sense to push his fitness as much as they can

That is a not quite the same as basing our entire transfer strategy, or make-up of our subs bench, on the objective of selling him.

If he is even 80% fit he should be on the bench and I am sure Bilic realises that

Our owners are helmets, but some of the stuff people come up with on here is a bit far fetched

If Bilic was getting treated this badly, then he really should resign. He would quite easily get another job somewhere else.

i doubt Allardyce would be backwards in coming forwards in spilling the beans on the owners if they were that bad to work for
Crouchend_Hammer

Postby wildkard on Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:41 pm

maltab wrote:Sakho played 60 mins for the Under 23s.There was then talk he would possibly play against Billericay. Wasn't even on the bench.

Probably just semantics. Or he's slightly mistaken. What about if he'd said he was "80% fit"?
wildkard

Postby Het-Field on Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:42 pm

maltab wrote:Sakho played 60 mins for the Under 23s.There was then talk he would possibly play against Billericay. Wasn't even on the bench.

The potential Billericay appearance was speculation.
Het-Field

Postby the pink palermo on Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:44 pm

Het-Field wrote:
The potential Billericay appearance was speculation.

Prove it .
the pink palermo
Huge noggin

Postby wildkard on Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:45 pm

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:Our owners are helmets, but some of the stuff people come up with on here is a bit far fetched

Spot on. I'd also add that they do so many things wrong, that are fully documented fact, that none of these leaps of logic are really required should anyone wish to prove a point about them.
wildkard

Postby HammerMan2004 on Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:46 pm

Sakho pictured in training today on West Ham's Instagram with the caption "Sakho's back!"
HammerMan2004

Postby Het-Field on Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:47 pm

the pink palermo wrote:
Prove it .

Easily. There was no official suggestion that Sakho would play, just a couple of media reports.

If you have other links that link a member of the club officially saying that Sakho would play, please share them and I will concede the point.
Het-Field

Postby the pink palermo on Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:48 pm

HammerMan2004 wrote:Sakho pictured in training today on West Ham's Instagram with the caption "Sakho's back!"

No doubt , and on a previous occasion when Bilic was stating he had trained with the first team I had watched him train with the kids .

And that isn't speculation, it's a fact .
the pink palermo
Huge noggin

Postby HammerMan2004 on Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:49 pm

I think it was just C+H who mentioned the Billericay gametime. But also said he might play for the U23s on Friday instead.
HammerMan2004

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion