League Cup Draw-Cheltenham Town Home(but away)

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: League Cup Draw this week

Postby bubbles1966 on Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:25 pm

bubbles1966

Postby Dwight1970 on Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:25 pm

mywhufc wrote:If we had been drawn away instead of at home, then we wouldn’t need to compensate the opposition, different now, add that this was a home game so our travelling fans now have to pay out extra to see a game they should be seeing in Stratford.
Basically i hope the club lay on free transport for the fans

Totally agree, this should be a home fixture and 20,000 plus fans and many of them young with it being in the school holidays will miss out because we cannot stage the fixture.

Now the few that can attend have to fork out yet more travel expenses in a run of three consecutive away games in the League, simply because we have no venue to stage our fixtures and the board should take full responsibility for this and fully subsidise the travel for this fixture.
Dwight1970

Postby HarlowEssexHammer on Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:37 pm

Happy with that, new ground and should win long as we take it even remotely serious.

As we were drawn as the home side, agree with Dwight that the club should help us away fans with the travel for this one, my bank accounts taken a battering this month as we're doing all of the first three, and WBA goes on sale this Weds. Least my PPs are rocketing up
HarlowEssexHammer

Re: League Cup Draw-Cheltenham Town Home(but away)

Postby Overchuffed on Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:38 pm

Well that was an absolute shambles of a draw.
How hard is it to pick some balls out of a bowl and call it properly.
With the FA CUP draw you always hear things like "they drew XXX in the rehearsal"....... did they not rehearse this one? Or at least look at the letters on the balls before putting them in the bowl so you know what colour is what.

That was an absolute shower....i didn't think it could get worse than the 1st round draw but evidently it can!
Overchuffed

Postby Kialos on Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:39 pm

They can use a comparable ticket price and opposition from last season with Accrington if compo is payable.
What's the betting the cub will want to keep that figure very quiet :lol:
Kialos

Postby Claret&Blue,Thru& on Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:41 pm

Alternatively, we're very lucky not to have to watch (& pay for) another sh*t performance which we win 1-0 (0-1) with a goal in injury time.
Claret&Blue,Thru&

Postby Johnnyboy on Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:46 pm

Johnnyboy

Postby SW_Hammer on Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:54 pm

Priority points prediction for this one? I'm on 13 at the moment but only live about 8 miles from the stadium
SW_Hammer

Postby Doc H Ball on Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:01 pm

Chuffed with that - new ground. Might buy a boater.

My only concern is if they'll be enough tickets for all Bondholders, AST and Mayor Williams' family.
Doc H Ball

Postby danm79 on Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:04 pm

Shame they kept us in the South and put Newport in the North, would have quite liked Leeds away.
danm79

Postby Roby on Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:46 pm

k-r-c wrote:GOod chance of it being on TV since I'll be away?

Yeah, I reckon this'll be televised.

Well supported club equates to good viewing figures and therefore TV advertising money plus the chance of a giant killing upset.
Roby

Postby Telford_Ommer on Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:02 am

How can wolves be drawn southern half if villa and Birmingham are in the northern?

Same goes for Swansea in the southern and Newport in the northern.

Who went to what school of geographical excellence, they need to peruse a map.

Besides, why create regional draws? Stinks of fa trophy.
Telford_Ommer

Postby Coops on Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:02 am

I love a mid week cup game. It is a **** up that we have to play it away, Brady should resign.
Coops

Postby Doc H Ball on Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:54 am

Newport are in the Palaeolithic.
Doc H Ball

Postby Tenbury on Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:48 am

Went to this ground end of last season ( saw K Harriers play Gloucester City who were sharing theground ). It's total shithouse.Smallest/worst league stadium I've ever seen.Even the Kiddie mob were taking the piss. Away end all seated dug outs look like bus stops.Allocation will be miniscule, but the car Park alongside the ground was free though small.
Tenbury

Postby Phil S on Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:17 am

SW_Hammer wrote:Priority points prediction for this one? I'm on 13 at the moment but only live about 8 miles from the stadium

prediction 25 points
Phil S

Postby the pink palermo on Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:37 am

New ground for me , but this really should have been a home fixture .

Cheltenham fans have been deprived of visiting an Iconic, UEFA category 4 stadium , and the chance of glory by knocking us out on our own turf .Our supporters will struggle to get tickets .

Roughly 600 Bond holders, although many of them are so old they won't be allowed out of their nursing homes , 600 ASTH and that will be pretty much it .

A penalty shoot out would be good .
the pink palermo
Huge noggin

Postby The Big Show on Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:02 am

My sons a bondholder, he's 13 and had a season ticket for 10 years. Wild generalisation.
The Big Show

Postby Westbourne Bill on Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:52 am

Telford_Ommer wrote:How can wolves be drawn southern half if villa and Birmingham are in the northern?

Same goes for Swansea in the southern and Newport in the northern.

Who went to what school of geographical excellence, they need to peruse a map.

Besides, why create regional draws? Stinks of fa trophy.

Newport had to go in the Northern section because their pitch is being relaid and so they also can't play at home. It was done to avoid us being drawn with them. I suspect that's why Wolves were in the southern section.
Westbourne Bill

Postby bubbles500 on Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:10 am

Honestly don't see why it couldn't have been played at Rush Green and had 2-3k supporters ,which is more than will get tickets for Cheltenham.Should have waited to see opponents then made a decision on venue.A game like this could easily have been held at Rush Green.Absolute shambles,what on earth would they done if we qualified for europa, really can't think what solution would have been apart from use another clubs ground.
bubbles500

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion