Diafra Sakho

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Diafra Sakho

Postby OnePaulHilton on Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:48 pm

stu1 wrote:If people saw the same as Neville I don't think you can accuse them of having an agenda. Yes many of our players were poor, but there is a big difference between having a bad day and barely trying.

Whether Lukaku was Reid or Arthur's main is debateable, but if he wasn't Arthur's then what was Arthur doing. Just standing around joking? As he certainly wasn't marking any other Man U player.

There is nothing to debate. He was Reid's man. As is often the case the defence will have one or in this case two men spare. Yes he could have done better but it was Reid's fault.
OnePaulHilton

Postby DDHammer on Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:05 pm

Absolutely zero doubt in my mind we didn't put a 5'10 LB in charge of marking a 6'3 striker on a set piece. Masuaku was more than likely behind him in an attempt to put him off with Reid's job actually being to be in front of him to clear it, Reid did neither and just sort of jogged around looking lost.
DDHammer

Postby Hayden on Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:11 pm

Diafra Sakho, he sulks when he wants.

That's what we used to sing right?
Hayden

Postby hxhammer on Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:30 pm

Carey wrote:Funny really, we gave Enner so much stick, but he always gave 100%.

Sakho on the other hand probably couldn't even be arsed to lace his own boots, the lazy, useless, money-grabbing c**t. :thdn:

Not a fan then?
hxhammer

Postby ballantine on Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:07 pm

brooking_1980 wrote: In fact, I'd wonder if his inability to deal with this matter is another instance of Sully undermining Slav, just leave a disruptive influence in the squad, squad thinks why's he getting paid when he's not working etc ?

So you reason the owner/chairman refuses to sell a non-playing, disruptive element in hope that the rest of the players on his paylist will get unhappy, so the club he owns will fail, just so the manager he appointed will look bad?

I'm no fan of the owners, but that's some creative thinking right there :P
ballantine

Postby ironilunga on Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:55 am

27 years old, one year left on his contract and knows where the goal is in the premier league.Surely he would be an attractive signing for another premier league club where proven strikers are like gold dust. Or could the unthinkable happen and he signs a new deal with us?

How much do you think we could get for him in the final week of this window or in Jan? In this market I would say that anything below 10mil would be a very good deal for the buying club.
ironilunga

Postby Hammer1972 on Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:58 am

I don't know the truth of what has been going on with Sakho.

But from watching the game last night, he doesn't really appear to be enjoying himself. Did he always have a face like a smacked arse, or is it just since he has returned?
Hammer1972

Postby Crouchend_Hammer on Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:02 am

On the same page of this thread there is a comment about a player smiling too much, and now another player isn't smiling enough!
Crouchend_Hammer

Postby Hammer1972 on Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:05 am

It's not about him smiling for the sake of it, its about whether he is actually happy here or not.
Hammer1972

Postby szola on Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:07 am

He had a very good game yesterday. Hopefully he has another one at the weekend. Will be interesting to see if he is at the club in two weeks time.
szola

Postby Crouchend_Hammer on Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:08 am

What sort of reception did he get from the fans there yesterday, particularly when he was subbed? Sky were showing replays as the sub was being made so didn't get to see him walking off
Crouchend_Hammer

Postby Absolutely Hammered! on Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:11 am

Didn't even acknowledge Slav when Slav shook his hand at the end. For me his head still isn't right.

From what I've seen he acts as though the world owes him a favour.
Absolutely Hammered!

Postby fmgod on Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:11 am

The annoying thing is he is such a good goalscorer, his reaction when his scored was so meh :D
fmgod

Postby Colours never run on Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:17 am

I've never understood the fixation of fans over his moody mush. He's always had a face like a smacked arse even when he was banging them in for Metz. For want of a better expression, it's just his 'game face'..

https://youtu.be/dlQW7GjOxj0

But what he also is, is a natural goal scorer. He's also a big team player who grafts for the team.

If he can prove his fitness and a medical with no long term issues after his long may off, then in today's market he shouldn't go for anything less than £20m+. If there's a bit of an issue, then it could be closer to £10-15m I reckon.

How long left on his contract? Personally I'd try to keep him and offer him another contract if he can stay relatively injury free up to January and go from there.

It's hard enough to find a decent Striker as it is at this level, so I think it's badly to offload one if hes over his issues. I think a lot of the time he's a misunderstood character but it's true he's not helped himself at certain times in the past but we all make mistakes and he doesn't seem to have rocked the boat over the past year other than being a sick note.
Colours never run

Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Postby Puff Daddy on Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:23 am

I would like to keep him if we could. We have a real player there and if he could sort his ****ing head out, we have a potential 15 goals a season striker on our books, right there. He was brilliant last night and although he didn't quite connect properly for his goal, he still scored and his movement both on and off the ball was fantastic. He could be used in all sorts of combinations, either with AC or Chicharito and I think it would be criminal to sell him and get somebody else in, who probably won't be as good ,
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton

Postby Colours never run on Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:28 am

If all our Strikers remained relatviely free of injury, we now have an excellent pool of Strikers to call upon.

Hernandez
Carroll
Sakho

With a supporting cast of;

Antonio
Ayew
Martinez

That's a strike force to be proud of if the footballing gods allowed us at least 1 season of being free of injury.

The variation of talent would trouble any defence, anywhere. I don't want to see a single 1 leave right now and want to see how far we can get whilst they're here with Hernandez being the cherry on top.
Colours never run

Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Postby Ted Fenton on Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:29 am

Puff Daddy wrote:I would like to keep him if we could.

Totally agree with your comments. I thought he played very well last night, showing how we miss someone with thinking movement up front.
Celebrate? Firstly I didn't think his goal was cooly received by our other players. Secondly, he doesn't have the laughing, lighting up face like Kouyate.
Ted Fenton

Location: Rural Sevilla & the quieter part of Costa del Sol, sunny Spain

Postby ironilunga on Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:39 am

Puff Daddy wrote:I would like to keep him if we could.

Me too. A fit Sakho is a great addition to the squad and makes our striking options look so much more solid.
If bridges have not been burnt then sign him up for a couple more years. If this is not possible then I hope he gives his all for the club and that we get a decent-ish fee for him.
ironilunga

Postby YorksHammer on Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:53 am

I agree with the idea of giving him six months to 'prove' that his head is in the game and his body is physically OK. It looks unlikely we'll sell him this window right now, regardless of interest, so given his contract expires next summer we're likely to lose him without a fee anyway once January comes around. Might as well see how he goes.

He's probably much more suited to being the second in line for Hernandez than Carroll.
YorksHammer

Postby rare as rockinghorse shat on Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:55 am

Absolutely Hammered! wrote:Didn't even acknowledge Slav when Slav shook his hand at the end. For me his head still isn't right.

Looking too much into that mate. Happens a lot. Many people are focusing on something else and just acknowledge the quick winning handshake, rather than it being a personal one that needs any real eye contact etc

fmgod wrote:The annoying thing is he is such a good goalscorer, his reaction when his scored was so meh :D

Nor did Ayew, barely.

Both goals were a case of professional job, well done.

Let's look at what we know he did do.

Scored.
Set up the other.
Chased balls.
Worked hard.
Wanted to play.

He's massive for us, if he gets back into the groove.
rare as rockinghorse shat

Location: Sponsor my SkyDive for Mind - mental health - http://bit.ly/rars-skydive

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion