Declan Rice

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Absolutely Hammered!
Has liked: 63 likes
Total likes: 255 likes

Re: Declan Rice

Post by Absolutely Hammered! »

Ozza wrote:**** me some of you lot like to make **** up to fit an agenda, exactly the same with the previous manager.

We're a goal down against Newcastle and he takes a defensive player off for arguably our most attacking threat in regards to creativity it's hardly ****ing rocket science is it? I'm pretty sure if he hadn't have done it most of you would be bitching about that instead.

It's ruined his confidence etc, do give it a rest what a load of b*llocks, the reason he's even playing is because of the managers decision
You're ruining people's fun with posts like that mate.
YorksHammer
Has liked: 383 likes
Total likes: 1414 likes

Post by YorksHammer »

He's right, though.
dvincent

Post by dvincent »

I thought that he was fantastic tonight at centre back. He was defensively sound, made important blocks, was aware of his surroundings, he's comfortable on the ball, and the 1 thing that impresses me the most is that he bosses seasoned pros about. I wouldn't hesitate putting him in the back 3 at Spurs.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6759 likes
Total likes: 2352 likes

Post by Colours never run »

dvincent wrote:I thought that he was fantastic tonight at centre back. He was defensively sound, made important blocks, was aware of his surroundings, he's comfortable on the ball, and the 1 thing that impresses me the most is that he bosses seasoned pros about. I wouldn't hesitate putting him in the back 3 at Spurs.

You're a vert brave man to be comfortable with that idea. I woukdnt dream of it right now up against Kane, Dele, Son and Eriksen.

But I do share your optimism for him generally. He's gonna be a real player for many years to come once he's fully established and nailed down a position.
kayahammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by kayahammer »

Future back three - Rice, Reid and Oxford. Sounds good to me
M*A*R*C

Post by M*A*R*C »

kayahammer wrote:Future back three - Rice, Reid and Oxford. Sounds good to me
Burke?
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 947 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

kayahammer wrote:Future back three - Rice, Reid and Oxford. Sounds good to me
More like Burke Reid and Rice

Oxford has been overhyped over 1 decent game against arsenal

I just don't see him making it. want to be wrong but he seems to constantly overlooked whatever club he is playing for
Hockley Hammer
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 30 likes

Post by Hockley Hammer »

I said to a mate last night at the game that fast forward a few years and i'd love to see Oxford and Rice as a centre back pairing for this club.

Good combination in my opinion and i've seen them play together and thought it at the time.
hammerddh
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by hammerddh »

I see a lot of positives with Rice, 100% he has a future.
Also agree with dvincent, major strength is his communication. In constant dialect with back four and GK last night. Very mature for his age and no surprise to see that coming through the ranks he always seems to be ahead of his development .

However, please please don't hype this kid up too much based on last night.

Bolton were truly shocking. One of the worst teams I've had the displeasure to watch over the years
only1post
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 86 likes

Post by only1post »

Yet there were plenty in this years transfer thread saying we needed another CB.
Smalling alone was mentioned on many occasions, others also.
Reece, Reece & Rice need game time and the future could be great defensively.
Six of our current defenders have contracts in to the 2020's.
Collins and Harts loan are up at the end of the season with Fonte & Zaba finishing in 2019.
At the end of next season Reid & Ogbonna will be 31, Cresswell late 20's and Byram& Masuaku mid 20's.
So if the three young CB's can develop to a high standard Tony Henry should have the following priorities for the coming windows.
A top quality keeper and maybe a back up if Adrian decides to leave.
A top quality Right back to replace Zaba.
A top top quality DM who is first name on the team sheet.
Maybe then we will stop conceding the goals that has stopped us from breaking into the top six.
Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 541 likes
Total likes: 424 likes

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

Very accomplished last night. Didn't put a foot wrong. Yes Bolton were awful but you can only beat what's put in front of you. Well done Declan :thup:
Estuary
Has liked: 369 likes
Total likes: 138 likes

Post by Estuary »

This lad looks like a real player, had a very accomplished game last night and looked like he had played 200 games in the first team such was his command.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 808 likes
Total likes: 3028 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

I felt from the moment he came on against Burnley last season his future may well be in the back 4 .

He looked very good indeed last night .
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 522 likes
Total likes: 1317 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

the pink palermo wrote:I felt from the moment he came on against Burnley last season his future may well be in the back 4 .

He looked very good indeed last night .
Seems Slaven agrees with you:
“Declan Rice is only young on paper, but he has a brain and concentration as if he was 30 years old,” said the manager. “He’s thinking about the game, he’s thinking about his positioning and everything. He is totally in the game, which is putting him in a position that he has everything to become a really, really good player.

“Declan can play in both positions. He is naturally a centre-back, but he has enough skill and stamina in his legs to play as a holding midfielder, and the brains to play both. Where he is going to play in his career, I really don’t know. If I had to choose I would say centre-back, but I don’t see anything he doesn’t have not to be a top holding midfielder, as he can pass the ball and has good stamina, so both!
Lincolnhammer92

Post by Lincolnhammer92 »

We've got Rice, Oxford, Burke, Byram and Masuaku who are all 23 or younger. Defence could be sound for a few years yet :thup:
kayahammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by kayahammer »

Lincolnhammer92 wrote:We've got Rice, Oxford, Burke, Byram and Masuaku who are all 23 or younger. Defence could be sound for a few years yet :thup:
With Reid coaching them
BrownFatwa
Total likes: 23 likes

Post by BrownFatwa »

Think we might have the real deal here with Rice.
He's already moved ahead of Burke and Oxford IMHO, either or both of which I would not be surprised to see moved on in the next 2 years.
claretcloggy

Post by claretcloggy »

Lincolnhammer92 wrote:We've got Rice, Oxford, Burke, Byram and Masuaku who are all 23 or younger. Defence could be sound for a few years yet :thup:
you'd first have to teach Masuaku to become defensively sound and Byram not to fly into silly challenges of course.
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 776 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

a bolton supporter i was talking to in the queue in couldn't stop raving about burke. less impressed with cullen though, has a habit of trying to do too much and getting caught in possession.
Danny's Dyer Acting
Has liked: 645 likes
Total likes: 1858 likes

Post by Danny's Dyer Acting »

Beavis Danzig wrote:a bolton supporter i was talking to in the queue in couldn't stop raving about burke. less impressed with cullen though, has a habit of trying to do too much and getting caught in possession.
Seen a couple of comments from Bolton fans on another forum that suggest Cullen has struggled to carry his form from League One to the slightly higher level. Sounds like it'd be good to extend the loan and keep him involved there.

Burke should probably brought back as soon as the initial spell is over. Get him involved and let Rice concentrate on being a back up in central midfield for the rest of the season.