Declan Rice

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

comebackjoecole

Re: Declan Rice

Post by comebackjoecole »

Lincolnhammer92 wrote:For his age, he is easily as good as any of Rio, Lamps, Carrick were at the same time, if not better. If he ends up being as good as any of them, he'll have one hell of a career
you can't be serious surely? he looks good so far, at 19 Rio was a "Rolls Royce".
YorksHammer
Has liked: 382 likes
Total likes: 1412 likes

Post by YorksHammer »

If Byram completes his move to Forest, which seems likely, there's something like £25k a week in the kitty, supposedly.

That's basically enough, isn't it?
Last edited by YorksHammer on Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iron Alex
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Iron Alex »

Hemel Iron wrote:If he is going to step up and be a regular, can he get a better squad number than 41?
I hope they give him number 73. Just to really mind boggle you :lol:
Ramsden Hammer

Post by Ramsden Hammer »

I was just buying my son the home kit for tomorrow's game and he want's Rice on the back; I was a little suspect given the contrcat talks but the manager of the shop said definately not as his in talks with Lazio! Anyone heard this?
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

Ramsden Hammer wrote:I was just buying my son the home kit for tomorrow's game and he want's Rice on the back; I was a little suspect given the contrcat talks but the manager of the shop said definately not as his in talks with Lazio! Anyone heard this?

Probably just ran out of 'R's
Last edited by S-H on Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hammer1972
Has liked: 57 likes
Total likes: 213 likes

Post by Hammer1972 »

The manager of the club shop is in talks with Lazio? Was in part of the Anderson deal?
Ozza
Has liked: 945 likes
Total likes: 2364 likes

Post by Ozza »

Hammer1972 wrote:The manager of the club shop is in talks with Lazio? Was in part of the Anderson deal?
?????
TeddyThePug
Has liked: 1 like

Post by TeddyThePug »

Ramsden Hammer wrote:I was just buying my son the home kit for tomorrow's game and he want's Rice on the back; I was a little suspect given the contrcat talks but the manager of the shop said definately not as his in talks with Lazio! Anyone heard this?
He didn't sell you a Haksabanovic shirt did he? I would hazard a guess he was just upselling.. I mean Rice is only 4 characters, whereas he would charge you for 8 characters more for that shirt :D
Ramsden Hammer

Post by Ramsden Hammer »

Hammer1972 wrote:The manager of the club shop is in talks with Lazio? Was in part of the Anderson deal?
I could've worded that better .. but you know what I mean!!
Ramsden Hammer

Post by Ramsden Hammer »

TeddyThePug wrote:
He didn't sell you a Haksabanovic shirt did he? I would hazard a guess he was just upselling.. I mean Rice is only 4 characters, whereas he would charge you for 8 characters more for that shirt :D
Ha ha - to be fair he didn't, which is more than I can say for West Ham shop at Lakeside.
Rocketron
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Rocketron »

Hemel Iron wrote:If he is going to step up and be a regular, can he get a better squad number than 41?
42?
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

rice contract will be sorted after the window the club have said as much. we are not letting him go as too important to Pellegrini.

probably waiting to shift some of the deadwood
byran 3m
kouyate 15m
obiang 15m
hughill 5m
Snodgrass 8m
oxford 15m
quinna 1m

once done there will be plenty for young rice. give him a contract just bigger than oxford and appearance based over the course of it. future west ham captain in a few years
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1904 likes
Total likes: 1612 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

:thup:

for your lists and for taking it as the banter it was intended !!!

think your valuation for a couple of players might be too much..

we're getting nowhere near 15M for Obiang if the transfer thread is to be believed, not even 15M Euros,,,

we'll get nowhere 15M for Oxford..I reckon it will be 10M max on payments (clauses) plus maybe add ons..

half Quina's price

reckon Hugill will go out on loan.....hasn't played at all in 6 months and is currently "injured."

not that any of that should affect Rice's wages at all. pay him what he is worth to the club a per pro other players who managed about 30 games as a starter in the PL last year...
RayleighIrons
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by RayleighIrons »

Utter nonsense. :lol:
I am Lawro
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by I am Lawro »

With the squad as it currently stands, he should start every single game that he's fit. Stop farting around and give him a contract that reflects this.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

comebackjoecole wrote:Lincolnhammer92
For his age, he is easily as good as any of Rio, Lamps, Carrick were at the same time, if not better. If he ends up being as good as any of them, he'll have one hell of a career

you can't be serious surely? he looks good so far, at 19 Rio was a "Rolls Royce".
Not so much as a Rolls Royce at 19, more of a BMW M5 with the occasional misfire that needed correcting. I distinctly remember him having the odd mistake in him at that age which was to be expected. He didn't have the best of concentration back then although showed a lot of promise when he eventually upgraded to becoming a Rolls. I don't think Rice is not too far behind in quality of a similar age, although in a slightly different position.

If Rice was a Car today, he'd be an Audi A5 coupe with a couple of dents to the bodywork that can be easily ironed out. Reliable, able to do plenty of miles to the gallon, easy on the eye and unfussy.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

So the Club shop is where IRONMIKE tweets from. :idea:
Coops
Has liked: 442 likes
Total likes: 573 likes

Post by Coops »

Probably just trying to boost his sales figures.
Rice is only 4 letters. Arnautovic is far more profitable.
e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Post by e17 »

Give him double the wage of Oxford and that other lad whose name I can’t spell and pump “Rice Rice baby” by Vanilla Rice into the athletics stadium
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 342 likes
Total likes: 362 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

Rio a RR at 19!?!?! Not even close, as one poster said, a German motor maybe.

DR does look like he could be the real deal, agree he was not at Rios' stage though. Would put him ahead of Lampard at the same stage, similar to Carrick in regards to development.

It's all opinions, but one thing for sure, I want to see him develop under the C&B.